Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #15
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Well. They all look the same.
Big filters. Big box....Big Tubes...

And almost $200 less...........

How do you test it. If I bought one I am NOT going to spend hundreds on dyno pulls and tuning just to make a web crowd happy....even though I love you all like brothers. ")
Pay $400-$500 to trick the ECM - and thats assuming that the pressure drop is reduced. But a cone filter sure may look more pretty.

***DISCLAIMER- I MEANT NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE. DON'T BAN ME AGAIN FOR QUESTIONING AN ADVERTISER***
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #16
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I can with certainty state that the K&N needs MAF correction. I tuned a car today with the unit and the error was pretty significant (was lean by 7-8%).

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #17
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STILLEN View Post
K&N Engineering, Inc. News
K&N Air Intake System Squeezes Some of the Last HP from the 2016 Camaro SS 6.2L

The increase in horsepower can be credited largely to the oversized conical air filter
The Generation V 6.2L small block V8 is the latest chapter in the long, historic legacy of the small-block Chevy engine that stretches back to the mid-1950s. The latest design provides the 2016 Camaro SS not only with immense performance but unheard of efficiency from such a powerful engine.
The 455 horsepower LT1 is similar in architecture to the LS family of small-block engines which it superseded, but with a unique aluminum block casting and aluminum cylinder heads, oiling system, and an aggressive 11.5:1 compression ratio. It also incorporates advanced technologies such as direct fuel Injection and continuously variable valve timing. And unlike many other auto manufacturers, GM believes there is plenty of development left in the traditional two valve push rod V8 and proves it with each new engine.
To draw an adequate volume of air an entirely new intake manifold design was developed, which provides a straighter path into the combustion chamber. With as much time and development effort that GM engineers put into the LT1, one would assume that the intake system would leave no opportunity for improvement. But it does. There’s an additional way to improve the performance of your 2016 Camaro SS: the K&N 69-4534TP air intake system, which has been chassis dyno-tested proven to deliver an estimated 15.16 rear-wheel horsepower gain over an otherwise stock 2016 Camaro SS.
The K&N 69-4534TP air intake system replaces the restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing on the 2016 Camaro SS. K&N AirChargers significantly improve incoming air flow as well as reduce turbulence in the intake tube.

Installation of the K&N 69-4534TP is a snap and can be completed in less than a Saturday morning
The air intake first enters a chrome capped K&N high-flow air filter sited within a heat shield that’s installed into the original air box space. A bulk of the horsepower increase can be credited to the over sized conical air filter manufactured from multiple layers of oiled cotton filter media - which offers less resistance than traditional filters. The multi-layered red cotton material also filters out micro-particles that could damage your engine, to help ensure a long engine life. Each design is verified through K&N’s in-house filtration testing lab, which adheres to ISO 5011 standards, ensuring that your K&N filter provides high airflow without putting engine protection at risk.
Air is then directed through an aerodynamically-verified polished aluminum intake tube into the engine’s throttle body for an estimated 15 horsepower gain. The intake tube includes fittings for the factory mass air sensor and crank case vent hose. Best of all, the K&N 69-4534TP air intake system can be installed in 90 minutes or less with simple hand tools
In addition to more power, this air intake system improves engine sound with more aggressive and deeper acoustics during acceleration.
And once you’ve installed your K&N cold air intake system you’ve eliminated the need to buy another air filter for the life of your covered 2016 Camaro SS. The only maintenance is a service you can do yourself in no time at all. At intervals of 100,000 miles (depending upon your driving conditions) use the K&N 99-5000 recharger kit to clean and refresh your air filter, preparing it for another 100,000 miles of driving. The K&N air filter you purchase is designed to last for the lifetime of your vehicle, which K&N guarantees will perform for up to 10 years or 1,000,000 miles without requiring replacement.
The K&N 69-4534TP cold air intake is designed for the following vehicles:
2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 6.2L V8 Fuel Injection - All Models
2016 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 6.2L V8 Fuel Injection - All Models

Please email me with any questions or to place your order. lbowen@stillen.com

?utm_source=camaro5&utm_medium=referral&utm_campai gn=lauren

#
This is a heck of a press release - but let's see some 3rd party dyno numbers.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #18
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
I can with certainty state that the K&N needs MAF correction. I tuned a car today with the unit and the error was pretty significant (was lean by 7-8%).

Tim
So there goes any savings. Have to cough up for a tune after installing one of these.
Not that I have any Problems installing the RotoFab....Just liked the thought of having a couple extra hundred in my pocket

Can you tell us the end result? After it was done....Did it perform o.k?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #19
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post

Tim
So, can that be tuned properly and realize more gains? Not sure what's up with 3rd gear pulls, but that is significant gains across the board in hp and tq.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #20
Redlinez
Shifts under load

And what about this one, the K&N 71-3092. Claims 20.68 HP.
K&N 71-3092 Details

GM

Guaranteed to increase horsepower.
Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound.
Washable and reusable air filter.
Made from all black components.
Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions).
Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less.
Washable and reusable lifetime air filter.
Specifications:

Replacement FilterRU-3102HBKHorse Power Increase21 HPClamp MaterialCarbon SteelClamps Included4Couplers Included0Filter MaterialNon-woven SyntheticFilter ColorBlackClamp StyleRegularIntake Pipe MaterialAluminumAir Filter Outlet ShapeRoundIntake Pipe Color / FinishBlackRPM4805Estimated Horse Power Gain20.68 HP @ 4805 RPMManufacturer's Part Number:71-3092
Old 04-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #21
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
ULTRAZLS1 has the K&N and I have calibrated for it. I don't have before/after dyno results but I did get a message late last night saying he was very impressed with the car at the track. That'a all I got

Any CAI advertising that is showing large gains in the lower to mid-range of the RPM band is misleading the audience. The stock intake just isn't going to suffer from significant pressure drops at those flow rates. In other words it is more than adequate at 3000 RPMs. The curve deltas are coming from calibration influences due to the now incorrect MAF transfer function.

I wish I had back to back "calibrated" data to qualify a given CAI. The only unit I have solid data on is the Rotofab and there is no doubt that once you get to the far end of the bolt-on spectrum it brings tangible benefits.

Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #22
Redlinez
Shifts under load

The PMAS CAI I had on my 15 GT was supposed to have the "cleanest" maf signal of all the CAI's.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #23
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
I'll buy this is there's a side by side comparison vs Rotofabs
1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro intake, intake, k&n, k&n 2016 camaro intake, stillen