Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
UFC 205 Alvarez VS. McGregor | Whats your thoughts?

The title says it all ladies and Gents, who do you think is going to win?

Keep it civil
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #2
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Connor, Tyrone, Johanna.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #3
PK Auto Design

The Pennington Tate fight was intense especially when Pennington lifted Tate off the ground by the neck.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Connor shows his worth,good show!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #5
PK Auto Design

It was a good fight but Jesus 5. Knockdowns in less then 10 minutes.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #6
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
It was pretty obvious that McGregor would win...hell in the staredown after the weigh-in he looked bigger than Alvarez. If he was ever gonna hold both simultaneously, now was the time, the lightweght division hasn't been held by a single fighter longer than maybe 1 title defense for years now.

You don't have to like his personality to know that you have to talk about him in comparison to the greatest fighters in history like GSP, Silva and Penn. Hell, I think that at their primes McGregor would be a really tough fight for Penn...probably not so much for GSP.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
It was pretty obvious that McGregor would win...hell in the staredown after the weigh-in he looked bigger than Alvarez. If he was ever gonna hold both simultaneously, now was the time, the lightweght division hasn't been held by a single fighter longer than maybe 1 title defense for years now.

You don't have to like his personality to know that you have to talk about him in comparison to the greatest fighters in history like GSP, Silva and Penn. Hell, I think that at their primes McGregor would be a really tough fight for Penn...probably not so much for GSP.
GSP was a beast, but McGregor is a hell of a fighter thats for sure.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #8
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
GSP would whip Connor, he can barely handle Diaz. Won a close decision and tapped out in the other. Next one against Nate should be another great match.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #9
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
GSP would whip Connor, he can barely handle Diaz. Won a close decision and tapped out in the other. Next one against Nate should be another great match.
GSP was one of the all time greats.

I would say it would be a hell of a fight thats for sure, yep the next fight is going to be a hell of a fight.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #10
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Agreed...GSP would go in with a crazy strength and size advantage. He might also be the ONLY fighter out of all the guys who wouldn't be affected by the trashtalk and try to bang with Connor.

No way could Connor keep himself off the mat against GSP...hell come to think of it, how many takedown guys has Connor faced? I wouldn't consider Diaz a takedown guy, he is great on the ground but I never thought of him as someone that shoots well, more of like a clinch and throw/trip guy.

There's been "rumors" that GSP wants back in specifically to fight Connor...I'd be all for it but you might get a revolt from the LW and FW divisions, it would be interesting to see if the UFC cares at this point. Heck Connor might vacate the FW title if he gets a shot at GSP, since mountains for him to climb, at this point, are few beating one of the all time greats who may/may not still be in prime shape would be important if you're thinking about his legacy (which I'm sure he is). It'd be a huge money fight.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 11-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #11
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Agreed...GSP would go in with a crazy strength and size advantage. He might also be the ONLY fighter out of all the guys who wouldn't be affected by the trashtalk and try to bang with Connor.

No way could Connor keep himself off the mat against GSP...hell come to think of it, how many takedown guys has Connor faced? I wouldn't consider Diaz a takedown guy, he is great on the ground but I never thought of him as someone that shoots well, more of like a clinch and throw/trip guy.

There's been "rumors" that GSP wants back in specifically to fight Connor...I'd be all for it but you might get a revolt from the LW and FW divisions, it would be interesting to see if the UFC cares at this point. Heck Connor might vacate the FW title if he gets a shot at GSP, since mountains for him to climb, at this point, are few beating one of the all time greats who may/may not still be in prime shape would be important if you're thinking about his legacy (which I'm sure he is). It'd be a huge money fight.
If GSP comes back to fight that would be the biggest fight period. GSP VS. McGregor back for more. lol
Old 11-15-2016, 01:35 AM   #12
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
If GSP comes back to fight that would be the biggest fight period. GSP VS. McGregor back for more. lol
I think that's the only fight that could pull GSP out of retirement.

Seriously though, I think Mac would have to say YES to the fight just because of where he wants to be placed as far as legacy. If he never fights another legend (well I guess Aldo was a legend too but not on the same level as GSP due to the competition) he will always have to stand on the simultaneous titles but people will always bring up that Aldo was his only truly great opponent and that still doesn't erase the fact that he lost to an out-of-training Nate Diaz.

He seems to want to set himself apart from Penn, Aldo, GSP, Silva and Fedor...beating GSP could do that and I would be hard-pressed to argue differently. I still don't like Mac's attitude but it is what it is.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 11-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
PK Auto Design

Quote:
I think that's the only fight that could pull GSP out of retirement.

Seriously though, I think Mac would have to say YES to the fight just because of where he wants to be placed as far as legacy. If he never fights another legend (well I guess Aldo was a legend too but not on the same level as GSP due to the competition) he will always have to stand on the simultaneous titles but people will always bring up that Aldo was his only truly great opponent and that still doesn't erase the fact that he lost to an out-of-training Nate Diaz.

He seems to want to set himself apart from Penn, Aldo, GSP, Silva and Fedor...beating GSP could do that and I would be hard-pressed to argue differently. I still don't like Mac's attitude but it is what it is.
If he could even beat GSP then thats a different story, but I dont think that would happen, GSP has been known to snap necks even when he's sleeping o_0
Old 11-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #14
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
If he could even beat GSP then thats a different story, but I dont think that would happen, GSP has been known to snap necks even when he's sleeping o_0
Yeah, the only trouble GSP has ever had was in his early career when he got complacent OR when he's faced people with significant weight/strength advantage (but he's never lost to them, just had a harder time imposing his will).

I think the only problem to this potential match-up is that GSP hasn't fought in a long time and he isn't getting any younger. If they want to do this they need to sign it NOW and give GSP some time to shake off the rust. But that is actually a possibility since Mac is expecting a child.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2

Tags
alvarez, mcgregor, pkautodesign, ufc, ufc 205