Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #15
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
a vendor that the forum won't let me mention makes a harness for the non bose SS - I used that to pull the front speaker speaker level inputs, then ran those through a audio control LC2i to give a line level output. I am not sure that is really necessary, but I tried it without and I was getting some inconsistencies in the bass output so I figured it might be a good addition to the system. I left the rear fill speakers in place and run them at a very low level. The convertible has no 6x9's in the rear deck - I am really not sure those are necessary either.

I am running 6.5" focal components in the doors and those handle the upper bass more than enough - in fact, I find it has too much upper bass and I may need to use a EQ to pull a bit out of the 100-300Hz frequency range. But for most source material it sounds damn good as-is without any EQ correction.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #16
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Sub thump sells the harness that plugs in line with the factory amp so you don’t have to cut into the factory wiring. Also get the noise canceling delete harness. People have noted feed back with out deleting it.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #17
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Sub thump sells the harness that plugs in line with the factory amp so you don’t have to cut into the factory wiring. Also get the noise canceling delete harness. People have noted feed back with out deleting it.
I just unplugged that connector - solved

Yes - that is the vendor I used for the harness - for some reason it gets edited out when I type that name all written together.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:21 PM   #18
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
I just unplugged that connector - solved

Yes - that is the vendor I used for the harness - for some reason it gets edited out when I type that name all written together.
Weird. Their harness seems to be nicely made compared some other ones I have used over the years.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:06 AM   #19
c4racer

The harness is great. What’s weird is when I type ******** it doesn’t show up.
But sub thump works. Odd.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #20
loispgidleywriter

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro
Thanks for this post Msquared! I love your article!