Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #1
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
AA Wireless

I just received my AA Wireless for Android Auto and since my 2019 camaro can't pull up maps or do voice to text like the 2021 models can wirelessly this tiny little box can make it happen. First time using it this morning and it worked flawlessly it is pretty awesome not having to use a usb cord. It did take about 3 months for this device come in but the wait was worth it. Once you get it you down load the AA app from the play store, plug in the device and about 10 seconds or less you are now all wireless.
Attached Images

Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
I'm not sure about the AA wireless module you're posting about, but the AppleCarplay module made by the same manufacture worked spotty at best, barely would connect, was a hunk of junk......I went with the WAMS module to replace the original one and everything connects within seconds and works like stock, hell it is stock from GM so it should.....just my .02.......moral of the story i hope this one works better than the CarPlay one.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Bob RS

This project started out back in 2018 as a Indiegogo crowdsourced project. The initial prototypes were a little bigger in had issues because of all the different makes of cell phones and infotainment system. It wasn't until about late 2019 when this team refined there project and finally got most of the bugs worked out. Now 2021 and this little box seems to working like a charm as they have improved it to perfection. Here are pictures of there prototype.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
I've read a lot of really good feedback about this little add-on. The body shop manager of a local dealership has one that he's had some quirks with in his truck, and I suspect that it may be related to him not breaking the BT connection between the head unit and phone directly (and have given him a few things to try but he hasn't gotten around to it yet).

On the one hand, I like the idea of this. OTOH, I may not need it. Hint hint.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
It looks cool, but I don't know if I'd benefit from having one. If I truly think about the amount of time I plug my phone in today to use AA, it's maybe if I'm lucky once every few months. Normally all I do is let it connect Bluetooth and stream Pandora. If I was connecting usb for AA all the time, for sure I'd get one of these.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
It looks cool, but I don't know if I'd benefit from having one. If I truly think about the amount of time I plug my phone in today to use AA, it's maybe if I'm lucky once every few months. Normally all I do is let it connect Bluetooth and stream Pandora. If I was connecting usb for AA all the time, for sure I'd get one of these.
Biggest advantage of AA for "general purpose use" is that it allows you to receive text messages through the Infotainment system (you can listen to them, and voice reply to them). In my truck, which has no AA, I automatically get incoming texts to the head unit and can listen to them. In the car, I'm always running AA so I get the same experience. It would be great to be able to use the high-output charger instead of the USB port, though, for AA...
Old 08-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #7
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Biggest advantage of AA for "general purpose use" is that it allows you to receive text messages through the Infotainment system (you can listen to them, and voice reply to them). In my truck, which has no AA, I automatically get incoming texts to the head unit and can listen to them. In the car, I'm always running AA so I get the same experience. It would be great to be able to use the high-output charger instead of the USB port, though, for AA...
Ya, to each their own. I don't interact with my phone in that respect while driving. Calls I let go to VM and Text I dismiss and read when I'm done driving. I just don't feel the need to interact with people when I'm driving. I'm driving because I like the freedom I feel and getting away from people. Especially on the bike. Many people have to for their jobs or whatever. I get that... I just don't do it.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:00 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Ya, to each their own. I don't interact with my phone in that respect while driving. Calls I let go to VM and Text I dismiss and read when I'm done driving. I just don't feel the need to interact with people when I'm driving. I'm driving because I like the freedom I feel and getting away from people. Especially on the bike.
Yep. I get it. I don't generally take calls from the car because I have the top down. The occasional text may come in and it's sometimes useful to be able to listen to the message while I'm in motion. Both are a tad easier in the truck because, well, it isn't a convertible.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #9
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
I'm patiently awaiting mine! I'll be SO glad when I can get rid of that USB cable.
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #10
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I'm not sure about the AA wireless module you're posting about, but the AppleCarplay module made by the same manufacture worked spotty at best, barely would connect, was a hunk of junk......I went with the WAMS module to replace the original one and everything connects within seconds and works like stock, hell it is stock from GM so it should.....just my .02.......moral of the story i hope this one works better than the CarPlay one.
This cannot be the same manufacturer, the AAWireless project is a completely new setup done from scratch, as another poster indicated. If you were referring to the CPLAY2Air adapter, they do have an Android version that may be a blob of junk, but it has nothing to do with AAWireless.

I have one of the early AAWireless units and it works wonderfully (I posted a short review here).

Being able to slap my (reasonably modern) Android 11 phone on the wireless charging pad and then almost instantly having a fast AA connection while the phone is charging, no messing with cables and figuring out where to put the phone without getting tangled up, is priceless.

I also added a pair of small phone nets that I (and the front row passenger) can easily drop the phone into when charging is not neeeded.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #11
cosmok
Long live the ICE...

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Ya, to each their own. I don't interact with my phone in that respect while driving. Calls I let go to VM and Text I dismiss and read when I'm done driving. I just don't feel the need to interact with people when I'm driving. I'm driving because I like the freedom I feel and getting away from people. Especially on the bike. Many people have to for their jobs or whatever. I get that... I just don't do it.
Couldn't have said it better myself. That being said, I can understand the desire for others to connect wirelessly. To each his own.
cosmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #12
Bob RS

The reason why I purchase this device is because certain phones such as the s21 ultra are having problems when connected to Android auto with a usb- c cord. So far one week in and this device is working amazing. As I have stated before with this device I can now do voice to text and pull up Google maps, cause without this to go completely wireless I can't do voice to text or pull up Google maps unless I'm connected with a usb-c cable.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:37 PM   #13
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
The reason why I purchase this device is because certain phones such as the s21 ultra are having problems when connected to Android auto with a usb- c cord. So far one week in and this device is working amazing. As I have stated before with this device I can now do voice to text and pull up Google maps, cause without this to go completely wireless I can't do voice to text or pull up Google maps unless I'm connected with a usb-c cable.
Not sure I'm following this as it seems to (maybe?) contradict some of your original post?