Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #1
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
ZL1 rims owners

My new spare tire kit will be coming on Tuesday so I'm excited to finally have a spare in the trunk. However, I've been thinking about this and I guess I should have asked first.

Of you ZL1 rim owners, have you ever tried to put either the front or rear tires in the truck? I know for us vert people, that space is very limited. I didn't get the "bag" because I wouldn't think our wheels would fit inside.

If the rims/tires don't fit, what are you doing to care that flat with you?

joe...
Old 08-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Pretty sure they are too wide and won't fit.

I've also never understood the need to carry a spare tire in the era of TPMS and Cell phones and OnStar.
Chances are you won't even be able to get a jack under the car anyway.

Why take up the valuable space that's there with something that will probably never be used.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Pretty sure they are too wide and won't fit.

I've also never understood the need to carry a spare tire in the era of TPMS and Cell phones and OnStar.
Chances are you won't even be able to get a jack under the car anyway.

Why take up the valuable space that's there with something that will probably never be used.
I agree 100%....the tire foam works great!
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
I've gone back and forth on this myself.. the fix-a-flat... some places I talked to said they would not repair a tire with that goop in it so there's that. My other thing is that I didn't want to wait for someone to come tow my car for a flat. I'd rather take the 20min to put a new tire on and be on my way. So I guess it's a "control" issue for me in that with a spare, I'm in control of the situation...

I guess I'll need to carry some extra towels so I could put the flat in my backseat :-(

joe...
Old 08-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
I bought a replica and put one of my better old tires on it when I got new ones, I bought a nice tire cover like for jeeps to put the spare in and when I go on longer trips I stick in in the back seat out of the way
Old 08-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #6
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
[QUOTE=GodWentPunk;10846397]I've gone back and forth on this myself.. the fix-a-flat... some places I talked to said they would not repair a tire with that goop in it so there's that. My other thing is that I didn't want to wait for someone to come tow my car for a flat. I'd rather take the 20min to put a new tire on and be on my way. So I guess it's a "control" issue for me in that with a spare, I'm in control of the situation...

I guess I'll need to carry some extra towels so I could put the flat in my backseat :-(

You can drive with the fix a flat, had a tire patch come out on my Yukon Hybrid (dealer patched to close to the sidewall) drove all day Sunday and Monday until a new tire was installed. Air pressure warning never went off it was fine.
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote