Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #43
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I'm picking up my NPP setup from Callaway on Monday. I'll document how I install the controller, but the local junkyard sold me an accumulator with check valve for $7.
I'll run plastic tubing from an air suspension kit which is rated to handle pressure OR vacuum.
Isn't the NPP from a V8 Camaro a different size pipe than the V6? I thought we had to install an adaptor up front to make it work. I want to do this at home, so I'll have some stainless tubes done up to remove the secondary unmonitored cats at the same time.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #44
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I'm picking up my NPP setup from Callaway on Monday. I'll document how I install the controller, but the local junkyard sold me an accumulator with check valve for $7.
I'll run plastic tubing from an air suspension kit which is rated to handle pressure OR vacuum.
Isn't the NPP from a V8 Camaro a different size pipe than the V6? I thought we had to install an adaptor up front to make it work. I want to do this at home, so I'll have some stainless tubes done up to remove the secondary unmonitored cats at the same time.
Good luck with your project.

I do not know if the tubing size for the V8 is different than the V6. I would not be surprised if it is.

I assume you are going with Mild2Wild in a Box ... Yes, installing the vacuum accumulator is really a necessity. Something the Mild2Wild folks omitted to mention in their instructions. With the accumulator and check valve the vacuum installation will be as the manufacturer intended. Your installation is much more likely to work the way you want it to.

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #45
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Good luck with your project.

I do not know if the tubing size for the V8 is different than the V6. I would not be surprised if it is.

I assume you are going with Mild2Wild in a Box ... Yes, installing the vacuum accumulator is really a necessity. Something the Mild2Wild folks omitted to mention in their instructions. With the accumulator and check valve the vacuum installation will be as the manufacturer intended. Your installation is much more likely to work the way you want it to.

Steve
I'm not using a kit- I'd rather do it myself the way I want it. The kits seem crazy overpriced for what they do. Mine will just be dual mode like my RS5- I swapped the R8 to manual control too.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #46
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
I'm not using a kit- I'd rather do it myself the way I want it. The kits seem crazy overpriced for what they do. Mine will just be dual mode like my RS5- I swapped the R8 to manual control too.
I'd like to see what you come up with

Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #47
Jylee

Drives: 2012 2LT
No adaptor needed. The NPP will bolt to your CAT. I trimmed my diffuser, and follow the post "wire your NPP for $50". Good luck with your project.

Jack
Jylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #48
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jylee View Post
No adaptor needed. The NPP will bolt to your CAT. I trimmed my diffuser, and follow the post "wire your NPP for $50". Good luck with your project.

Jack
I thought for sure the V8 had bigger pipes, so I hope you're right! I looked over the post you suggested and came up with my plan. Plastic lines, vac reservoir and check valve from a Toyota Corolla, GM vacuum solenoid and a hidden rocker switch inside the center console storage compartment
Old 01-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #49
Mluisi

Drives: Red-Hot
Hey hawk which lights are those because I've been looking at that type. Brand? Are they bright?
Mluisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 AM   #50
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mluisi View Post
Hey hawk which lights are those because I've been looking at that type. Brand? Are they bright?
They are from Phastek Performance, and the U-Halo's are just the daylight running lamps. I installed HID bulbs (4300k to match the halo), which are as bright as any other headlamp, though they are projector so the light is "aimed" lower than a typical bulb.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:38 AM   #51
Bledialb

Drives: 2012 2lt black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Search in the LFX forums. I added a complete NPP system when I had my V6 Camaro.
How did you do that? I have the npp exhaust in place and I don't know where in the lfx engine should I tap my vacuum lines?? Pls help
Bledialb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:41 AM   #52
Bledialb

Drives: 2012 2lt black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jylee View Post

Jack
I have v6 too, where in the engine did you tap the vacum lines?
Bledialb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #53
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
I know it’s an old thread but informational:

I’ve never really knew much about it, but reading this whole thread, I’m glad my ‘15 RS came with NPP exhaust from the factory. I love the way it sounds. When I’m at the track, my car idles really quiet then when I race it perks right up. I get accused of having a V8 a lot.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #54
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
mine is on 24/7 so it is awesome
Old 09-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #55
Caniac27

Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado, Red Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealer View Post
mine is on 24/7 so it is awesome
same! My 2013 LT2/RS came with factory NPP. Pulled the fuse and love the sound!
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #56
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac27 View Post
same! My 2013 LT2/RS came with factory NPP. Pulled the fuse and love the sound!
Yeah, it gave me a headache at first but once I got used to it. My wife and I love the sound and it is a head-turner. My best part is if I am following behind her in the morning as we both go to our separate jobs. The first startup sound in the morning is breathtaking. In my head, it is my black little Lambougini.

Tags
controller, dual tips, exhaust, mrt, npp