Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
educate me on Torque to yield bolts please

Guys,

I need to know more about TTY bolts that came with my recent new GM 6 pot Brembo rotor and caliper upgrade for my 2SS.
The caliper bolts are thread loctited and supposed to be TTY torqued to 111 ft/lb plus 15-30 degrees of more turn according to the instructions.
The install went ok but I think I over torqued to somewhere like 160 ft/lb due to problems getting angles of dangle working off a garage floor with the car in the air.
Now I have seen that torque spec used on C7 corvette applications that use the same bolt (11611085) but my question is have I over stressed anything else and/or could something break or strip out on the caliper for instance.
Also would the bolt just stretch a little bit more to absorb that torque and alls cooool?

These things really confuse the hell out of me and that install was a PITA cos of those bolts!
Please help me guys and put my mind at rest..im all ears.

cheers
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Someone may correct me, but I'm pretty sure the caliper bolts are not torque to yield. I don't see how that could work with that short of a bolt with basically no shank. The torque plus angle technique, while used primarily on tty bolts is used with conventional bolts as well.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
The 5th Gen caliper bolts are TTY, one time use only and should be replaced as per GM instructions. The 6th Gen bolts can be reused after cleaning and applying new threadlocker. 6th Gen specs: First pass, 111 ft/lbs. Second pass, 15 to 30 degrees.