DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Ford beats GM & Chrysler for Most Recalls and Fleet Sales in 2011

www.autoblog.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBlog
Most everyone at Ford is grinning from ear-to-ear these days, as the company is enjoying profits as well as a vastly improved product portfolio and public image. Sales are up, the product pipeline is full, and market share grew last year. You can almost imagine Ford CEO Alan Mulally saying, "What, me worry?"

But that's exactly what he should be doing, according to Forbes, which suggests Ford is growing arrogant and its numbers aren't nearly as solid as they appear. For instance, Forbes says Ford was also right up there with Toyota and Honda when it came to recalls last year, far outpacing crosstown rivals General Motors and Chrysler. Ford recalled some 3.3 million vehicles in 2011, compared to 773,000 for Chrysler and just 500,000 for GM.

But the real shocker is that Forbes says Ford tops all automakers when it comes to fleet sales. Not only are fleet sales usually less profitable, but they also tend to hurt resale values, meaning that selling 32 percent of its vehicles into fleets last year does not bode well for the Blue Oval or the residual values of its owners. According to the report, the model with the most fleet sales was the new-for-2012 Focus. A staggering 45 percent of Focus models sold last year were to fleets, which isn't good for anyone, save the guy standing in line at the Hertz counter.
www.autoblog.com
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
well Ford has got to win in something.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ford's biggest demise has been the PowerJoke diesel. From the 6.0 to the 6.4 and now the new in-house built 6.7. The 6.0 and 6.4 has cost Ford in excess of one billion dollars in warranty repairs since the 6.0 was introduced in 2003.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.

Last edited by NavyDood; 01-27-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: grammer
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Ford's biggest demise has been the PowerJoke diesel. From the 6.0 to the 6.4 and now the new in-house built 6.7. The 6.0 and 6.4 has costed Ford in excess of one billion dollars in warranty repairs since the 6.0 was introduced in 2003.
that is a lot of $. I think they got something good goinf in their eco-boost though.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
DaBears

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester, 2010 Equinox
I agree with the diesel statement. Ford needs to come out with a new diesel engine in my opinion. But ford did just post a very nice profit, good for them.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
I agree with the diesel statement. Ford needs to come out with a new diesel engine in my opinion. But ford did just post a very nice profit, good for them.
I'm pretty sure they just did that and from what I understand it has been a great engine thus far. As far as the recalls go I would expect them to have a lot of them considering they have just turned out what like 5 or so new engines.
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
seemed like the new Focus got good ink, but it's getting beaten easily by the Cruze.