Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-04-2021, 11:34 PM   #29
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Yeah i don’t think these bad drivers are doing it to “us”. Their just thinking about themselves without a care for other drivers.

Except the idiots who try and race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:42 PM   #30
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aow4321 View Post
Obviously you guys have never been to Miami/Hialeah...

Well yea, they're the worst. I was talking about Southwest part of the state. SEFL drivers are tons worse! I wonder how many of them don't even have a license in SEFL.

Is it even worth the cost of gas and insurance to own a Camaro SS or ZL1 in Miami? I mean, traffic is so terrible there I guess unless you're way down south like Homestead or inland it's basically useless because you can't get on it anyway due to too much traffic. I don't see the point of owing a car like that with Miami traffic. Seems no fun and pointless.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:13 AM   #31
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Huh, must be an American thing.

Seriously, I haven't seen much hate directed towards my car. Sure, there are bad drivers, but they drive badly just because they suck at driving in general, at least I don't feel like I was ever targeted. The only thing troubling me is with the cops, but yeah, that's just the trouble with having a bright, loud sports car in a small city.

If it were to happen to me, I just back off. "Nothing to prove", as the mentality goes. Most of the guys with the barks probably never hit the tracks anyway. I am not great at tracking by any means, but I am pretty sure I can still run circles around them at a track.

I did have a BMW E92 M3 owner tell me that there was an SUV that creeped her when she was going home, and when she parked her car, the SUV driver told her the car colour is too distracting as it's a pretty bright yellow. She naturally got mad and told them to GTFO of her driveway. IMO, that SUV driver is lucky this is Canada. Probably could have gone very differently if it is a more gun-friendly part of the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I get multiple drivers challenging me to race every time I go out. I can't afford a ticket much less jail time for street racing.

A few days ago, a Charger pulls up next to me and revs it. SHE rolls down the window and says "Let's run 'em!"
I say, "Every cop in town knows this car and is looking to catch me slippin."
She says "You just don't want to get beat by a girl!" and squeals off.

Ok whatever psycho.
I definitely wouldn't street race with strangers. Not a lot to win, a ton to lose. You never know if the driver in the other car knows how to handle the power. For all you know, they could end up fishtailing into you when they run out of talent.

I do remember a guy in an 8th Gen Civic Si trying to race me at an intersection when I had my RX-8. Didn't take the bait and the moment the light turned green, the guy stalled his car. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Unless she has the Redeye she wont beat you.

I don't have any problem in my SS from Mustangs or anyway. On the highway most get out of the way when they see me coming.
My friend with a Hellcat Charger told me the same when we talked about hitting the drag strip. I will see if I can try it out.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #32
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
...If it were to happen to me, I just back off. "Nothing to prove", as the mentality goes...
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #33
1LEASYE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Other people are trying to play smokey & the bandit with you where they will sit in your blind spot and hope you take off so they can follow you as their "blocker" since you are in a sports car and cops are more willing to bust you first, especially if you have out of state plates.

People do this to me all the time, I do it to people when I drive my 1996 346k Toyota 4 runner but I do it to people I see driving erratically and hope they take off so I can hang back and not get in the wreck they are trying to cause, you also see this all the time when people speed while tucked in behind EMS vehicles and try to use them as a "Moses parting the red sea" gimmick to clear traffic for them.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #34
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Unless she has the Redeye she wont beat you.

I don't have any problem in my SS from Mustangs or anyway. On the highway most get out of the way when they see me coming.
Not true. A 392, a standard Hellcat and the Redeye would all put up a fight, if not win. Especially considering his car has the M6.. you can't shift as quickly as an 8 speed automatic.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #35
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang N’ Bang View Post
Try a motorcycle, every driver is wanting to kill you. In fact usually when riding on freeways I’m looking for a camaro or similar to stay in front of because they are never the one riding my ass when I’m already doing 85 in the hov lane, it’s always some oblivious chick on her phone thinking theyre on the last lap at daytona.
Isn't this the truth! The part I can't understand is there are so many people with negative correlations regarding motorcycles, and the riders of them, yet we deal with stuff like this in traffic.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:45 PM   #36
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Isn't this the truth! The part I can't understand is there are so many people with negative correlations regarding motorcycles, and the riders of them, yet we deal with stuff like this in traffic.
Yep, I give motorcycles a lot of room. Even at 5 or 10 miles an hour, under the right circumstances, it’s very easy to crush a biker to death. When I see someone too close to biker, I stay even further away.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:55 PM   #37
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Not true. A 392, a standard Hellcat and the Redeye would all put up a fight, if not win. Especially considering his car has the M6.. you can't shift as quickly as an 8 speed automatic.
Transmission for transmission, though, it would be an interesting fight with the 392 Challenger.

And my buddy with a Hellcat told me that Hellcats are pretty tricky to launch right. Hellcats and Redeyes are also limited on what tires you can use to launch the cars unless you also strength the rear diff and half shafts. That's why you see those Hellcats blow diffs or shafts at the drag strips.

Past:
Old 08-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #38
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEASYE View Post
Other people are trying to play smokey & the bandit with you where they will sit in your blind spot and hope you take off so they can follow you as their "blocker" since you are in a sports car and cops are more willing to bust you first.
^^^ This 100%... Except it has nothing to do with my Camaro, they do it to me in my Tahoe as well. I will only take the highway when absolutely necessary. Need to get somewhere quick. Otherwise I cruise the country back roads. Agree with the others on the bike... I will not go on the highway on my bike anymore.... far to dangerous for my liking. 85 MPH sitting on cell phones. I have no use being around that on two wheels.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:24 PM   #39
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

A 392 isn't going to beat an SS if it's stock. They weigh more and slower, and this lady probably isn't a good driver anyway. 392 will not beat an SS, especially a Charger. If the SS driver is a terrible driver and the 392 Challenger is a good driver then maybe.

Charger is still fast for a 4 door sedan though.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #40
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Big Sad

I have no cool stories like that. Ever since I moved no one wants to play wif me.

:/
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:59 PM   #41
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
A 392 isn't going to beat an SS if it's stock. They weigh more and slower, and this lady probably isn't a good driver anyway. 392 will not beat an SS, especially a Charger. If the SS driver is a terrible driver and the 392 Challenger is a good driver then maybe.

Charger is still fast for a 4 door sedan though.
Lol.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #42
UnknownJinX

All these Challenger/Charger vs. Camaro talk makes my itch to go to the drag strip grow ever so stronger...

Past: