Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Help! I Need Legal Advice For Small Claims Court Recovery!

ATTENTION: CONSUMER FRAUD ALERT! I took my 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS to Mr. Roland Azcuy owner & operator of Roland's body & paint to have a replacement front bumper painted along with paint blending both my driver's side and passenger front fenders and doors. Roland Azcuy charged me $1,012.31 for the labor and paint. Not including all the parts that I provided to Roland Azcuy myself. I was charged $1,012.31 for a terrible paint job that took 3 weeks to complete. I had to take my car back to Roland for a second time because of all the poor paint issues. I gave Mr. Roland Azcuy ample time of nearly two weeks to fix all the issues. Once I received my car back. The warranty repairs were not completed correctly. The paint is under warranty for three years. Roland Azcuy refuses to fix all the paint issues while under warranty. Roland Azcuy has decided to breach my warranty contract by not addressing all the paint issues that he caused to the vehicle himself. In other words, it occurs when the warrantor Roland's body & paint fails to provide the assurance warranted. If such assurance is proved to be untrue, I have a claim for breach of warranty against Roland's body & paint. From my observation, Roland's body & paint are not professional and lack experience. The shop is not set up properly with a separate paint booth enclosure or a paint bake booth enclosure. Roland's body & paint is a dirty open filthy ghetto paint shop deep in the hood. Your car will have dirt and contaminants in the paint finish once it is completed. Roland Azcuy leaves his filthy paint shop wide open when he paints car parts. I have never judged a book by its cover. But after this very negative experience. I find the service to be unacceptable for any paying customer to have to go through. Take a look at my photos of my yellow Chevy Camaro 2011 2SS and be the judge. Roland Azcuy screwed up my front bumper. There are black blotchy contaminants in the yellow paint finish. There is missing clear coat on the top part of the front bumper and other areas. The paint is already peeling off from the top of the bumper. There is excessive orange peel overspray all over sections of the bumper. There are uneven paint levels on the bumper and both front side fenders. There are black blotchy paint contaminants in the yellow paint on both my driver's side and passenger side doors. Both my fog lights and front left and right fender blinker lights don't work since Roland Azcuy touched my car. I do not recommend Roland's body & paint. They will joy ride your car for a couple of hundred miles for personal use while it is in their shop being serviced and god knows what else. I know this because I set the trip mileage tracker to zero on my vehicle before I gave it to Roland's body & paint for warranty repair. I'm preparing a lawsuit against Roland Azcuy of Roland's body & paint. I'm also reporting Roland's body & paint to the better business bureau and the attorney general of Texas. This is considered consumer fraud! Consumer fraud is commonly defined as deceptive business practices that cause consumers to suffer financial or other losses. Fraud against consumers is often related to false promises or inaccurate claims made to consumers, as well as practices that directly cheat consumers out of their money. I gave Mr. Roland Azcuy an ample amount of time to make things right. In return, Mr. Roland Azcuy has mistaken my kindness for weakness. Roland's body & paint is a business offering a public service. I put my trust and money into believing that Roland's body & paint was better than Maaco. Roland's body & paint is possibly the worst paint shop I've ever dealt with. Mr. Roland Azcuy is all talk. He lies and won't deliver on his promises. Buyer beware!

Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:27 PM   #2
Camaro_Fuzion

Roland's body & paint had good reviews. I thought I was doing myself justice by not going to Maaco body and paint. I paid in cash. I do have an invoice bill of sale from the business. This shady paint shop does not accept credit cards. I know why now. Because most consumers would chargeback this idiot for his questionable business practices. I'm just wondering if any of you have ever filed a small claims case against a person or business? Any advice would be welcoming. I'm not going to set back and let this ride out. I'm going to take action.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:32 AM   #3
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
ATTENTION: From my observation, Roland's body & paint are not professional and lack experience. The shop is not set up properly with a separate paint booth enclosure or a paint bake booth enclosure. Roland's body & paint is a dirty open filthy ghetto paint shop deep in the hood. Your car will have dirt and contaminants in the paint finish once it is completed. Roland Azcuy leaves his filthy paint shop wide open when he paints car parts. I have never judged a book by its cover. But after this very negative experience. I find the service to be unacceptable for any paying customer to have to go through.
My suggestion, which is kinda late now, would of been to "observe" all these deficiencies PRIOR to allowing ANYBODY work on my vehicle.

It's kind of hard to miss a spray booth when touring the shop.

This is what happens when you "shop price" only.....
Old 07-31-2021, 01:03 AM   #4
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
My suggestion, which is kinda late now, would of been to "observe" all these deficiencies PRIOR
Quote:
to allowing ANYBODY work on my vehicle.
It's kind of hard to miss a spray booth when touring the shop.

This is what happens when you "shop price" only.....
I did not shop price at all. I thought the guy was good. He has fully painted some really nice classic sports cars in the past. Some are worth more than my Camaro. That is the only reason why went to that shop in the first place. I saw examples of his prior work. And it looked amazing. I did not get to explore and snoop his shop out until after the fact. It is a hard lesson to learn for sure. But all seemed fine until he painted my car like $hit! I believe I have a case. There is no reason for what he did to my car. It should have looked great without any of those issues. Other customers are also suing the idiot! Maybe all he is good at painting are classic cars. Or anything bulky over 25 years old. Hell, all I know is this guy is going to pay for what he did. I have the time and I have the money to sue. A full paint job would have cost $5K or more but this was just a full bumper paint with pinstripes, and blending the yellow across the front fenders and doors. EPIC FAIL! I plan to sue in small claims court. I have all the emails, bill of sale, strong incredible evidence against Roland's body & paint. Roland's body & paint has good reviews. While most businesses never have 5 stars. It had a 4.3 rating which is pretty good. I thought I was doing myself justice by not going to Maaco body and paint. The price is right on point for the type of work the car needs. My Camaro does not need a full paint job. It was just the front bumper. Most body shops always blend the fenders and doors in to match the front bumper. The rest of the paint on my car is like new.

Last edited by Camaro_Fuzion; 07-31-2021 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Just my 2 cents but I pretty much agree agree with 95 imp. I looked at the 2 pics of vehicles in shop and my 1st impression was it was a backyard shop. Place is filthy. Looked more like an oil change, tire shop than quality paint shop. You don't necessarily have to tour the building to see if it's maintained to paint. If office, windows, parking lot are trashy, move on. The fact that you also mentioned Maaco twice in you rant leads me to believe that "cheap" was reasonably high on your list when shopping.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #6
Camaro_Fuzion

I was not aware of one's business practices or the environment. Clearly, it comes with experience. I went to Roland's body & paint because he looked good on paper with the painting at least. Boy, was I wrong? Last question? Has any of you ever sued a person or a business in small claims court? If so how did you proceed? What are the steps you took in order to recover? That is what I really want to know? The price I paid was not cheap, to say the least. I learned my past lessons from having work done on my 2010 Camaro 2SS from Maaco. Just to note, I was given a couple of price quotes from other reputable paint shops in the area. All were about the same price. I was taken by the sports cars Roland's body & paint have worked on. I was assuming my car would have received the same treatment.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:33 AM   #7
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
I was not aware of one's business practices or the environment. Clearly, it comes with experience. I went to Roland's body & paint because he looked good on paper with the painting at least. Boy, was I wrong? Last question? Has any of you ever sued a person or a business in small claims court? If so how did you proceed? What are the steps you took in order to recover? That is what I really want to know? The price I paid was not cheap, to say the least. I learned my past lessons from having work done on my 2010 Camaro 2SS from Maaco. Just to note, I was given a couple of price quotes from other reputable paint shops in the area. All were about the same price. I was taken by the sports cars Roland's body & paint have worked on. I was assuming my car would have received the same treatment.

You may want to see if their are any lawyers in your area who will do a free consult, or for a small fee provide provide you a strategy to follow.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:04 PM   #8
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
You may want to see if their are any lawyers in your area who will do a free consult, or for a small fee provide provide you a strategy to follow.
Yes, or I might represent myself with two basic defenses.

1.) Breach of warranty

2.) Consumer fraud

Stacked with dates and timelines of buyer, seller communication. And photo evidence.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:16 PM   #9
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:

1.) Breach of warranty

2.) Consumer fraud

Stacked with dates and timelines of buyer, seller communication. And photo evidence.
https://guides.sll.texas.gov/consumer-protection

Wouldn’t hurt to read through some of the codes to see if your situation meets those standards. Also verify what limits you can sue for. Collecting is a whole separate issue if you win.

Not sure you’ll find the effort is worth $1012, good luck though!
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #10
Camaro_Fuzion

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
https://guides.sll.texas.gov/consumer-protection

Wouldn’t hurt to read through some of the codes to see if your situation meets those standards. Also verify what limits you can sue for. Collecting is a whole separate issue if you win.

Evaluate the time and effort against the pay off

Old 08-01-2021, 12:42 AM   #11
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
I have the time and I have the money to sue.
Quote:
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #12
Camaro_Fuzion

I got my case filed with my local better business bureau. I also was able to file a consumer complaint with the attorney general of Texas. The wheel turns slow. But it is turning.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #13
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
“I thought it would be better than Maaco” not the best argument.

Ultimately, I think a judge or arbitrator would give Roland a chance to repaint it before giving you a cash verdict. Do you really want Roland spraying any more paint on your car? Give him some bad reviews, call it a day.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:23 AM   #14
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro__ss View Post
“I thought it would be better than Maaco” not the best argument.

Ultimately, I think a judge or arbitrator would give Roland a chance to repaint it before giving you a cash verdict. Do you really want Roland spraying any more paint on your car? Give him some bad reviews, call it a day.

I did give him a very bad review.