Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-13-2020, 07:21 AM   #43
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
I don't know how fast you were going but I heard you
I'll shorten the story. Had a Ducati 916 with carbon cans that I stored in my living room for the winter. My not yet wife and I had a coming out party. Well we got it out of the house and before I even put the body work back on I fired it up and went for a quick spin. Pulled back in the driveway and was almost immediately followed in by a cop. Said the same thing. No ticket of course and I admitted he could probably hear me with the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
I had a friend have pretty much the same thing happen. I know the speed limit is there for a reason, but 1-2 mph slower or faster... come on. That's a bit ridiculous. I'd feel the same way if I were the judge.
I don't think the specs on your speedometer are even that good. There is an SAE specification that I believe allows 2.5% error (don't quote me, memory isn't that good). That and tire inflation can have an affect too.

Most of the times I've been pulled over have an interesting story. Probably got out of most.

First one ever though, freshman year of college my best friend and I went Florida over Christmas break. We were driving back from Miami to Lakeland and I'm following a guy with a radar detector (as big as a shoe box as I recall) on his sunvisor doing about 100 mph. He taps his brakes and points to the flashing light on the box, which I can see so we slow down and sure enough on the right is a Florida State Police car on the right. I'm grinning as we go by until I here the siren of ANOTHER Florida State Police car and look in my rear view mirror to see the flashers. Well the lead guy pulls over and I keep going thinking, "hey, maybe he just wants the first car". No. So I've never been pulled over before. The other guy is going nuts swearing up and down. Cop says, "I have no idea how fast y'all was goin' but it took me 5 miles to catch you". Got 65 in a 55 which I was thankful for.

Dumbest one was making a right turn on red........in front of a huge sign saying "no right turn on red".........with a cop right behind me. I think he had me pulled over mid turn, lol.

I did have an officer unsnap his sidearm as I went too fast to the glovebox in my mom's Chevy Citation once. Yikes.

Also got pulled over twice in one day in a Corvette. Avoided a ticket in both cases, but got "please drive safely in Kentucky" souvenir ticket as he didn't have me on radar, just thought I was going too fast entering a construction zone. He was correct.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:21 AM   #44
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
I have plenty of speeding stories, but the dumbest ticket story is this.

Probably 25 years ago driving me wife’s 4 door sedan both my kids are in the back seat wife’s in passenger. It was early winter not real cold but dark early, we had made a point to go to Walmart that night I had discovered the passenger side headlight was out.

One headlights are peeve of mine I hate seeing other cars and I hate driving my own that way.
So we get like one grocery bag of items along with the headlight,so long ago it was a paper bag.
We Only lived about 8 miles outside the city and I had a detached three stall garage.

In the parking lot outside of the Walmart my wife said, you want to change it out here?

I scoffed I had a nice garage with lights, why in the world would I want to change it out here?

So we are on the way home, we pass though a little village only two miles before we would be at the house.

A NYS trooper spins around just as I drive past the VFW, lights on flashing, soon I have a flashlight in my face.
NYS: know what I pulled you over for? No sir I don’t. NYS: you have a headlight out.

I said no problem officer, I reached into the bag at my wife’s feet and showed him my brand new in the package GE lightbulb replacement and said, I had just bought it!

The dink still wrote me a ticket! Even though it was a fix it ticket, just had to go to NYS Barracks and show any trooper it was fixed and they would take the ticket back.

Everyone is a little pissed when you get any ticket, but my wife was like so you didn’t want to change the lightbulb in Walmart huh?
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #45
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
Everyone is a little pissed when you get any ticket, but my wife was like so you didn’t want to change the lightbulb in Walmart huh?
That's hilarious. It belongs in a comedy script!
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #46
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
Back in 2017 I drove my Camaro SS through Vermon. Saw a cop closing in from the back fast from far away while I was doing over 100+ MPH. Then I let go of the gas paddle shift to a lower gear to slow down ( without braking light come up to make it too obvious). I got pulled over anyway said I was driving fast and he asked me how fast I was driving. I was an idiot said 84 ( Got nervous, I just spat out a random number I saw while I was slowing down) Long story short, I got a ticket for doing 84 on a 65 highway. Paid 100 something, no points taken.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #47
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR View Post
Back in 2017 I drove my Camaro SS through Vermon. Saw a cop closing in from the back fast from far away while I was doing over 100+ MPH. Then I let go of the gas paddle shift to a lower gear to slow down ( without braking light come up to make it too obvious). I got pulled over anyway said I was driving fast and he asked me how fast I was driving. I was an idiot said 84 ( Got nervous, I just spat out a random number I saw while I was slowing down) Long story short, I got a ticket for doing 84 on a 65 highway. Paid 100 something, no points taken.
"How fast were you goi..." "84!"
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #48
Acky

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Funniest reason for being pulled over

Summer, 1968 In the early evening, I was riding my Harley XLCH Sportster back from Rockaway Beach in Queens, NY.

Motorcycle cop on FLH Harley pulls me over on Cross Bay Blvd. which, at that time, was a great , albiet illegal, dragstrip for all the gearheads.

I was speeding so I figured it was ticket time. Turned out the cop wanted to check out the bike, which I had mildly chopperized. Then he asked if he could take it for a spin while I babysat his machine.

No problem, says I and off he goes. Fifteen minutes later he returns, loves my ride, we shake hands and my points don't suffer.

Wish I still had that bike today.
Acky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:45 PM   #49
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
I was on an up ramp that became the exit lane
at least 3/4 miles farther down was a three lane highway.
I hadn't gotten to move in to the slow lane when he pulled me over.
Told me i was going to fast up the ramp. I guess i was supposed to enter
65 mph traffic at 45.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #50
Tazcatxena1!

Drives: camaro 50generation
ticket

In 1970 my wife and I were in a little town in Virginia just outside of DC.I had a brand new 1970 roadrunner .I pulled along side of a town cop at a light,the light turned green and I punched it a little.A second later his lights came on.I pulled over and he came up to the car.I asked him what was the matter,he said you were speeding.I said wasn't I pulled a little ahead of you.He then said your exhaust is to loud.I told him it was a new car with stock exhaust.He said get in and give it the gas as he got down on his knee right in the middle of the pipes. Well I stomped it and he jumped up and got in his car.He never said anything and roiled up his window.I stood there a while then went over to his car and asked if he was going to give me a ticket.he told me to get lost.He got behind my wife every time he saw her in town till my dad talked to the chief of police.

Tazcatxena1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #51
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I guess it was maybe 1980-1981. Speeding at night in my GTO, I saw lights and turned jackrabbit. Made a turn, whipped into a driveway with my lights out and ducked down. A minute or so later there’s tapping on my window. I roll it down and the officer says, “you have your foot on the brake.”
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #52
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
My HD story, in ‘97 I had just bought 1990 Sportster, this was the last of the 4 speed, chain drives running open Drag pipes.
I used to work second shift and got out at 1030 PM just about the half way mark to home, there is a huge rock cut in the bend on the way.

Well I was coming up to it slow as I and had seen a Sheriff already had a car pulled over With the berries and cherries flashing.

So I go way to the left and thought I had putted by pretty slow. Once clear I settle in, it’s a quick five miles to city limits.

Just as I get to the five corners to turn right, there is city cop at the far intersection, he watches me pass in front of him and as soon as I do, he lights me up and uses the PA to tell to pull over, this is right in front of the City Mayors bar.
I don’t have a clue why, so he tells me the Sheriff, I had seen earlier radioed ahead to pull me over since I was super loud echoing off the rock cut he had that car pulled over in. I basically must be outlaw or probably gonna speed or do something wrong and to pull me over.
I assured the cop I wasn’t, but he was like just give Me your license and registration.
Remember I just bought this bike had it about 5 days at this point and I had bought from a individual for cash.
Cops comes back, you realize this is registered as a 1990 Honda? Ain’t you riding a Harley?
On. an NYS registration Harley’s are recorded with make of HA/DA that’s it, not spelled out. I was at first WTF did I get ripped off? And then realized he wanted to throw the book at me.
Wait a minute could I see it? He shows me and as nice as could explained that he just couldn’t quite read it correctly and it wasnt Honda at all but it was HA/DA which meant Harley-Davidson.
Luckily he was probably happy I pointed it out before he started writing all the tickets that he thought were coming my way!
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #53
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I guess it was maybe 1980-1981. Speeding at night in my GTO, I saw lights and turned jackrabbit. Made a turn, whipped into a driveway with my lights out and ducked down. A minute or so later there’s tapping on my window. I roll it down and the officer says, “you have your foot on the brake.”
Thanks Wyzz Kydd, this ceremonial #400 post of yours nearly made me spew out my drink

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:49 PM   #54
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I got pulled over for speeding in my Volt, twice actually. TBH, that was something really easy to do in that car because of how quiet and smooth it was.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #55
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Coming back to TN from east TX at 5:00 a.m. and going through Louisiana. Dark, highway completely empty, cruise set at 5 over in the left lane. Pulled over. "You're supposed to surrender the left lane when not passing." Uh... oookay...
Sorry but I gotta side with the cop on this one & wish every last car not passing in the left lane would get a ticket. I understand the roads may have been clear but it’s a bad habit & what’s the point of being over there if there’s no traffic to pass anyway?
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #56
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Thanks Wyzz Kydd, this ceremonial #400 post of yours nearly made me spew out my drink
Exact thing got a friend caught in Lexington
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote