Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #43
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Ahhhh. So if you paid for nav, you are stuck with the older and more inferior nav setup? The real time traffic doesn't seem to do anything with the nav systems either, lol.
I *Think* you can still download it though the app shop i'll check in a bit. The real time traffic is tied to a specific onstar plan which is just dumb at this point they nickel and dime you to death with it lol
Old 07-30-2021, 01:04 PM   #44
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
I *Think* you can still download it though the app shop i'll check in a bit. The real time traffic is tied to a specific onstar plan which is just dumb at this point they nickel and dime you to death with it lol
Yeah, I didn't see Maps+ in the app list, just checked like 30 minutes ago. And I have the OnStar Premium plan which shows as the top tier plan you can even get, and I have real time traffic enabled in Nav settings, but, I have never seen any kind of traffic anything on my nav map. Lol. Unless their real time traffic is just garbage tier or something. I can see traffic perfectly fine with Waze and what not.

It seemed that the Maps+ stuff is a bit more modern and they made it sound like the maps and traffic are updated much more. Maps daily, traffic in real time. The built in nav system you are stuck with maps up to a year old, lol.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:08 PM   #45
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't see Maps+ in the app list, just checked like 30 minutes ago. And I have the OnStar Premium plan which shows as the top tier plan you can even get, and I have real time traffic enabled in Nav settings, but, I have never seen any kind of traffic anything on my nav map. Lol. Unless their real time traffic is just garbage tier or something. I can see traffic perfectly fine with Waze and what not.

It seemed that the Maps+ stuff is a bit more modern and they made it sound like the maps and traffic are updated much more. Maps daily, traffic in real time. The built in nav system you are stuck with maps up to a year old, lol.
Real time traffic is actually pretty nice its like apple maps/google maps with color coded speeds etc. Depending on when you signed up for premium it may or may not have been included they have restructured plans a bunch lately but call them up its very obvious when its working green overlays on roads, routing times etc. Not saying it beats waze by any means but not horrible lol
Old 07-30-2021, 01:16 PM   #46
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
Real time traffic is actually pretty nice its like apple maps/google maps with color coded speeds etc. Depending on when you signed up for premium it may or may not have been included they have restructured plans a bunch lately but call them up its very obvious when its working green overlays on roads, routing times etc. Not saying it beats waze by any means but not horrible lol
Maybe I just drive so infrequently I just don't notice it enough? Lol.

I checked my premium plan and see the real time traffic listed under the plan.

The map age thing is an issue though.. Def had it try to take me to places that were for sure blocked off (permanently, and had been for a decent amount of time) and had to switch to Waze, lol. My car is a 2021 too, so, maps couldn't of been super old! Lol.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #47
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
If you ever have a chance and bored enough, could you take a photo of what you see for your real time traffic with the times and color code stuff and post it? Lol. Maybe I'm just glazing right on over it all
Old 07-30-2021, 01:18 PM   #48
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Quote:
Maybe I just drive so infrequently I just don't notice it enough? Lol.

I checked my premium plan and see the real time traffic listed under the plan.

The map age thing is an issue though.. Def had it try to take me to places that were for sure blocked off (permanently, and had been for a decent amount of time) and had to switch to Waze, lol. My car is a 2021 too, so, maps couldn't of been super old! Lol.
Oh Geez 21 Map database is from 2019 they generally run a couple of years behind sadly :( Hopefully its working though if you're paying for it!!
Old 07-30-2021, 01:19 PM   #49
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Quote:
Oh Geez 21 Map database is from 2019 they generally run a couple of years behind sadly :( Hopefully its working though if you're paying for it!!
Haha, yeah, wild we pay the $400+ for the nav, get older maps, of which you have to manually load and update for hundreds of dollars a year I've heard, and if you DON'T pay for maps, you get free unlimited map updates... Daily and automatically. Lol.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:20 PM   #50
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Personally I wish they would just let us load the Waze app directly to the infotainment system and let it talk to the HUD and gauge cluster Lol. Wishful thinking! I just don't like tethering my phone to any of my cars all of the time.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #51
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Couldn't have said it better myself LOL
Old 07-30-2021, 01:28 PM   #52
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Lol. One of my tethering complaints is for whatever reason my caller id does not display on the infotainment screen when I get a call that would usually show up and tell me who it is (either a contact, or, the fancy ATT network caller id). I just see the phone number on the info screen, and the call display, since I'm running Android auto, doesn't show ANYTHING on my phone. Lol.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #53
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Ahhhh. So if you paid for nav, you are stuck with the older and more inferior nav setup? The real time traffic doesn't seem to do anything with the nav systems either, lol.
I have a 2020 Silverado that just had the GM Maps app pushed to it. After 30 days it wouldn't boot anymore, said I needed a data plan. So I am still a factory nav supporter based on that. I tried the data plan in my 2016 Camaro for a month and it was terrible.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 05:55 PM   #54
apr2136

Drives: Chevy Camero
Quote:
I was chasing the same thing on my '22 SS. Frustrating! The maps on the "built-in" are outdated.
apr2136 is offline   Reply With Quote