Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #1
jericho_17

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Post Advice for DIY Transmission Fluid V6

Long story short I imported a salvage Camaro to my country without any dealer (delaer was asking $65K for a v6 Camaro).

Last year I had to take care of the transmission shudder problem by my self, imported 7qts of the blue labeled mobil 1 oil, filter and gasket. Did the procedure and it solved the shudder problem inmediately.

After a year the car was still working flawlessly but i decided to change the fluid again as a yearly maintenance. When I was about to do the procedure I found severeal different sources like the TSB but also some videos on youtube and there were 2 differentes temperatures ranges to check the fluid level: 95-113F and 131-149F.

As I wasn't sure which temperature i used the first time I did the fluid change with excelent results and due the temperature started to increase reapedily to 131F I decided to the level check in that range.

Big mistake, the car inmediatly started to feel strange and also I noticed the operating temperature was higher than normal (not overheating) but higher. Next day I came bak to the shop and did the level check at 95-113F, nothing came out from the level plug, i ended adding almost a full quart.

After that completely different animal, the car came back to normal as well as the operating temperature of the transmission.

So at least for the v6 engine and 8L45 transmission stick to the 95-113F to check the level of your fluid.
jericho_17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8l45, change, shudder, transmission, transmission fluid