Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
ThePandaSmuggler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 8AT
Well lookie here! ('16 PCV hose)

https://www.ebay.com/i/332357315793

After breaking one of the clips on the quick disconnect hose when trying to remove it from my Injen EVO7300, I went searching for a replacement. I noticed that the P/N was not of the discontinued '16 PCV hose but the picture showed the clip connector. I messaged the seller and he said that their picture is accurate as they take their own pics as opposed to stock pictures. Shipping was 2 days and I was skeptical until I opened the box:

Sure as shit, it's the '16 connector! I plan on installing it tomorrow, but wanted to give y'all a heads up to all the '17 owners who want to get rid of the stupid "quick" disconnect hose. Probably the best price I've seen shipped as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThePandaSmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Nice find.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:46 AM   #3
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Agreed with Evil-Bee, great find! Ordered one within 30 seconds of finding this thread lol

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
ThePandaSmuggler

Glad I could help Was going to do it on my weekend, but it ended up raining and then I got volunteered to go furniture shopping :P I did have a chance to remove the engine cover and one of the quick disconnect connectors looks like a royal PITA to remove. Might have to see if Mishimoto will sell me just their tool or mock up something like Jason did.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
ThePandaSmuggler

Thanks for the info. I ended up going to Harbor Freight and picking up a shallower quick disconnect tool and this handy little tool kit:

The quick disconnect tool was too shallow but with the pry kit I was able to poke around a bit and unclip the hose without damaging anything. Everything else was a cinch after that

Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #6
BomberCamaro

Mine is supposed to come in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully it's long enough. After looking at your install pic it, I noticed my tube coming off the intake is much shorter than yours (Injen intake). Maybe it's just the way the picture looks, but I guess I'll find out lol. I'll try and install in the next few days.

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
ThePandaSmuggler

Hey man, it's not the size of the tube that matters! :P I'm currently using an AF Dynamic hot air intake which is supposedly a clone of the Injen open box. I also compared the length of the hoses, and they appear to be the same length.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #8
BomberCamaro

Just got mine today, and you're right. Just looked shorter in the pics than what I remembered mine looking like. Thanks again for the link, I look forward to putting it in!

Follow my mod journey!

Old 10-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #9
ThePandaSmuggler

No problem dude! Not the most significant "mod" but should make your life easier if you want to put the stock air box back in for any warranty work.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:38 PM   #10
Jorgeyyy

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Can I get a link to the hose, the link isn't working and I broke mine lmao
Jorgeyyy is offline   Reply With Quote