Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 08-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #29
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Don't cause division between each other on a car forum. It's about all of us liking camaros, that's all, nothing to do with politics.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but the American experiment is important to me. I never attack other members. I am not mad at any other member. Sometimes I cannot stay silent. What is happening to us is way beyond politics, it could be the destruction of our way of life as well as too many lives taken by Covid. But we still have other things we need to fix besides our completely broken White house and Justice system.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #30
Fraxum

I went to Atco last Friday night and left after 4 runs of improvement. But it was mobbed by 8 PM so I left.

My big improvement was consistency! I installed a Holley ODB2 shift light in about 5 minutes. I still need to adjust the 2-3 and 3-4 and maybe pick up a 12.3. What I do not like about it and the placemenent is the windshield reflection. Does my LT1 have a HUD windshield?

I am still launch testing to avoid the GM bog. Al O. said there is a clutch release that can mostly avoid the bog. He is a straight shooter so it must be possible. Maybe I will try to ask him about that. I wish he was still involved with Camaros, but you know he will make some fast good handling cars that have to beep when they back up.

I made 3 12.5 runs and a 12.465@114.39 @ +85 Drag Times DA and my best 60' @ 1.948 in the LT1. I did about that number in my '16 SS on stock runflats a number of times.

I also beat up on 2 stock 392 autos, a Challenger and a Charger. On the other side of the coin I was crushed by a fast early 90s Mustang and a very cool mint Turbo Buick. Both of these were mid 11 second cars with good drivers so no hope for them spinning or falling asleep giving me a chance.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-23-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #31
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Those mid-80's Regals were some of the quickest production cars ever produced.

Everyone knows about the Grand National (0-60 @ 4.9), and a handful of people know about the GNX (0-60 @ 4.7). Almost no one knows about or remembers what was called the "turbo-T" Regal which ran somewhere between the Grand National and GNX in terms of quickness. The Regal T-Type "grocery getter" was no slouch on its own, either. So, you were definitely up against a well-qualified vehicle in additon to an apparently qualified driver.

No shame in being beaten by any one of those...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #32
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I started looking into shift lights as well. Would you recommend the one that you have? I thought about mounting it between the two "ears" of the instrument cluster on that little horizontal 'glass' piece at the top (if that makes sense). What do you have the shift light set to for each upshift? Do you use the No Lift Shift algorithm on your runs?

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #33
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I started looking into shift lights as well. Would you recommend the one that you have? I thought about mounting it between the two "ears" of the instrument cluster on that little horizontal 'glass' piece at the top (if that makes sense). What do you have the shift light set to for each upshift? Do you use the No Lift Shift algorithm on your runs?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sometimes I NLS but my muscle memory seems to just happen, so I am not sure. But shifts are coming fast and clean. Great M6!!

But you pushed me back #11 on the M6 fast list!!!! no worries for your place from me with a Rotofab and tires. My goal was 11s with no tune. It does seem possible. Great run BTW.

Oops I forgot to mention the Shift light is an ODB2 Holley.

I do like it but I wish it was black. In my previous SS I had this setup below. I may go back to a setup like that. I got the ODB2 version so I can easily remove it. But I hate it with the ODB2 plug sticking out and the long thick wire. We shall see if Atco closes this year. Other tracks are just too far.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #34
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sometimes I NLS but my muscle memory seems to just happen, so I am not sure. But shifts are coming fast and clean. Great M6!!

But you pushed me back #11 on the M6 fast list!!!! no worries for your place from me with a Rotofab and tires. My goal was 11s with no tune. It does seem possible. Great run BTW.

Oops I forgot to mention the Shift light is an ODB2 Holley.

I do like it but I wish it was black. In my previous SS I had this setup below. I may go back to a setup like that. I got the ODB2 version so I can easily remove it. But I hate it with the ODB2 plug sticking out and the long thick wire. We shall see if Atco closes this year. Other tracks are just too far.

Thanks for that feedback. I think that same "Holley OBD" shift light in black might address (or help) with the glare on the windshield. You might also experiment with mounting it in a different location that's less sensitive to glare like that.

Follow-up questions for you:
  1. Does the OBD connector / cord get in the way of your left leg / clutch operation or are you able to tie that in such a manner that it's not in the way?
  2. The old SS setup looks nice. How's the real time digital read-out? I'd be concerned that it might be a distraction and hard to read with it constantly changing, but maybe they have it filtered such that it's easy to read at a quick glance.
  3. Do you have your shift points set up to be a little lower in 1st gear (to allow some reaction time to start executing the shift before hitting redline) and higher for the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts?

Also, for what it's worth, I've found that my best runs are while using the NLS feature. However, depending on track prep & temp, the 1-2 shift doesn't benefit from having full power sooner if it causes wheel spin. So if track prep and temp conditions are ideal, I NLS every gear. If track prep isn't great OR temps too low, then I shift normally during the 1-2 shift, but NLS the others. The feature works really well once you train yourself to leave the accelerator pedal at 100% during the shift, which just feels wrong to me!

Old 08-29-2020, 12:13 AM   #35
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
What et's/mph were you getting on the 245's?

I ran mine for the first time on Wednesday. I was a consistent 13.4-13.7 @ 108 ish over 7 runs. DA was around 2800
The car sounded like Lassie telling everyone Timmy was in the well.... Barking in the 1/2 and 2/3 shift. Launch was a joke too.

I can also see the DR's curing that. The stock balonies really limit the car. No shocker there though.

I didn't play with air pressure/nannies, or anything else..

It was more of a night to get the feel for the car- RT, shifter/taching up, get the rust knocked off, etc. (It's been close to 17 years since I was on a track)
Old 08-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #36
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
What et's/mph were you getting on the 245's?

I ran mine for the first time on Wednesday. I was a consistent 13.4-13.7 @ 108 ish over 7 runs. DA was around 2800
The car sounded like Lassie telling everyone Timmy was in the well.... Barking in the 1/2 and 2/3 shift. Launch was a joke too.

I can also see the DR's curing that. The stock balonies really limit the car. No shocker there though.

I didn't play with air pressure/nannies, or anything else..

It was more of a night to get the feel for the car- RT, shifter/taching up, get the rust knocked off, etc. (It's been close to 17 years since I was on a track)
110-112 mph I only ran twice, once I spun like crazy on the launch and on the second run I got sideways on the 1-2. I gave up after that. Now my goal is to get into the 11s without a tune with all the seats in the car. I do not have skinnies though.

Though the Atco scale is not working, based on my '16 2SS weight @ 3,685 pounds with 1/4 tank, this one is close to 3,600. I lost 30 pounds to help the cause.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:37 PM   #37
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Not going to lie, your car's front fascia kinda reminds me of the 80s mustang ghia.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #38
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night....

And it was a good night. Again the plan to go early on a Friday was a good one. I got in 4 runs and left early as the overflow Street 3rd lane filled up behind me on my last run.

I am still making good progress. I had my best run so far 12.352@114.22 MPH. Also I had my first .000 light! I have had 4 or 5 .001s and -.001s but this was my first all zeros. Unfortunately my shift light stopped working and I messed and had my first 13 second ET with DRs. All 12.6 or better up till last night.

I met this guy with a bolton C6 LS3 M6 who was very nervous. His first outing racing. We helped coach him and he started getting into it. On street tires he could not get out of the 13s. I think he was short shifting big time. That was him in the right lane in my 12/3 run.

I also raced the new blue Sinister almost stock GT A10 again with MR. driving this time and again represented Camaros against a well driven Ford. I just barely edged him out. He was running me down and I guess I got nervous short shifting 4th. I did hang on for the fender to fender win. For some reason they gave us a pro-light and we both fell asleep for almost a second. zzzzz.

And on top of all that we had another beautiful Atco sunset. So peaceful with the go-carts running. :(

Old 09-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #39
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Not going to lie, your car's front fascia kinda reminds me of the 80s mustang ghia.
Yea, I am hoping it grows on me too.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #40
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
And it was a good night. Again the plan to go early on a Friday was a good one. I got in 4 runs and left early as the overflow Street 3rd lane filled up behind me on my last run.

I am still making good progress. I had my best run so far 12.352@114.22 MPH. Also I had my first .000 light! I have had 4 or 5 .001s and -.001s but this was my first all zeros. Unfortunately my shift light stopped working and I messed and had my first 13 second ET with DRs. All 12.6 or better up till last night.

I met this guy with a bolton C6 LS3 M6 who was very nervous. His first outing racing. We helped coach him and he started getting into it. On street tires he could not get out of the 13s. I think he was short shifting big time. That was him in the right lane in my 12/3 run.

I also raced the new blue Sinister almost stock GT A10 again with MR. driving this time and again represented Camaros against a well driven Ford. I just barely edged him out. He was running me down and I guess I got nervous short shifting 4th. I did hang on for the fender to fender win. For some reason they gave us a pro-light and we both fell asleep for almost a second. zzzzz.

And on top of all that we had another beautiful Atco sunset. So peaceful with the go-carts running. :(

Good passes! Were you able to figure out what went wrong with the shift light?

Old 09-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #41
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Good passes! Were you able to figure out what went wrong with the shift light?
Not yet, I will look at it tomorrow if Atco is open.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:21 AM   #42
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Oh wow. This car has definitely came a long since the last time I seen it brand new when we was at the BBQ place in Southfield with James. It looks awesome! I will definitely sub to this thread to find some goodies I will use.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote