Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-07-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Camaro SS/LE/ZL1 vs Rush SR-1 as a track car

I love my Camaro SS because I can daily drive it even during Canadian winters and I can have fun on the track whenver I can. As a track car though, it chews thru tires and breaks more than I can afford to really enjoy it. This until I discovered the Rush SR-1 as a track car and this can change my whole future car plans.

For only $29,000 USD (base manual), you can definitely go faster than a Camaro SS, most likely even a Camaro ZL1 and dare to say with less expense on tires and breaks? Real price will probably be higher with a paddle shifter gearbox, but still affordable relative to the perfomance it offers.

Edit: I recently came accross this Rush car and I have no affiliation with the company. For me as a track car it seems like a cheap and fun car, I am just looking for some feedback from people with experience.

Attached Images

Last edited by Corbu; 07-07-2021 at 07:31 PM.
Corbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:30 AM   #2
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
That looks awesome, thanks for sharing. I haven't hears of this brand yet.
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #3
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Thanks for sharing! This really is interesting. It seems like a cheaper Radical. I'm wondering about engine rebuilds, cost of tires, and what track events you could run.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #4
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
It's a Suzuki GSX-S1000 engine. They can take a thrashing.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #5
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
News to me. Thanks for sharing! Might be an awesome track car!

I’m curious… what type of breakdowns are you having in the SS? I absolutely agree in general bigger heavier cars have higher expenses but I’m unaware of the SS being expensive to maintain outside of maybe tires and brakes.

Keep in mind, I have a 1le that’s been tracked 3 times so far and only 4700 miles to date. And I’m coming from a bmw that needed a lot of upkeep to be track capable.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
I’m curious… what type of breakdowns are you having in the SS? I absolutely agree in general bigger heavier cars have higher expenses but I’m unaware of the SS being expensive to maintain outside of maybe tires and brakes.

For me it hasn't been that bad... i've done 7 track nights (7 hrs track time), and will have enough tire for another 2 or 3 events. I probably have gone through a set pads ( i bought a second set before i needed, and keeping the old set for off seasons street miles). My total mileage on the car is ~23k, and 75% of those miles are on a second all season set.

I should also say my first few events weren't that intense as i was getting used to the car. Additionally, i probably using less consumables, since mostly running in intermediate and finding myself behind cars waiting for passing zones. The advanced group has cured that problem!

I'd think the Rush SR-1 Hoosier tires would cost a decent amount to run, even if the car weighs < 1000lbs. But i don't know.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #7
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
thanks for posting up. that thing is pretty badass and ya, those litre engines from the sportbikes can take a real beating and LOVE to rev....
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote