Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-01-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Shoutout to Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg

I recently picked up my 2022 2SS 1LE from Criswell. I worked with Anthony Vattuone, and he was great. They are currently MSRP minus any applicable rebates / incentives which is about as good a deal as you're going to get in this market. I knew a lot about the order process from this forum, but Anthony clearly knew his stuff and was great to work with. I highly recommend them if you're in the area and in the market for a new Camaro.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:22 AM   #2
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Chriswell has a Vivid Orange 2022 2SS for sale for $55,829.00- way above MSRP! quoted by Scott LeStrange. No thank you
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
xplct

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Chriswell has a Vivid Orange 2022 2SS for sale for $55,829.00- way above MSRP! quoted by Scott LeStrange. No thank you
That dont seem too high above, MSRP on mine was 54k. If it is a 1LE? and fully loaded with sunroof and PDR then probably right on the money.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #4
adamjwilson

Window Sticker on that car is $50,710.00 MSRP- info on the website
Old 07-15-2022, 10:53 AM   #5
adamjwilson

I believe the one on website is a 2SS (does not specify 1LE)
The differences between 2SS and 2SS 1LE (I believe) are wheels and tires, stiffer suspension, bigger front brakes, Recaro seats, slightly shorter shifter throw, alcantera steering wheel and shift knob, eLSD, black wrapped hood and painted mirrors/spoiler, PTM drive modes, and potentially PDR (I think this is only an option for the 1LE at least?). Chassis/frame is the same between the two aside from the stiffer suspension components, and I'm not aware of any difference in the clutch.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #6
adamjwilson

For the record, I am not here to bash Criswell or any other MD Chevrolet dealership... as I live in VA and we have plenty of bad dealership down our way! The bottom line is that every dealership is different, and go with the best one for YOU that gives you the best price AND service after the sale. I was just pointing out that most dealers are pricing the Camaros above MSRP at this point. (supply and demand). The days we could buy below MSRP and pick from a car lot full of cars are probably over (thanks COVID).
Old 08-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #7
darkfader

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
I recently picked up my 2022 2SS 1LE from Criswell. I worked with Anthony Vattuone, and he was great. They are currently MSRP minus any applicable rebates / incentives which is about as good a deal as you're going to get in this market. I knew a lot about the order process from this forum, but Anthony clearly knew his stuff and was great to work with. I highly recommend them if you're in the area and in the market for a new Camaro.
Hi I was curious if this car was on their lot or if you placed an order through Criswell. If you ordered it through them, how long did the process take?

thanks.
UPDATE: 11/15/22 - 3100, TPW - 11/28/22
PRODUCED: 12/7/22 - 3800, No ETA
DELIVERED TO DEALER: 1/24/23 - 5000
DELIVERED TO OWNER: 2/18/2023
darkfader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:25 AM   #8
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
For the record, I am not here to bash Criswell or any other MD Chevrolet dealership... as I live in VA and we have plenty of bad dealership down our way! The bottom line is that every dealership is different, and go with the best one for YOU that gives you the best price AND service after the sale. I was just pointing out that most dealers are pricing the Camaros above MSRP at this point. (supply and demand). The days we could buy below MSRP and pick from a car lot full of cars are probably over (thanks COVID).
I've had zero luck with VA dealers. I'd bought some cars from Criswell years ago so I gave them another shot and was happy with them. Regarding that car on the lot - based on my experience, most dealers are doing the following: If the car is on the lot, just a regular in-stock unit that wasn't a customer order, there's a markup on it. If you order your car, it's MSRP (minus rebates, if those even exist). As you say, it's supply and demand and the dealers keep doing markup on in-stock cars because idiots keep paying it. I wasn't going to pay over MSRP, which is why I ordered and was content to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader View Post
Hi I was curious if this car was on their lot or if you placed an order through Criswell. If you ordered it through them, how long did the process take?

thanks.
I placed an order. The process was easy, I talked to the salesman on the phone, then went on the Chevy website and built my car exactly how I wanted it, and then e-mailed him the link at the end of the build process. I paid a $1000 refundable deposit and they submitted my order as soon as they A) had an allocation and B) my options weren't constrained. What I liked was my salesman called me and told me at one point that they could get me a configuration close to what I wanted, if I was willing to drop the 1LE package. I really wanted a 1LE so I told him no, I'd rather wait, and I did.

I got very lucky in the process - I put my deposit down on April 7th. The following week I got the call about adjusting the order, but I waited. The 2022 Model Year order books closed April 28th and I was thinking my car wouldn't get built and I'd have to re-order a 2023. But on April 26th I got a call that my order was accepted and I had a TPW of May 16th. The long tent in the pole is shipping - I don't have an exact date but my car didn't ship until sometime mid-June, so almost a month after it was built. It arrived at the dealership on June 28th and I picked it up the next day after they finished the PDP.

If you look in the Buying/Ordering/Tracking section of the forum, there have been wildly different timelines for people and mine was definitely on the quick side. I think a lot of the issues come down to salespeople either not understanding the ordering process, or not explaining it to the customers. My understanding is that the sales people may take your order but its the managers who place them, so the sales people may not always know the ins and outs of the process, or the managers don't tell them, so sometimes there is a disconnect there. So what happens is they let the customer order a constrained car and never explain to them that the car will never get built. The other issues is people ordering from small dealers that get limited allocations. Criswell is a huge volume dealer so they get lots of allocations, probably at least one per week, whereas a small dealer might get lucky to get one per month.

Hope all this info helps!
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote