Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #7379
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Well… out with the old and in with the new. 2900 miles new! In the process of trading blue off. Sad to see that car go but live already got NOS GM gloss black GFX acquired, as well as a GM heritage. Just need the dove tail and I’ll be in business.

All- meet ABM #93!
Attached Images

ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 06-08-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:54 AM   #7380
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
Wow, just a little over 1/100th of the 268,000 that I have on SweetneSS. You have a lot of miles left in that one to enjoy!
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:55 AM   #7381
Aqua Blue RS/SS

I sure hope so. It’s a real nice car. Almost to the point where I don’t want to drive it because the paint is so close to perfect. I’m not gonna do much with it at all until I can get some 3M clear film on parts of the front bumper, hood and gills. I’m hoping to pick the GFX and heritage up in a month or so. The brand new GM dovetail should be here Tuesday
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:02 AM   #7382
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Excellent!

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:54 PM   #7383
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Excellent!
Thanks. I can’t wait to get the GFX and everything else on it. I miss the aggressive look of the old car a lot.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:13 AM   #7384
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
love this blue.
our new kia is almost the same colour
Old 06-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #7385
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
Got a few parts I am waiting to come in so I can install on mine. New carbon fiber flat top/bottom steering wheel, zl1 addons rock guards and new wheel package from Forgestar.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:52 PM   #7386
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Well parts came in. I’m pretty happy with it. New flat top/bottom carbon wheel, zl1 addons premium splash guards and 20" Forgestar wheels with Nitto Tires.
Attached Images

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
Old 06-29-2022, 02:01 PM   #7387
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Hell yea man. That car has a nasty attitude. I like the ABM calipers and that you kept the Camaro airbag in the wheel and not the later bowtie. That’s my favorite part of the 2010-11 wheel.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 06-29-2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:48 PM   #7388
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Hell yea man. That car has a nasty attitude. I like the ABM calipers and that you kept the Camaro airbag in the wheel and not the later bowtie. That’s my favorite part of the 2010-12 wheel.
Thank you very much. Yea, I had thought about going to the newer style wheel for a bit but decided id keep it true to the car and stayed with the 10-11 style. It makes it unique as it was only used on our cars unlike the 12-15 style.

Trey Jenkins
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
Old 07-14-2022, 09:51 AM   #7389
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Well… out with the old and in with the new. 2900 miles new! In the process of trading blue off. Sad to see that car go but live already got NOS GM gloss black GFX acquired, as well as a GM heritage. Just need the dove tail and I’ll be in business.

All- meet ABM #93!
Just seeing this, wow! Was there something wrong with your old car? High milage? Different options & transmission that you wanted? I loved your old car, that was a beautiful car. I sold mine a while ago but only because it had been wrecked at least twice by the previous owner and not properly repaired, nor reported thru carfax. I never had the heart to want to get another ABM or another 5th Gen in general after that, even with only 10k miles on it.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:35 AM   #7390
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Just seeing this, wow! Was there something wrong with your old car? High milage? Different options & transmission that you wanted? I loved your old car, that was a beautiful car. I sold mine a while ago but only because it had been wrecked at least twice by the previous owner and not properly repaired, nor reported thru carfax. I never had the heart to want to get another ABM or another 5th Gen in general after that, even with only 10k miles on it.
You know, I really really liked 85% of the old car. There were a couple of things that I didn’t like though, I don’t think I’ve ever spoken of them on here. In 2018 when I was looking to buy my first 5th Gen I wanted an 2SS/RS ABM with GM GFX and there was no substitute I would accept. I looked on and off for about 6-8 months and ended up getting the old car. It had been hit right behind the driver door below the gills in 2015. I knew it had been hit via carfax before I bought it. It still had clear over spray all over it three years after the repairs. Pretty much the whole entire drives side had been painted/blended. After a couple rounds of paint correction I was able to get the paint 90% better but it was never going to be the same a factory paint. The clear texture wasn’t right. I lived with it and made the best of it but I was never satisfied with body work to repair the damage and the paint work to cover it up.

Also I always preferred the ever illusive grey interior over the straight black. The trade came down to those things as well as the mileage and GFX. 70K on the old car vs. 2900 on the new one was hard to pass up. I don’t drive it much at all so it will last for a LONG time. I’ve known of a black GFX kit new in box for a couple years and was able to talk a buddy out of it so that solved that part of it as well. I wouldn’t have traded it in if I didn’t have a line on a complete GFX kit. I was able to get a brand new dovetail from a GM dealer in TX shortly after trading in and I’ve got a set of ‘21 ZL1 wheels and tires lined up for it too. As bad ass as the old car was, bear with me. This one is going to be even better. The sun roof on the new car is cool too. I didn’t think I’d like it but I actually do.

3000 mile climate controlled garage kept, ABM paint is sure a thing of beauty. When these cars came out I wanted a brand new one so bad but at 22 and freshly married it wasn’t in the cards. I had the chance to buy as new of an ABM as is probably left and I took it. No regrets.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #7391
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
You know, I really really liked 85% of the old car. There were a couple of things that I didn’t like though, I don’t think I’ve ever spoken of them on here. In 2018 when I was looking to buy my first 5th Gen I wanted an 2SS/RS ABM with GM GFX and there was no substitute I would accept. I looked on and off for about 6-8 months and ended up getting the old car. It had been hit right behind the driver door below the gills in 2015. I knew it had been hit via carfax before I bought it. It still had clear over spray all over it three years after the repairs. Pretty much the whole entire drives side had been painted/blended. After a couple rounds of paint correction I was able to get the paint 90% better but it was never going to be the same a factory paint. The clear texture wasn’t right. I lived with it and made the best of it but I was never satisfied with body work to repair the damage and the paint work to cover it up.

Also I always preferred the ever illusive grey interior over the straight black. The trade came down to those things as well as the mileage and GFX. 70K on the old car vs. 2900 on the new one was hard to pass up. I don’t drive it much at all so it will last for a LONG time. I’ve known of a black GFX kit new in box for a couple years and was able to talk a buddy out of it so that solved that part of it as well. I wouldn’t have traded it in if I didn’t have a line on a complete GFX kit. I was able to get a brand new dovetail from a GM dealer in TX shortly after trading in and I’ve got a set of ‘21 ZL1 wheels and tires lined up for it too. As bad ass as the old car was, bear with me. This one is going to be even better. The sun roof on the new car is cool too. I didn’t think I’d like it but I actually do.

3000 mile climate controlled garage kept, ABM paint is sure a thing of beauty. When these cars came out I wanted a brand new one so bad but at 22 and freshly married it wasn’t in the cards. I had the chance to buy as new of an ABM as is probably left and I took it. No regrets.
I hear you on all of that, going though the repaint issues. I always liked Gray, and Tan interior the most on ABM because of how they looked with ABM exterior. It sounds like you got a real super rare find with the condition. I have no doubts your new car will be beautiful when it’s done look forward to seeing pics of your progress with it.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:06 AM   #7392
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
grey leather and that beautiful blue is killer imho.
you made the right choice dude. love the car big time.

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!