Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Ground Effects Package (5VM): What is it?

Found a used 2017, went to go build it on chevy's site just to see roughly what it was new because it has a lot of added options which make it pretty clear it was a custom order (yet is for sale already with only 1,500 miles). One thing I was pretty confused about was the "Ground Effects Package (5VM)". I thought it was something only on the hot wheel edition, and then when I came across the option on the chevy build site I got even more confused. On the build site, under Accessories there is an option for "Ground Effects (Front Splitter Protector)", although the description makes it sounds like its some sort of protection for the front splitter? I thought it was some sort of light thing that maybe came out of the doors and projected onto the ground at night like the mustangs. Am I just delusional? I mean I had no clue what it meant before just thought with a name like "ground effects" it, ya know, made effects on the ground.

The car does seem to have an "extended" front splitter? Or just a body color matched splitter. I thought this was the front fascia extension option however.

Here's the front end of the car:
https://imgur.com/a/GHIDEzP
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
It's the 1LE front splitter painted body color instead of black.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote