Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #57
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
I have over 14,000 miles on mine. Probably few cone impacts too. One came loose. I cleaned surface to remove any wax /grease prior to installation. VHB takes times to setup. I drove the car in winter.. with SNOW packed up on them.

One of my first mods.. well.. only mods Rears I did modify install direction and use longer spacers since ones provided seemed way to fkn short. Trip to HD and handful of nylon spacers.. DONE.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #58
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Mustang forums are full of people getting them without the tape installed, and having them fall off when the temps rise. Same for the Charger forums.

It's nice to see that some of you have had good luck with them, but your personal experiences are anecdotal at best. Not all will fail, I'd hope even a majority would find success if they are still being sold for road use (without DOT certification, mind you); be happy if yours don't as they did not stand behind their product in my case (so the forum save-a-company-that-doesn't-care-about-you-anyway brigade can stay seated).

And yes I properly prepared the area first, including polishing and panel wipe so we can safely assume I know how to install tape. LMAO
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #59
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Mine are over 18 months old and +16,000 miles with rain use but no snow, still on there.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #60
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I have 1700 miles on mine and don't daily it. The only place I've noticed rock chips are the very lower front bumper of mine and the rear quarters in front of the rear wheels but pretty low in position. There are a surprising amount but I guess that's the way it is. I'm just glad we aren't as bad as the Vette guys I'd have a heart attack.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #61
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Maybe it's too hot in AZ for tape-on solutions

Since its soo dry.. few zip screws, problem solved ? What does ACS stuff go on with ?

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #62
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
The register cover thing worked fine for me, did not fall off at 130+ down the straight at a Dominion Virginia Track Night, just made sure when the door was closed it would tuck in. Took 10sec to put on. I guess it saved few hits from marbles, i noticed a few dark streaks. Not sure if it saved my paint any. Another ss 1le owner at the event told me it's the lower part that gets hit.

Anyway, still thinking this register cover thing is my solution, although, the better solution might be do nothing, and wait for the preciousness of a new car thing to fade ...
Attached Images

Last edited by Hops; 09-20-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #63
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Mine are over 18 months old and +16,000 miles with rain use but no snow, still on there.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anecdotal
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #64
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Anyway, still thinking this register cover thing is my solution, although, the better solution might be do nothing, and wait for the preciousness of a new car thing to fade ...
LOL this is where I'm at. Immediately added Xpel and ceramic coated the car after taking delivery.....fast forward to now and its become my track toy and I've accepted the damage that comes with that. I still keep it as clean as possible and maintain it, just have stopped sweating the small stuff. I had this change in state of mind when something on track blew through my xpel and created a hole that looked like my bumper was shot with a .45 Also FWIW my quarter-panels are torn up even with the Xpel and rock guards