Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
Camrochris

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 3.6L supe
My 2020 Camaro Saga.....

Hey guys. I have a '20; LGX 6 speed 3160. Truth be told I was smitten with the driving position; especially being able to see the power bulge line down the hood. It was the fastest car I had ever owned. After a week owning it I went parts nuts. I ordered and installed a Edelbrock Supercharger, thick anti roll bar in the rear, BMR links in the front to tighter the roll bar, Bilstein Nordschliffe suspension, and all kinds of exterior mods.
Unfortunately my trans was bad from thr start. It had 3500 Mile's on it and bought for $24k. Should have known it was too good to be true. Anyway. I have to get a new trans or repair. Not sure which, but with that done I can start enjoying my car. It still has a lack of power from the Supercharger too. Ultimately the shop owner apologized to me for having hired a non certified lead tech who was a total scammer. I have an "extra" Supercharger, and this scammer tech had no idea that Edelbrock sent the wrong Supercharger. So the supercharger that belongs to my car is actually down in my storage room. The one on the car is from a Colorado. But it doesn't interfere at least. They can be swapped put. THEN MY HOOD WILL CLOSE correctly. Tge supercharger was guaranteed to fit under the stock hood. So the supercharger must be removed and tge replacement installed then the trans replaced.
Part of me wants to place several IED's in it. Maybe a light 500 lb bomb would "fix it for good". I just feel my wallet getting much lighter to pay someone to fix it all. So, my old shop did call and officially let me know that the guy working for my custom shop stole $15,000 from them and was on the run. I pulled a background check. The guy who "customized" my Camaro is a professional con artist. I have his Mug Shot available upon request and as ll of his convictions. He has 11 felonies, 15 or so misdemeanors, and mega public records for doing exactly what he did to me and the shop owner. My car was in the shop for 4 months to do a weekend job. So the shop was holding this guys $10,000 tool box for collateral and I told them he is just going to steal them back! So I saw that his tools for $12,500 were never paid for to Snap On. I called Snap On collections and told the exactly where they could reposses those tools as the shopowner owes me $3000. The war continues.
Lastly. I found a trans expert who is an overall transmission expert. It has a TSB for a "Reluctor wheel" and also a fix for the yoke by adding a washer or nut. Not sure what that means. 🤔 Just love this car but I would rather dump it and buy an SS. But then I wouldn't realize my dream and I would be as bad as the people who did this to me.
Gonna stop now. It's depressing.
Attached Images

Last edited by Camrochris; 11-30-2022 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Add pic
Camrochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #2
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Thanks for sharing your dilemma. I got mine new 23 months ago , have 41k miles now. I have B6 dampers, good neg. camber alignment and have changed transmission and diff. oil. I like the v6 , will probably not mod it. I agree about the driving position and am happy with the car.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:29 PM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
OP, sounds like you could have avoided a world of hurt by purchasing a LT1 instead. Good luck with all that madness.