Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #43
kain279

Drives: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
That I understand, but if we're dealing with a GM performance tune, how would you approach that? Then again I wonder what the cost of that would be and how it would be worth it over the V6.
If it is offered by GM I am sure it will be 100% covered.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #44
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
That was in response to the "slap FI on the V6 then see what's up" comment.

Pistons, intercooler, blower, new cams, etc don't exactly scream "service me".
You probably won't need cams to go FI. I made ~650 RWHP/725 RWTQ on the LFX without changing the cams. That said, you need to do the pistons, rods and probably both fuel pumps if you go big. If you are happy with 450-500 RWHP then you probably don't need to change any of that. It still won't be cheap (probably $6K+ to do it right), so the T4 for ~1.5K less than the V6 doesn't look that bad too me if you can live with around 300-350 RWHP. You are probably turbo swap, meth/water injection and tune away from that at ~$2-3K. I haven't a clue how long it would last at that level though.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #45
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
A lot people buy certain cars and like to brag and all they do is drive it to work and go home lol. Im sure a lot of potential gen6 v8 owners won't even see a race track or drag strip to enjoy it the way it should...
I'm buying mine specifically for the latter, not the former.

GMs forced induction engines historically have been overbuilt. The turbo engines that came in the SkyStice's and Cobalts were way overbuilt, even GM had performance tuning that could crank them up, quite safely... but something happened when they put the 2.0T into the ATS. Many with the 2.0T in the ATS have been having some serious oiling issues, modified or not. LOTS of problems with that engine, which I believe is essentially the same one going into the Camaro... and gives me the heebie-jeebies of reliability in this 'sports car'. It's going to see a lot more, *ahem* 'work' with enthusiasts in the Camaro than those that own ATS'. If you were set on the 2.0T, I'd approach it with a wait and see attitude.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #46
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecamaro53 View Post
Honestly, how often are you going to use 450 horsepower if this is your daily driver? Yeah, it's fun, but unless you have to get on the Interstate every day and need to race tractor-trailers for gaps in traffic, or have the means and availability to do track days once a month, for which this wouldn't likely be your DD, you're just getting bragging rights on the local bench-racing forum.
I'm confused by this paragraph. You ask a question and then set conditions that sound like EVERYONE that owns a pony car. Who doesn't live near highways, use them as part of their commute to avoid lights? And what pony car owner doesn't take their car out for a good foot stomping? That is the point of owning such a vehicle.

Better question, why would someone want a performance car that is all show and no go? These aren't imports.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #47
Roddy1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I'll be shopping between the 2.0T and the 3.6 also.

If anyone is interested I think we have seen a 13.8 second 1/4 mile posted for the 2016 3.6 Camaro, while over on the ATS forums a few members have run 14.1's with their stock 2.0T ATS's and 13.5's with just a tune. So the 2.0T picks up a lot on tune only.

Also another ATS member has dyno sheets for his 2.0T with Tune and Downpipe only making 308rwhp SAE.

Just some food for thought.
Roddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote