Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
JDaniels609

Drives: ‘22 2ss
So... I did it. I “ordered” a Camaro

Joined this forum right after I sold my scatpack to carvana after being fed up with it and getting an offer I couldn’t refuse. Even with all the craziness going on I submitted an order to my dealer for a 2ss. They said no ETA obviously since nobody knows what’s gonna happen in the current climate. I’m still pretty excited. I went with a satin steel 2ss 10spd with adrenaline red interior. Only options I got were red seatbelts and calipers, alloy pedals, carbon flash wheels, NPP exhaust, and the body colored high wing wickerbill looking thing. Let’s place bets now.. when do you guys think I’ll see this thing?! Really praying I have a better experience with it than I did with my scat!
JDaniels609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
End of summer would be my guess...
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Probably be delivered right after first snowfall
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Congratulation's on your Camaro SS purchase! They are excellent cars. The car world is so strange right now for sure. A few guys have come on here recently and sold their Camaros because of issues, and bought Chargers and Challengers. You've come in here and done just the opposite. I'm on my second Camaro and I have been pleased with mine so far. I suspect you will be pleased with yours as well. As far as guesses when it'll be delivered... right about the time the snow comes back to Jersey! LOL
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Small amount are being finished this week then the plant goes idle until sometime mid June if I read correctly. So if you car is made late June I would expect late July delivery.

Also depends how many orders before yours too with the back log. You can always keep your eye open and see if a dealer gets a new one from this current crop that is being made this week.

Good choice. I bought my 2016 2SS last Sept. Only 16k miles and like new. The interior is excellent on this car. The A8 isn't bad but the shudder can be a bit annoying on my car.

I think you will enjoy the SS more than the Scatpack. It's also slightly quicker than the 392. Also, not that many drive the 6th gen SS so it will grab more attention too.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
So nice to see a thread of someone buying a Camaro instead of selling or thinking about selling their Camaro! Welcome to the club.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Wish you the best. I ordered a 21 2SS 1LE in February. I am guessing yours will be a 2022. With my luck yours 2022 will delivered in July of this year while my 2021 might get delivered by Thanksgiving (of 2023). Great color choice and everybody prefers different options. The dual mode exhaust is a must.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #8
Heat Magnet

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
The 10-speed will definitely put your order on hold due to AFM. I wouldn't be surprised if at latest, it'll arrive with the 2022 models.
  2. 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
    Black, Redline Edition, 1LE Suspension Package, 10L80 transmission, NPP, Body color high wing spoiler, Ground effects kit, 48-state legal Brembo brakes
Heat Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:24 AM   #9
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
As others have said, congrats and welcome the club!

Great choice in cars and colour.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:10 AM   #10
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Magnet View Post
The 10-speed will definitely put your order on hold due to AFM. I wouldn't be surprised if at latest, it'll arrive with the 2022 models.

So for the people who ordered a 2021 but it hasn't even been built yet and when I mean by built not just waiting for a semi conductor but not built at all? Is the dealer going to simply refund them the deposit or offer to build the 2022 for the same price?

If I were Chevy I'd give the option for the same speced 2022 since it's the same car and maybe throw in free oil changes for a couple years.

Chevy didn't order enough semi conductors last year even though they knew they'd be starting back up again. In a way it's on them.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:25 AM   #11
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
So for the people who ordered a 2021 but it hasn't even been built yet and when I mean by built not just waiting for a semi conductor but not built at all? Is the dealer going to simply refund them the deposit or offer to build the 2022 for the same price?

If I were Chevy I'd give the option for the same speced 2022 since it's the same car and maybe throw in free oil changes for a couple years.

Chevy didn't order enough semi conductors last year even though they knew they'd be starting back up again. In a way it's on them.
If it was that simple it would’ve been fixed by now. Here’s how the semi-conductor thing played out. TLDR - blame COVID.

When shut-down orders had US auto plants shut down for several months, the automakers cut back their orders on components. Unlike some components where the automakers are by far the biggest customers, automakers account for less than 10% of semi-conductor sales. On top of that, margins chipmakers earn on auto business is lower than margins they earn on chips for, say... gaming consoles.

Now, about gaming consoles...combine the fact that the most popular gaming consoles were launching brand new hardware at the exact same time people were being told they had to stay home. Surge in gaming console sales. So chipmakers converted their processes to make more gaming model chips and no auto chips. It will take time to convert back, and at only 10% of the volume and nowhere else to go for product, the automakers are in no position to say “do it or else!”. Chipmakers be like...”or else what?”

So, if you bought a new PlayStation or Nintendo Switch during the pandemic, you are part of the problem. If you are seeking penance (and you should be), DM me and I’ll send you an address where you can send your gaming console to start the process of making amends.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Curious about the '21 or '22 MSRPs....A lot of chatter about higher than high trade ins or used car sale prices, etc...Are new car prices a bargain of some kind?...Wondering about you guys who ordered, are you locked in on a sale price? Have they announced pricing on '22s?....Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #13
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Welcome and congrats !!!!
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Welcome to the forum and Good luck on getting your new Camaro!��