Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Curious...

I am seeing quite a few folks with no interest in buying a new 16 camaro on this forum. Several look for things to complain about. Why? I understand it is the nature of the net. But it makes zero sense to me. Personally I have way too much going on in life to go to a forum where the subject does not directly relate to me. Also, I would hope people have more to them than to have their entire self worth to be tied up only to their car's coolness.

Just a couple thoughts from an old guy.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
Same on other forums where there are Camaro threads. People coming out of the woodwork to nitpick things -- surprise many of them have new Mustangs or 5th gen Camaros.

I don't go around other car forums bashing certain models... not sure why others do.
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
I am seeing quite a few folks with no interest in buying a new 16 camaro on this forum. Several look for things to complain about. Why? I understand it is the nature of the net. But it makes zero sense to me. Personally I have way too much going on in life to go to a forum where the subject does not directly relate to me. Also, I would hope people have more to them than to have their entire self worth to be tied up only to their car's coolness.

I couldn't agree with you more...I would not be on here 24/7 if I did not order or was not truly interested in the 6th gen to order one in the very near future.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
A lot of the people on camaro6 are from camaro5, the accounts are the same. I would assume some people with the 5th gen camaro's are jealous that the 6th gen is a lot faster? The new 6th gen is almost as fast as my ZL1 (stock vs stock). I'm on here because I love camaro's and seeing the progress of the 6th gen has amazed me. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds for the SS... thats just simply amazing and astounding.

The 6th gen is really flawless, faster lighter and looks better IMO. To me it looks very similar to the 14-15 style which is good. I'm happy Chevy keep that Camaro look and upgraded it, instead of doing what ford did with the mustang and changing the look drastically.

The thing I don't get is why come to a forum and be negative towards the new camaro? If you don't like it thats fine, just don't comment about it.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
A lot of the people on camaro6 are from camaro5, the accounts are the same. I would assume some people with the 5th gen camaro's are jealous that the 6th gen is a lot faster? The new 6th gen is almost as fast as my ZL1 (stock vs stock). I'm on here because I love camaro's and seeing the progress of the 6th gen has amazed me. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds for the SS... thats just simply amazing and astounding.

The 6th gen is really flawless, faster lighter and looks better IMO. To me it looks very similar to the 14-15 style which is good. I'm happy Chevy keep that Camaro look and upgraded it, instead of doing what ford did with the mustang and changing the look drastically.

The thing I don't get is why come to a forum and be negative towards the new camaro? If you don't like it thats fine, just don't comment about it.
I totally agree! But I also say that the new Mustang looks awesome too! I just see it has more of a touring car, than an in your face muscle car that is bordering on a sports car.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
I totally agree! But I also say that the new Mustang looks awesome too! I just see it has more of a touring car, than an in your face muscle car that is bordering on a sports car.
Oh yea I didn't mean that in a negative way, I love the new mustang look as well. My friend has at 15' Gt with the roushe stage 2 package and it looks bad ass.

Also I love the changes Dodge did with the challenger, the new interior looks flawless and the small body changes. My dad has a 15' hellcat and I will admit his interior is nicer than my ZL1.

American Muscle is getting better and better, with all the progress and advances its amazing. I'm hoping a new muscle car comes out soon, I've heard rumors of the barracuda !

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Oh yea I didn't mean that in a negative way, I love the new mustang look as well. My friend has at 15' Gt with the roushe stage 2 package and it looks bad ass.

Also I love the changes Dodge did with the challenger, the new interior looks flawless and the small body changes. My dad has a 15' hellcat and I will admit his interior is nicer than my ZL1.

American Muscle is getting better and better, with all the progress and advances its amazing. I'm hoping a new muscle car comes out soon, I've heard rumors of the barracuda !
I have some dealer friends who say they got to see it........they have been known to blow smoke haha. But they said its very nice looking and much smaller.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
A millions reasons why... Some people are bored at work, bored at home, defending their purchase of another car, verbally and publicly justifying why they can't afford and can't get the newer model etc...

A lot of people read forums, everyone's opinion counts. Good or bad they all have a right to be here and post.

Some people come here to just stir things up and that is what they thrive on. Some are hard core Mustang fans and vise versa. Camaro peeps do it on the stang forums as well. Honestly it is sad, but it happens.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
OP, your confusion on why some folks are so hell bent on going to any forum dedicated to a product just to bash it is shared with me. I just don't have the time to waste. I have yet to post a single post on any hellcat forum complaining about the weight. I have yet to post a single post on the Mustang forum complaining about its tail lights.

I'm not saying that those folks who wanted the Camaro to be one thing and it didn't happen shouldn't be heard or anything like that - legitimate complaints are fine - i just don't get the trolling, but it is common on the interwebs.

I guess i'd rather be on this site talking about the Camaro cuz I like it.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #10
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
I'm here because I love Camaros, and there is always good information on this forum...plain and simple lol.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #11
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post

That would be the Internet. Same damn thing happened on the vette forums when c7 came out. Nothing is different here. No one is forcing people to like or order this car, maybe they are. Then it would make sense right? Pure stupidity. There is construction criticism and there is pure hateful bashing but on the internet... there is absolute no line between on the forums.

Been on many many forums for all kinds of cars, same result everywhere. The only thing that keeps me getting on these forums is that not everyone is terrible, majority will be but there are currently and will be many many good, informative information posted on here. I don't know a SINGLE camaro owner in real life but here, many of us either have, had or got their VINs and waiting for shipment and all... So we can discuss and get some good info out of here.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote