Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as a moderator, I know how admin wants this website organized better than you do. I also wrote the guide on Camaro5 for what belongs in each sub-forum myself (something which I should also do for Camaro6). Please do not tell me what individual sub-forums are supposed to be used for.

If a topic is about wheels and/or tires it belongs in the Wheels & Tires sub-forum. When people a month or a year, or two years, or 5 years from now wonder about the exact same thing you did I would expect them to try and find the answer here over any other place on the site.
unfortunately, i am allowed to not agree, and I don't really care how the "admins" want this site organized if they cannot recognize the potential of scope creep when dealing with a special occasion. This is my thread and I wanted to state why it was placed in GENERAL; if you were offended by my post, i sincerely apologize, as I obviously did not mean to get on the wrong side of the commanding authority of camaro6.

Myself and many others want this resolved as quickly as possible. The general forum, at this point in time, will resolve this issue quicker then the wheel and tire forum. If you want to position yourself in a way that will slow the progress of a resolution, that's your call.

If archiving is the priority, as you mentioned, then you could move it after a resolution has been posted.

again, this is an issue with cars being delivered with summer only tires in the dead of winter, which impacts a large number of users of this forum.

thank you for your service. please remember, it is the users that make this site what it is. i hope you can handle a suggestion and a little constructive criticism
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #30
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
unfortunately, i am allowed to not agree, and I don't really care how the "admins" want this site organized if they cannot recognize the potential of scope creep when dealing with a special occasion. This is my thread and I wanted to state why it was placed in GENERAL; if you were offended by my post, i sincerely apologize, as I obviously did not mean to get on the wrong side of the commanding authority of camaro6.

Myself and many others want this resolved as quickly as possible. The general forum, at this point in time, will resolve this issue quicker then the wheel and tire forum. If you want to position yourself in a way that will slow the progress of a resolution, that's your call.

If archiving is the priority, as you mentioned, then you could move it after a resolution has been posted.

again, this is an issue with cars being delivered with summer only tires in the dead of winter, which impacts a large number of users of this forum.

thank you for your service. please remember, it is the users that make this site what it is. i hope you can handle a suggestion and a little constructive criticism
To be frank... I get the moderators idea for why this fits in the subforum.. when I wanted to see something about wheels and tires..its easier to find it here because in the general forum..however important you think this topic is .. will get lost in the clutter of general forum and trust me, as an active member its not easy to find the topic there ... There are new threads created in general left and right and I think the moderator actually did a good job by moving it to wheels and tires sub forum so that people with knowledge will be able to reply you back.. categorizing always helps ...

Also I do agree that maybe in general forum you would have *maybe* got the responses faster.. but trust me right now 90% of people on this forum are more excited about getting the car and listening to first reviews, checking new pics, debating about the car of the year etc... So relax.. and just like how others have replied to this thread.. people will pass on the information if they have something to say...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #31
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Couple choices you got... Like myself you are on the same boat.

1: Buy an extra set of OEM wheels (56V is 2k for an extra set, no idea about the other ones) and toss winter tires on those

2: Just buy winter tires and toss em on the wheels the car comes with. Save the summer tires that already are on the car till it is time to switch over

3: If you did option #3, grab aftermarket wheels OR OEM wheels and toss the summers you have taken off and toss it on them.

TMPS runs 58 bucks EACH also.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:32 AM   #32
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:

Posting on the Internet will resolve an issue?
We know what the tire size is, we are free to buy snow tires whenever we want. Available from a number of manufacturers.
The issue I see is no desire to spend top dollar for the Tires or not wanting to use the stock 20" rims.

GM cannot solve those issues Your personal choice.
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 AM   #33
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
<snip>
It might be your post, but it's their website. Their house, their rules. You aren't special, you aren't entitled to special treatment. He told you the rules, follow them.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #34
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
This is a growing concern of mine. We are now in the hot season for winter wheels and tires. These cars are being delivered with summer onlys in the middle of winter. For those that this will be their daily in the north, what are you expecting to do when you receive this car in freezing temps and no idea what wheels and tires fit?
Nicul15, where in this post did you say this is a GM problem, or a problem GM should fix? It's not. You're acting like a spoiled kid that didn't get their way and are trying to backtrack because of it because it was.. moved. WHHHAAAAA

You asked what people are doing for snow tires/wheels because there's just not enough info out there yet. That's it.

If that's not what you meant...

"Maybe you need to work on those communication skills."

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:39 AM   #35
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
not really. i just gave an explanation why i put it in general. no entitlement, no crying.
"this was put in the general forums because this is not your what wheels and tires look fancy, this is a major issue for everyone up north driving their car when they get them."
that was the whole thing.

the moderator had to be baby and respond to that, in the way it did.
"I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as a moderator, I know how admin wants this website organized better than you do. I also wrote the guide on Camaro5 for what belongs in each sub-forum myself (something which I should also do for Camaro6). Please do not tell me what individual sub-forums are supposed to be used for."

thats a j/o response.

if you think switching snow tires back and forth on the stock 20" wheel is acceptable, thats an option. thanks for your opinion. I never blamed GM once.

im done tho, you can delete this account.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #36
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
well, I know that when I am looking for info on wheels and tires I go straight to the general forums.... ~s

Seriously anyone looking for winter tires has been here in the wheels and tires sub.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #37
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Posting on the Internet will resolve an issue?
Incredibly sophomoric boildown of the issue. Does posting in the tracking thread resolve my issue of wondering what code I am at, given the incompetence of my dealer? Yes, it does. Do I get answers to questions I usually can't find answers to anywhere else on the internet about this car? Yep.

Where are the few people with their cars posting/gathering on the internet? Hmmm, I wonder where that might be, and if they ever post any information. Oh wait, it's here, and they do.

This is entirely GM's fault for awful communication, they HAVE these numbers and just are not giving them to any relevant parties pre or post release. Not wanting to use the stock rims so you do not pay 1400 dollars for 20" snow tires that will have to be installed/removed by a shop(SEASONALLY) is PRETTY REASONABLE, not to mention nowhere near as efficient as using snow tires on smaller rims for performance.

This is incredibly interesting dogpiling gentlemen. Very interesting indeed.

Last edited by Whis; 11-19-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: more facts.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #38
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Incredibly sophomoric boildown of the issue. Does posting in the tracking thread resolve my issue of wondering what code I am at, given the incompetence of my dealer? Yes, it does. Do I get answers to questions I usually can't find answers to anywhere else on the internet about this car? Yep.

Where are the few people with their cars posting/gathering on the internet? Hmmm, I wonder where that might be, and if they ever post any information. Oh wait, it's here, and they do.

This is entirely GM's fault for awful communication, they HAVE these numbers and just are not giving them to any relevant parties pre or post release. Not wanting to use the stock rims so you do not pay 1400 dollars for 20" snow tires that will have to be installed/removed by a shop(SEASONALLY) is PRETTY REASONABLE, not to mention nowhere near as efficient as using snow tires on smaller rims for performance.

This is incredibly interesting dogpiling gentlemen. Very interesting indeed.
Yes. They probably do have it. Give them a call, and ask them?

"Hello, I'm from the internet. Can I talk to the engineering dept that has the info on the wheel specs/spacing for the 2016 Camaro SS? Yes, I'll hold."

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #39
bhavyas

Quote:
not really. i just gave an explanation why i put it in general. no entitlement, no crying.
"this was put in the general forums because this is not your what wheels and tires look fancy, this is a major issue for everyone up north driving their car when they get them."
that was the whole thing.

the moderator had to be baby and respond to that, in the way it did.
"I'm going to go out on a limb and say that as a moderator, I know how admin wants this website organized better than you do. I also wrote the guide on Camaro5 for what belongs in each sub-forum myself (something which I should also do for Camaro6). Please do not tell me what individual sub-forums are supposed to be used for."

thats a j/o response.

if you think switching snow tires back and forth on the stock 20" wheel is acceptable, thats an option. thanks for your opinion. I never blamed GM once.

im done tho, you can delete this account.
Lol.. Relax bud... disagreements happen on internet all the time.. you dont have to leave the forum for that... anyways thats your call, I know this forum is a great place, with or without arguments... so good luck!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #40
bhavyas

Anyways guys!!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #41
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Yes. They probably do have it. Give them a call, and ask them?

"Hello, I'm from the internet. Can I talk to the engineering dept that has the info on the wheel specs/spacing for the 2016 Camaro SS? Yes, I'll hold."

--kC
I'm SURE that will work!
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #42
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
^And if it doesn't, then GM really dropped the ball and is screwing over their customers. I'm paying money for this car, I deserve to talk to every guy who ever took a wrench to it, or pen to paper regarding it! I want the home phone number of the guy who swept the assembly floor!
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote