Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
A10 gear 3 and 4 jerking on upshifts

2019 SS A10. I’ve taken the car to the dealer and of course they couldn’t replicate the problem. They said the TCM was up to date, trans fluid was full, and they didn’t want to do a trans fluid flush. Told me since it’s a 10 speed it shifts a lot and I’m not used to it

Mostly in stop and go traffic only, in gears 3 and 4, the car feels like it slips and sometimes jerks a little bit into 3 and 4, but every other gear is smooth as butter and there’s no problems shifting WOT. It’s just normal driving into those two gears. I’ve noticed it’s most prevalent in sport mode.

I was doing some reading and saw the ZL1 guys had some 3/4 quirks on downshifts with the A10, I was thinking maybe this is just because of how quick the trans shifts + the shorter gear ratios it’s hard for the car to keep up sometimes? I dont know, anyone else have this problem? Is this something to be concerned about and get on the dealer’s ass?
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
BrandanK

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
I have the same issue on the 3-4 shift. Only happens when the car is manually shifted.
I thought about taking it to the dealership, but I figured they won't have a solution.

Brandan
BrandanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandanK View Post
I have the same issue on the 3-4 shift. Only happens when the car is manually shifted.
I thought about taking it to the dealership, but I figured they won't have a solution.

Brandan
My A10 does the same thing in manual 3-4 shifts, thought it was just mine... Must be something in the programming...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #4
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
My A10 does the same thing in manual 3-4 shifts, thought it was just mine... Must be something in the programming...
Weird, I don’t drive it in manual very often but I don’t recall any jerkiness there only in regular drive. Sounds like mine’s the opposite for some reason. Just put almost 2k miles on the car so she’s sleeping for awhile right now, but I’ll have to test it again when I take it out.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote