Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-03-2020, 04:25 PM   #43
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
From what everyone says, the A10 is so close to perfect, it probably doesn’t need a tune.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #44
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
I read if you increase torque __% then you *should* have a trans tune ?

I see RPM YouTube videos they always do a trans tune after a stage 2 or 3 build....
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #45
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Just get a 1LE. And if you don’t track, get an SS. I had a 700hp blown Mustang GT before my SS. Waste of power. Couldn’t use it. Traction sucks on RWD huge HP. All these guys who say an SS wasn’t enough power for the streets: LMAO. Nothing will have enough for them.
$35k before the $2k Mustang rebate for my SS. $33k for this beast. A joke of a price. No way is a ZL1 worth the mega extra coin for more weight and slightly better performance....most of which you can’t use. Why ZL1s are plastered all over the used market. If $$$ is absolutely no object, get a new ZL1, why not?
Old 11-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #46
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
From what everyone says, the A10 is so close to perfect, it probably doesn’t need a tune.
i think the main premise on tuning an a10 is to alter the acceptable torque values. even in stock trim, i imagine the car is protecting itself via tqm. add another 100 hp and it'll really be doing work.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #47
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Just get a 1LE. And if you don’t track, get an SS. I had a 700hp blown Mustang GT before my SS. Waste of power. Couldn’t use it. Traction sucks on RWD huge HP. All these guys who say an SS wasn’t enough power for the streets: LMAO. Nothing will have enough for them.
$35k before the $2k Mustang rebate for my SS. $33k for this beast. A joke of a price. No way is a ZL1 worth the mega extra coin for more weight and slightly better performance....most of which you can’t use. Why ZL1s are plastered all over the used market. If $$$ is absolutely no object, get a new ZL1, why not?
My SS wasn’t enough. Period.

Unless you’ve driven a ZL1, & really pushed it hard, you have no premise for comparison.

Where these cars shine is, from personal experience, is rolling out of a corner at 50MPH+ & lay on the throttle as you sweep the apex. It just hooks with the eLSD.

I gave mine some good twisties yesterday & it could plant all the power with the right tip-in of throttle exiting a corner. My passenger couldn’t believe how well it laid down the power out of corners.

& “plastered” all over the used market? LOL! I looked for a few months to find mine. One of 337 produced. Yeah, Dime a dozen.

Add: The A10 will, & can, push you to your limits & beyond. It’s programmed so it is always ready, chomping at the bit to go. It’s a slightly disconnected feeling outside of manual mode, or a manual, but you have to know what it’s going to do & anticipate it.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 11-04-2020 at 09:03 PM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:10 PM   #48
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

Unless you’ve driven a ZL1, & really pushed it hard, you have no premise for comparison.

Where these cars shine is, from personal experience, is rolling out of a corner at 50MPH+ & lay on the throttle as you sweep the apex. It just hooks with the eLSD.

I gave mine some good twisties yesterday & it could plant all the power with the right tip-in of throttle exiting a corner. My passenger couldn’t believe how well it laid down the power out of corners.

& “plastered” all over the used market? LOL! I looked for a few months to find mine. One of 337 produced. Yeah, Dime a dozen.

Add: The A10 will, & can, push you to your limits & beyond. It’s programmed so it is always ready, chomping at the bit to go. It’s a slightly disconnected feeling outside of manual mode, or a manual, but you have to know what it’s going to do & anticipate it.
Thank goodness you have enough power now. 455 is woefully inadequate for the streets. Especially coming out of 50mph turns, LOL.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #49
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Thank goodness you have enough power now. 455 is woefully inadequate for the streets. Especially coming out of 50mph turns, LOL.
Let’s just say it’s adequate, at least, for now.

Let’s not be coy, are you saying you never pushed your 700HP Mustang on the street?

I said 50MPH+, but to be fair, 30mph+ is in a similar boat, just takes a little more nuance.

To be honest though, I rolled a few in the 80-90 range. That’s the joy of living in rural fly-over country where you can drive back country roads where almost no one drives.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:49 AM   #50
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:

You keep talking about that car is gonna make me go buy one. I have never been close to 650hp. But have had over 500hp in a C6, so 650 has to be a thrill and i would get in trouble fast i am sure. With my driving i just don't have the room to give it a work out.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:03 AM   #51
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
If you’re on a budget fbo ss will get you zl1 speed

If not go zl1
Old 11-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #52
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
You keep talking about that car is gonna make me go buy one. I have never been close to 650hp. But have had over 500hp in a C6, so 650 has to be a thrill and i would get in trouble fast i am sure. With my driving i just don't have the room to give it a work out.
We live in totally different environments.

I’ll put it this way, our entire county has 2 stoplights, & no Walmart, Mc Donald’s, etc. County to my south has none, county to my East has one stoplight & a Mc Donald’s. Closest Walmart is almost an hr away. When I say rural, I mean rural.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:14 AM   #53
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
If you can locate a clean used ZL1 with a warranty and can afford it, I say go ZL1.

SS 1LE looks great and best bang for the buck but a bit underpowered for what I want. If you go with SS, you may still think of ZL1 like others have done and want to step up the ZL1 a short time later. Also think 3 to 5 years out where you want to be with a car.

I often wonder of the ones that say 650hp on the roads is unnecessary. Why do they have a v8, why not just go 4 or 6 cylinder Camaro?
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #54
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
We live in totally different environments.

I’ll put it this way, our entire county has 2 stoplights, & no Walmart, Mc Donald’s, etc. County to my south has none, county to my East has one stoplight & a Mc Donald’s. Closest Walmart is almost an hr away. When I say rural, I mean rural.
I would love to trade ya but you can keep the winters. When my Vette club had a cruise every month we got to get out in the country and give it hell and loved it. Since the CV19 crap we stopped doing them back in June.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote