Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Is it possible to make a cammed LS3 have exhaust pops like LT1’s do w/o hurting it?

I was kind of wondering if it is possible to make my Cammed LS3 swapped 4th Gen snap and pop when I let my foot off the gas or when shifting fast like my 6th Gen SS does. It has TD’s and High Flow Magnaflow cats. If it is possible, is it possible to do so without having adverse effects? In fact I should ask, do the 6th Gens face adverse affects from this feature?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Go with off road pipes. That's usually all it takes, that and holding a gear while you decel. Or you can do a crackle tune if you really want to get crazy.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I was kind of wondering if it is possible to make my Cammed LS3 swapped 4th Gen snap and pop when I let my foot off the gas or when shifting fast like my 6th Gen SS does. It has TD’s and High Flow Magnaflow cats. If it is possible, is it possible to do so without having adverse effects? In fact I should ask, do the 6th Gens face adverse affects from this feature?
The pops on shift with your 6th gen is from the throttle closing and cutting timing. You can not make your 4th gen do that...I wouldn't even want it too. All that means is you are leaving performance on the table. My car is 2-3 tenths quicker with throttle open shifts compared to closed.

Now for decel, yes you can make it pop with a burble tune but the caveat is that it reduces fuel mileage.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I can’t understand why people go for this “burble tune” ricer nonsense. Car sounds broken.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #5
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The pops on shift with your 6th gen is from the throttle closing and cutting timing. You can not make your 4th gen do that...I wouldn't even want it too. All that means is you are leaving performance on the table. My car is 2-3 tenths quicker with throttle open shifts compared to closed.

Now for decel, yes you can make it pop with a burble tune but the caveat is that it reduces fuel mileage.
I see, how much fuel mileage would it lose do you think? Would it be negligible over all or would it become thirsty? It's not that great on fuel as is, my 6th Gen is a better performer when it comes to fuel mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
I can’t understand why people go for this “burble tune” ricer nonsense. Car sounds broken.
TBH I haven't heard it on anything other that my stock NPP exhaust so not sure how it would sound on my cammed 4th Gen with full true duals but I personally love it.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote