#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2022, 11:48 AM   #15
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Sorry, have to agree that people with the uber-muscle version of these cars like Hellcats, ZL1s and GT 500s do tend to floor it a lot more than most drivers at least where I live. I have ZLE and I notice it.

Standard muscle cars like Mustang GTs and Camaro SS not as much, but the supercharged power seems to be too much to resist for most young guys driving these cars. You hear them all day from miles away with modded exhausts.

If Eco cars are "flooring it" as much or more I dont know if I'd notice due to the unimpressive acceleration and quiet exhaust of most, the Tesla P100+ and Plaid owners are not flooring it much... there are many more than Hellcats in my neighborhood and I would notice as they passed me in blur.
It's the complete opposite here. Every chuckle-head and their uncle owns a loud Mustang or Challenger and are wailing on them all over the place. I can't talk, because I drove my SS like I stole it too. The 3 - 5 ZL1's/ZLE's I've come across in town, Shelby's, few Hellcats... they're all comparably very well behaved. I don't wail on the Z much either, certainly not like I did with the SS.

As far as other cars... (I wouldn't call them 'eco'), he's right. Every soccer mom/dad wants to race. Kia's and Nissans of every sort seem to be the most egregious here with the occasional Benz, Audi or Bummer.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #16
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
No matter what I drive, I drive it like I stole it. I wouldnt buy anything from me....although I do change the fluids more often than needed!
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #17
4thGenSSGuy

Drives: Camaro
Suggestions where to search?

Pros vs cons buying from a dealership?
4thGenSSGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #18
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
It's the complete opposite here. Every chuckle-head and their uncle owns a loud Mustang or Challenger and are wailing on them all over the place. I can't talk, because I drove my SS like I stole it too. The 3 - 5 ZL1's/ZLE's I've come across in town, Shelby's, few Hellcats... they're all comparably very well behaved. I don't wail on the Z much either, certainly not like I did with the SS.

As far as other cars... (I wouldn't call them 'eco'), he's right. Every soccer mom/dad wants to race. Kia's and Nissans of every sort seem to be the most egregious here with the occasional Benz, Audi or Bummer.
Wow really? I can't get anyone to run me in the RS3 out here. I even have the 1320video "F*ck Around and Find Out" license plate frame
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:18 PM   #19
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Just give it a little more time, the bubble is popping. Six months from now it will be a different market a year from now to be a super different market. Let inflation , the war , rising gas prices etc. work their magic. Trust me I’m an old guy. We’re not there yet but it’s coming
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 05:39 PM   #20
4thGenSSGuy

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Just give it a little more time, the bubble is popping. Six months from now it will be a different market a year from now to be a super different market. Let inflation , the war , rising gas prices etc. work their magic. Trust me I’m an old guy. We’re not there yet but it’s coming
Understood.

2008 Crash will be Disneyland compared to what is coming down the pike.
4thGenSSGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 01:56 AM   #21
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Wow really? I can't get anyone to run me in the RS3 out here. I even have the 1320video "F*ck Around and Find Out" license plate frame
They're not 'lining up to race', but definitely aggressive as all hell, especially if they notice me behind them. Lots of jackrabbit starts off of lights or chirping the tires, aggressive tailgating, BMW 330-something-or-other rocketing up my ass on an on-ramp, etc etc etc. There was even a crown vic that kept lighting up the tires sitting behind me at a light, it's all that kinda bizarre nonsense. I've only had the Z for a couple weeks so most of this was all in the SS.

It's like, "Buddy, I'm sitting here listening to Aerosmith waiting for the green. What's up your ass?"

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:27 PM   #22
KaMaRow

Drives: 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
You think that every owner of a muscle car just floors it every where they go is arrogant. I see people in eco cars and trucks flooring it more than the muscle car people.
Um not what I said but thanks for the insult. I said once they know they are trading it in IM am almost sure they dont baby it the last few days before trading it. IM sure its treated like a rental at that point. and if you read the posts after your yeah most peopel do drive it like they stole it and why I wont buy used sports cars or muscle cars.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:28 PM   #23
KaMaRow

Drives: 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
For what it's worth, the supercharger is damn near the only major drivetrain component that you can't tear up by dogging the hell out of the car.
I do know that the dealers who offer life time warranties on their cars they sell wont do it on the zl1 specifically because of the supercharger so for what that is worth.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:56 PM   #24
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaRow View Post
Um not what I said but thanks for the insult. I said once they know they are trading it in IM am almost sure they dont baby it the last few days before trading it. IM sure its treated like a rental at that point. and if you read the posts after your yeah most peopel do drive it like they stole it and why I wont buy used sports cars or muscle cars.
i dont think it was an insult

these cars are meant to be driven hard, absolutely no need to baby these cars. you dont need to treat it like fragile china. you know even gm warranties these at the track right? that kind of driving is 1000x more "hard" than what you can do in the last few days before you trade it in.

if you are going to baby the car, you might as well get a slow car, if you are going to drive it the same way.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:24 AM   #25
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
Lots of smoke coming out of you . Half of it is total b.s.
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #26
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Market prices coming down.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #27
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenSSGuy View Post
I'm searching too long for a 2017 to 2021 Automatic/Moon Roof ZL1.

Craigslist Florida has nothing.

All the other websites are slim pickings.

No interest buying from a dealer.

The market seems terrible for a buyer the last 2 years.

Also Corvettes.

Comments?

* Admins: Reposting this here. Apologies for any wrong doing.
Carmax, Vroom, Carvana
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 12:07 PM   #28
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil zl1 View Post
Lots of smoke coming out of you . Half of it is total b.s.
who are you responding to?
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote