Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Ibanks Idash

Just setup my new ibanks gauges. They were easy to install/setup work well and look really good. I don’t need to pull out the laptop as much to log either.... Put em on your new years list
Attached Images

Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Nice!!
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #3
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Agreed, I really like my Banks iDash as well!
Old 12-30-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Maybe a dumb question, but do any of these gauges do AFR or do I need a dedicated wideband?
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLe View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but do any of these gauges do AFR or do I need a dedicated wideband?
Much easier to just do the AEM wideband as it comes with a pass through that lets you plug the iDash into it. Plus the AEM communicates via canbus so it’s easy to datalog your AFR through HP Tuners.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Much easier to just do the AEM wideband as it comes with a pass through that lets you plug the iDash into it. Plus the AEM communicates via canbus so it’s easy to datalog your AFR through HP Tuners.
I love your pillar pods. How the hell do I get them in RHD? The only thing I can think of is to cut out the pods using my old company's laser and cut out the exact same spot on my pillar panel and try to graft it back in using some professional glue and a subtle skin covering. I'm actually thinking to do this for the center cup holders and arm rest also.... Where did you get the pillar pod holder? Let's see how well in can graft.... Will it be Frankenstein or will it look OEM.....
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:09 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I love your pillar pods. How the hell do I get them in RHD? The only thing I can think of is to cut out the pods using my old company's laser and cut out the exact same spot on my pillar panel and try to graft it back in using some professional glue and a subtle skin covering. I'm actually thinking to do this for the center cup holders and arm rest also.... Where did you get the pillar pod holder? Let's see how well in can graft.... Will it be Frankenstein or will it look OEM.....
Thanks! I’m running the dual gauge pillar from ZZP Performance.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:43 AM   #8
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Thanks for the info. Another question: What do you think about the nGuage? From what I've read, it works well with HPT and simplifies things somewhat and you can load a tune through it - but in reality, that sure sounds cool, but practical for me? I see no real future where I would be swapping tunes. Is the iDash better in your opinion or six of one - half a dozen of another? I can see it monitors eight data points where the nGuage only will do six. Thanks.
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:01 PM   #9
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Another question: What do you think about the nGuage? From what I've read, it works well with HPT and simplifies things somewhat and you can load a tune through it - but in reality, that sure sounds cool, but practical for me? I see no real future where I would be swapping tunes. Is the iDash better in your opinion or six of one - half a dozen of another? I can see it monitors eight data points where the nGuage only will do six. Thanks.

Honestly its probably a matter of opinion. I myself like the look of the idash gauges better, and it couldnt be any simplier... I would rather load a tune through my laptop then trust a gauge also.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #10
Joshinator99

Quote:
I don’t think the nGauge is still being made? It’s not shown on HP Tuners website anymore (https://www.hptuners.com/products/) . I just like the iDash flexibility and Banks is always adding features to it.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I will be adding two of these to each of my company trucks this year. I’ll probably add one & a WB to the car.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #12
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hi Everyone. I have a question. I ultimately plan to tune through Janetty Racing with HPTuners but that won't be for a little while yet. For now I plan to buy the AEM Wideband and Banks iDash. The question is, am I correct in thinking that I do NOT need the iDash with datalogging because I will be able to datalog through HPTuners? I don't have a need to datalog right now and don't want to waste money buying the more capable iDash if I don't need it. Oh, I have an SS, not a ZL1. Thanks.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:25 PM   #13
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Don't know about a RHD pillar pod, but you could do this:
Attached Images

7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:27 PM   #14
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
Hi Everyone. I have a question. I ultimately plan to tune through Janetty Racing with HPTuners but that won't be for a little while yet. For now I plan to buy the AEM Wideband and Banks iDash. The question is, am I correct in thinking that I do NOT need the iDash with datalogging because I will be able to datalog through HPTuners? I don't have a need to datalog right now and don't want to waste money buying the more capable iDash if I don't need it. Oh, I have an SS, not a ZL1. Thanks.
Correct, I run the iDash without data logging (think they call it the Supergauge). If I want to log at the strip or for tuning, I just unplug the iDash and plug in my laptop with HP Tuners. But the AEM wideband stays plugged in either way.