Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Install Engine & Trans Together (M6)

When taking the engine out, I separated it from the trans in the car and removed the engine from the top. And eventually took the trans out from the bottom.

It sure looks like it would be easier to put both in from the top while together - car is up on cribs that are about 20" off the ground, so there is a lot of room for the tail side of the trans to be pointing down

Curious if anyone has done both together from the top before
Old 02-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
I took mine out the same way and pretty sure I installed the same way it came out. Seemed like you couldnt move the engine forward cuz the oil pan would hit on a cross member and you couldn't go back cuz the trans would hit the tunnel.

Though now I know you can loosen the cradle a little to get the trans to separate. 1 turn on front cradle bolts, 5 on the middle ones, completely remove the rear. Just did this to pull my trans to send to tick

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote