Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #71
TCCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleface View Post
This is what I was told as well. I placed my order for a ZL1 1LE on 1/6/21 and the order has not been accepted yet. The ETA at that point was a May delivery but now it's "fluid".

FWIW, I'm a sales manager at a Subaru dealership and the chip/semiconductor shortage is affecting a ton of manufacturers, not just GM. We're due to see half the cars we normally expect in Q2 and we expect delays on rolling out MY22 cars with our Indiana factory closing for two weeks later this month and the Japan factory closing several assembly lines already.
Did they ever say anything about your order getting actually accepted or will you be forced to order a MY2022??
TCCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:52 PM   #72
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
hey,

I was just emailing my dealer about an LT1le order and this is what they told me...

She also said its a $500 fully refundable deposit. Is that standard?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  45.1 KB
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:29 PM   #73
TCCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
hey,

I was just emailing my dealer about an LT1le order and this is what they told me...

She also said its a $500 fully refundable deposit. Is that standard?

Attachment 1064904
Okay so I have a couple questions..

1.) When did you submit your model year 21 order and what status is it at right now?

2.) Even though it isn’t accepted and the model year 21 order cycles are done, your order will still be processed once the chips come back in and the plant gets up and running?
TCCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:10 AM   #74
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCamaro View Post
Okay so I have a couple questions..

1.) When did you submit your model year 21 order and what status is it at right now?

2.) Even though it isn’t accepted and the model year 21 order cycles are done, your order will still be processed once the chips come back in and the plant gets up and running?
Hey,

Very good questions- that's why i'm posting because I'm wondering myself...

No I did not submit any orders, they are telling me they can put it in once i drop off my $500 deposit and I would have to wait.

After help from a member here I understand the 21 production is over. I'm just posting what my dealer sent to see if this is normal procedure?

Will GM just kick it back to my dealer if and when they start accepting orders again?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #75
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
Hey,

Very good questions- that's why i'm posting because I'm wondering myself...

No I did not submit any orders, they are telling me they can put it in once i drop off my $500 deposit and I would have to wait.

After help from a member here I understand the 21 production is over. I'm just posting what my dealer sent to see if this is normal procedure?

Will GM just kick it back to my dealer if and when they start accepting orders again?
I've never put a deposit down on an order, however, with that being said it's actually very normal for a dealer to want you to put down 500-1000 dollars as a refundable deposit to make an order on something they wouldn't other get in for their stock.

Regarding her email, at this point, I'd be very skeptical that GM will accept the order. Right now production is looking to start back up somewhere between 4/19 -5/3 with lots of back orders to fill and ordering for 2022's have opened. You need to have the dealer verify whether they do or do not still have a 2021 allocation. As you likely already know there are no 2022 non-SS 1LE's anymore. I ordered my 21' SS 1LE 3 weeks ago and GM hasn't accepted it.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #76
Autosenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
I've never put a deposit down on an order, however, with that being said it's actually very normal for a dealer to want you to put down 500-1000 dollars as a refundable deposit to make an order on something they wouldn't other get in for their stock.

Regarding her email, at this point, I'd be very skeptical that GM will accept the order. Right now production is looking to start back up somewhere between 4/19 -5/3 with lots of back orders to fill and ordering for 2022's have opened. You need to have the dealer verify whether they do or do not still have a 2021 allocation. As you likely already know there are no 2022 non-SS 1LE's anymore. I ordered my 21' SS 1LE 3 weeks ago and GM hasn't accepted it.
yeah, i'm skeptical too. They seem to be under the impression that there might be a chance the order could go through. Yes, the deposit is refundable.

Will GM just kick the order back?
Old 04-15-2021, 06:01 PM   #77
Paulman

Drives: Slow Corolla
Similar situation here. I gave the deposit on 4-2 and then was told that GM won't even take the order. I can't get a straight answer on an allocation and whether or not the order would be taken eventually as a '21, but I get the impression from conversations that it would have to be a '22 model after 4-29.

I was hoping that giving deposit money "gets me in line" but I don't think it works that way with GM - could be wrong and hoping someone can shed light on this.
Paulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:09 AM   #78
fortheson33

Drives: Chevy Sonic
This is what my dealer told me when they tried to order mine on April 5th. Gm told them all 21 Camaro orders ended on the 3rd of April. All ongoing orders will have to be 22’s. My dealer can not officially order a 22 until they get their allocation on the 29th. I’m actually second in line at the dealer for a Camaro so I’m hoping they get 2 allocated. Then no 22’s will be built until June 14th.

Last edited by fortheson33; 04-16-2021 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Typo
fortheson33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:45 AM   #79
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
I'm relatively new to the ordering game as well, but here is what I've learned while preparing and placing my first order back on March 16 (just after the initial shutdown, which at that point was expected to just be two weeks). You can find and verify this information in the pinned order info thread.

1) You can place an order, pretty much at any time. You will receive an order number, but will be at status 1100 until GM officially accepts it. My dealer required a $500 refundable deposit. Other dealers I had spoken with required $1,000 non-refundable deposit...
2) 2021 order cycle ended on April 8 (not 100% positive that is actual day, but close). Most of those orders, unless already accepted by GM have no chance of being built. My order was still at 1100 and I opted to place a new order for a '22, hoping to get into the '22 "line" early in case that helps me. '22 models begin production June 14 as I understand it.
3) 2022 orders opened on April 8, with first allocations for the '22 model year later this month. Don't recall if it is on the 22nd or 29th, and may be subject to change due to ongoing semiconductor shortage.
4) 2021 orders do not automatically become '22 orders. You have to place a new order, with a new order number, etc. Basically starting all over, which sucks, but is what it is.
5) Putting a deposit down means your dealer should enter the order as SRE - Sold Retail, which as I understand it means you priority over stock orders.
6) However, the real key is that your dealer must have an allocation from GM to apply to your order. This is what triggers your movement from 1100 status to 2000 and really begins the process.

So, basically, if you haven't placed an order yet, it will need to be a '22. If you have an order in for a '21 and you don't already have a TPW - Tentative Production Week assignment, it is probably very unlikely that order will be built.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:10 AM   #80
HouseStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
I'm relatively new to the ordering game as well, but here is what I've learned while preparing and placing my first order back on March 16 (just after the initial shutdown, which at that point was expected to just be two weeks). You can find and verify this information in the pinned order info thread.

1) You can place an order, pretty much at any time. You will receive an order number, but will be at status 1100 until GM officially accepts it. My dealer required a $500 refundable deposit. Other dealers I had spoken with required $1,000 non-refundable deposit...
2) 2021 order cycle ended on April 8 (not 100% positive that is actual day, but close). Most of those orders, unless already accepted by GM have no chance of being built. My order was still at 1100 and I opted to place a new order for a '22, hoping to get into the '22 "line" early in case that helps me. '22 models begin production June 14 as I understand it.
3) 2022 orders opened on April 8, with first allocations for the '22 model year later this month. Don't recall if it is on the 22nd or 29th, and may be subject to change due to ongoing semiconductor shortage.
4) 2021 orders do not automatically become '22 orders. You have to place a new order, with a new order number, etc. Basically starting all over, which sucks, but is what it is.
5) Putting a deposit down means your dealer should enter the order as SRE - Sold Retail, which as I understand it means you priority over stock orders.
6) However, the real key is that your dealer must have an allocation from GM to apply to your order. This is what triggers your movement from 1100 status to 2000 and really begins the process.

So, basically, if you haven't placed an order yet, it will need to be a '22. If you have an order in for a '21 and you don't already have a TPW - Tentative Production Week assignment, it is probably very unlikely that order will be built.
Most of this I agree with. As I understand it a Stock Order has priority over a SRE. Also, it looks like Plants are opening 4/19 to resume production so here's to hoping Lansing Grand River is one of them.

Also, the whole deposit is just dealer BS. I've order 2 Challenger Scats back to back years 2017 and a 2018 as SRE orders and never once had to put money down as a deposit. It just all depends if you have a relationship with your dealer and how much they think you'll actually take delivery when it comes in.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:55 AM   #81
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post

This is pretty much spot on.

TPW is Target Production Week, not Tentative Production Week
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:06 AM   #82
GearheadSS

Quote:
Most of this I agree with. As I understand it a Stock Order has priority over a SRE. Also, it looks like Plants are opening 4/19 to resume production so here's to hoping Lansing Grand River is one of them.

Also, the whole deposit is just dealer BS. I've order 2 Challenger Scats back to back years 2017 and a 2018 as SRE orders and never once had to put money down as a deposit. It just all depends if you have a relationship with your dealer and how much they think you'll actually take delivery when it comes in.
As a dealer, I'm going to try and explain to you why we require a deposit. Some dealers don't, we do. Here's why.

When someone wants to submit a sold order, they are taking an allocation that I would otherwise use to order a stock unit. The reason I take a deposit is because most of the time, folks are ordering because they want something out of norm. Something that might not be desirable to the masses. That's usually why they can't find what they want anywhere.

Now, this is not necessarily the case right now as inventory is at an all time low and everyone is struggling to find inventory that would normally be easily available.

A deposit helps the dealer if they are stuck with a car that isn't desirable and hard to sell. As a buyer, anyone that is serious about buying the car should have no problem putting a deposit down as it goes toward the purchase price of the car. If I had someone complain or balk at putting a deposit down, well that's a huge red flag to me that they probably aren't that serious about buying the car and I will part ways with them with no hard feelings.

The only way I will order a vehicle without a deposit is if it's something that I would normally order for stock.

There are circumstances where I would refund a deposit. Such as a life event that would prevent them from completing the purchase. A death in the family or the loss of a job for example. Or if the vehicle came in damaged or if it was mis-built or mis-ordered. Something like that, I would refund the deposit.

Otherwise, once the order hits 3000 status, the deposit is non-refundable.

Not all dealers are the same but just because a dealer requires a deposit, it doesn't mean that it's just "dealer BS".
Old 04-16-2021, 02:03 PM   #83
HouseStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
As a dealer, I'm going to try and explain to you why we require a deposit. Some dealers don't, we do. Here's why.

When someone wants to submit a sold order, they are taking an allocation that I would otherwise use to order a stock unit. The reason I take a deposit is because most of the time, folks are ordering because they want something out of norm. Something that might not be desirable to the masses. That's usually why they can't find what they want anywhere.

Now, this is not necessarily the case right now as inventory is at an all time low and everyone is struggling to find inventory that would normally be easily available.

A deposit helps the dealer if they are stuck with a car that isn't desirable and hard to sell. As a buyer, anyone that is serious about buying the car should have no problem putting a deposit down as it goes toward the purchase price of the car. If I had someone complain or balk at putting a deposit down, well that's a huge red flag to me that they probably aren't that serious about buying the car and I will part ways with them with no hard feelings.

The only way I will order a vehicle without a deposit is if it's something that I would normally order for stock.

There are circumstances where I would refund a deposit. Such as a life event that would prevent them from completing the purchase. A death in the family or the loss of a job for example. Or if the vehicle came in damaged or if it was mis-built or mis-ordered. Something like that, I would refund the deposit.

Otherwise, once the order hits 3000 status, the deposit is non-refundable.

Not all dealers are the same but just because a dealer requires a deposit, it doesn't mean that it's just "dealer BS".
I've never put a deposit down and I've ordered twice in the past 3 years. The logic that 500 dollars proves someone's serious is ridiculous. You'd rather lose out on selling two 42k cars over a 500 dollar deposit on each?
Old 04-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #84
GearheadSS

Quote:
I've never put a deposit down and I've ordered twice in the past 3 years. The logic that 500 dollars proves someone's serious is ridiculous. You'd rather lose out on selling two 42k cars over a 500 dollar deposit on each?
Good for you. Some would say that that someone willing to raise such a stink over a $500 deposit on a $40k order is ridiculous.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about it because you totally glazed over most of what I posted. We'll just leave it at that.

Last edited by GearheadSS; 04-16-2021 at 03:02 PM.