Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Is It The Shudder or Some Kind of Stutter?

I have a 17 2SS with A8 transmission, external bolt-ons, tune, no TCM tune. I had the shudder fixed at about 8K miles, it got the full test and flush treatment, and has been fine since. Now, I have something weird going on at 31K miles. Between shifts sometimes it has some kind of weird stutter like it's having trouble smoothly upshifting. Does not happen at wide open throttle, and is more likely when the car has only been running for a few minutes. I did have a p0711 CEL last week that I cleared and it hasn't returned (trans fluid temperature sensor).

Is this the return of the shudder or some other stutter?
Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
You had the latest fluid and flush procedure done?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:01 PM   #3
Brudda*Termite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
You had the latest fluid and flush procedure done?

Yes indeed, been probably 21 months ago. The shudder I had before was the usual feeling it when you're cruising at steady speed but this is completely different. Has me wondering if my torque converter is starting to show latent damage from the original shudder...
Old 01-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
Yes indeed, been probably 21 months ago. The shudder I had before was the usual feeling it when you're cruising at steady speed but this is completely different. Has me wondering if my torque converter is starting to show latent damage from the original shudder...
Well I can tell you that my torque converter needed replacing and that's exactly what they did after the fluid and flush. 25k later and no issues. I'd definitely have it inspected, because if it's even slightly damaged it will eventually shudder again
Old 01-14-2021, 09:40 PM   #5
Brudda*Termite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Well I can tell you that my torque converter needed replacing and that's exactly what they did after the fluid and flush. 25k later and no issues. I'd definitely have it inspected, because if it's even slightly damaged it will eventually shudder again

I figure you're right. I hate taking it back in, but the drivetrain warranty is gone by April so I need to make a move. Thanks for the input!
Old 01-15-2021, 04:49 AM   #6
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
I figure you're right. I hate taking it back in, but the drivetrain warranty is gone by April so I need to make a move. Thanks for the input!
It should be covered under the drivetrain warranty, so yes I'd definitely take it in. Good luck, and let us know how it goes