Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #57
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Why not just call it LT-5?
You know, I actually don't hate that....actually that's pretty good IMO.

Quote:
The gen5 Z/28 was a last minute decisions.

As you know, the ZL1 was supposed to be the Z/28 but they changed at the name to ZL1 at last minute. The Z/28 was in response to all the crap they were getting about weight and the Boss LS.

I do however think the entire gen6 was planned from the beginning. The gen5 evolved.
True....or they realised they had a bunch of LS7s that needed homes lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:40 PM   #58
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
The LT5 doesn't fit in the current Camaro, it would need a new hood, and fire wall opened up, cost is retooling the assembly line, it wont happen. (if it does, ill be first in line though !)
Old 05-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #59
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
The LT5 doesn't fit in the current Camaro, it would need a new hood, and fire wall opened up, cost is retooling the assembly line, it wont happen. (if it does, ill be first in line though !)
EZ fixes both
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #60
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Fire wall opened up? Why?

ZL1 hood is roomier than the Z06. Guys are putting 2.9L Whipple SC upgrades on them.

You serious Clark?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #61
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Quote:
Fire wall opened up? Why?

ZL1 hood is roomier than the Z06. Guys are putting 2.9L Whipple SC upgrades on them.

You serious Clark?
its been talked about man times in many threads on the ZL1 forums. All the Camaros that have the 2.9's have modifications to the hoods, whether its undercut the inside or changing it out (look at EFHOBBIES build) either way, it might be a simple fix, but its not something that would make profit for the bean counters that are at the heart of Chevy. It also might balloon the cost of the Camaro more than they are willing to charge. TOO many things, I only see the 6th Gen going through production till around 2022, then a new Generation will be on the horizon (prob already in the works, IF Camaro isn't getting the Axe all together) But I'm just regurgitating stuff that has been talked about all before...here is the link..

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538867
Old 05-30-2019, 06:31 PM   #62
Brettmess24

Drives: 17 C7 GS WGG
LT2 vs LT5

Quote:
its been talked about man times in many threads on the ZL1 forums. All the Camaros that have the 2.9's have modifications to the hoods, whether its undercut the inside or changing it out (look at EFHOBBIES build) either way, it might be a simple fix, but its not something that would make profit for the bean counters that are at the heart of Chevy. It also might balloon the cost of the Camaro more than they are willing to charge. TOO many things, I only see the 6th Gen going through production till around 2022, then a new Generation will be on the horizon (prob already in the works, IF Camaro isn't getting the Axe all together) But I'm just regurgitating stuff that has been talked about all before...here is the link..

Bullshit! Didn’t stop them on the ZR1 to have a different hood. The Camaro would be just as easy if not easier to use the same hood with a taller carbon fiber cowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brettmess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM   #63
Squatch
Camaro pilot

the ZR1 was planed and has way more than just a hood...just read the thread I linked. I WISH they would drop the LT5 in the Camaro, combined with the Auto-10 it would be great (another thing they would have to R&D though)
Old 05-31-2019, 12:57 PM   #64
396ssrat

Quote:
the ZR1 was planed and has way more than just a hood...just read the thread I linked. I WISH they would drop the LT5 in the Camaro, combined with the Auto-10 it would be great (another thing they would have to R&D though)
When your sales are 3rd out of 3 you do whatever required to up your sales or fade into darkness. The Demons are far out in front of the ZL cars by a stretch.
No, not on a road course but on the drag strip and the Challenger is up front in sales as a result. That doesn't leave out the Charger either as Chevy doesn't have any comparable sedan to compete. Cadillac is not in the same class price wise.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:50 PM   #65
Squatch
Camaro pilot

I do think Chevy needs to do something, and its one of the reasons I have held out buying my 6th Gen so far, I keep hoping they will do what NEEDS to be done...They better have an ace up their sleeve, or it might be 2002 all over again :(
Old 06-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #66
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yes he did say that, thanks to Martin though we learned that at ZR-1 was always in the plans at GM. So GM knew the LT-4 would be shared.

The LT-1 in the Corvette is rated at 460, in the camaro its 455. yes its only 5 hp, and yes they probably both are 460, yet GM still rates it higher in the Corvette.

That still pisses me off lol. GM took the C6 back 4 different times to get better lap times. Yet not one C7 lap time.
If the truth be known, the reason GM never posted the RING time for the ZR1 was that they were upset with the fact that the VIPER was just slightly faster than they were and they ALWAYS strived to be the BEST American built car. The time for the ZR1 was supossedly around 7.12. The VIPER was faster but that car was totaled shortly after that FAST run.

look at this: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...g-time-rumors/
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #67
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Chevy could easily put a 2.3 SC and upgrade the fuel system in the ZL1 without making any other modifications. They can have it tuned to less than the ZR1 as not to pull attention or buyers from them. It could make 700-720 and I’m sure lots including myself would be all over it. Only problem then is, what happens to the ZO6? Already the ZL1 is taking their buyers.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #68
396ssrat

Unsure about that. C7 styling is a home run in my opinion. Much more appealing from a styling stand point than is the Camaro. Both in reality are 2 seaters. My ext cab Silverado is also a 2 seater in reality. Yes you can cramp someone back there but they aren't comfortable.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #69
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

The manufacturers disagree with you. They say it fits even under the SS hood.

I’m not Whipple experts but there are photos everywhere of it fitting without modifying the fire wall or hood. You posted a general link, not something specific about hood and fire wall modifications. Can you be more precise?

Quote:
The Whipple ZL1 swap system is a simple bolt-on system that fits with existing stock air intake system, intercooler and belt system. Each system comes with all the necessary hardware for an easy, trouble-free swap

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/ind...product_id=454
Quote:
Fits under factory (SS) hood with no modifications

https://www.phastekperformance.com/W...percharger.htm
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #70
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
My understanding is the LT5 will not fit under the current ZL1 hood as well & thought it was confirmed by a couple of our performance center advertisers here...ZL1 forum maybe?? This why the thinking was if we get it, will be on the next gen.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concept, lt2, lt5, z/28