Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-25-2022, 01:11 PM   #141
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidBlueZLE View Post
The first thing to do is to find a dealer that would accept it, I used Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. the code is only active for a couple of months so I would suggest inquiring about getting the code for the discount closer to or after your order is accepted by GM. I can't give codes as I am not an eligible employee, but I did contact this guy gmmerc5 who is on another forum that another member (VQ35DE) suggested to contact and he was generous enough to supply one. link to the thread below (post #6). not sure how many he can give out, so, can't say for sure if it will work when its time for your purchase, but it worked for me and others as well.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599622

Did they sell it to you at MSRP AND accept the GM supplier discount? I get the discount, and they are my local dealer as well (I am over in Lithia/Fishhawk).
I just bought an '18 ZLE, but thinking of putting a new one on order since the 6 months GM financial makes me keep the car will be up by the time a new one came in.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:37 PM   #142
RapidBlueZLE

Drives: 22 Camaro ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Did they sell it to you at MSRP AND accept the GM supplier discount? I get the discount, and they are my local dealer as well (I am over in Lithia/Fishhawk).
I just bought an '18 ZLE, but thinking of putting a new one on order since the 6 months GM financial makes me keep the car will be up by the time a new one came in.

Yes, MSRP on my car was $76,135. car on paperwork was $73,010 before all the taxes and a dealer fee of 599. total OTD was $78,550. Also, They seem to do a lot of cars and had no issue getting an allocation. For example, my car took only 3 months and 6 days from day of deposit to delivery, and my car has things usually noted as constrained (1LE & PDR).
Old 01-25-2022, 01:59 PM   #143
HoodCheck

Quote:
Yes, MSRP on my car was $76,135. car on paperwork was $73,010 before all the taxes and a dealer fee of 599. total OTD was $78,550. Also, They seem to do a lot of cars and had no issue getting an allocation. For example, my car took only 3 months and 6 days from day of deposit to delivery, and my car has things usually noted as constrained (1LE & PDR).
Oh nice, I might have to visit them in that case. I swore I'd never buy from them after a truck deal went awry (caused by the mgr at the time), and an issue where they stated I needed a new clutch on a Z/28 with 3.6k miles on it at the time due to an "abnormally high shift point", which I later learned is freakin normal (and the new clutch was the exact same). LOTS of money thrown out the door for nothing, and not even so much as an apology, partial refund, or anything. I still use them for service though since the other dealership around me has a horrible reputation for their service, leaving me without much choice.
BUT, if they are actually doing MSRP and GM supplier, then I just might go back lol.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:32 PM   #144
RapidBlueZLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Oh nice, I might have to visit them in that case. I swore I'd never buy from them after a truck deal went awry (caused by the mgr at the time), and an issue where they stated I needed a new clutch on a Z/28 with 3.6k miles on it at the time due to an "abnormally high shift point", which I later learned is freakin normal (and the new clutch was the exact same). LOTS of money thrown out the door for nothing, and not even so much as an apology, partial refund, or anything. I still use them for service though since the other dealership around me has a horrible reputation for their service, leaving me without much choice.
BUT, if they are actually doing MSRP and GM supplier, then I just might go back lol.

Well dang, that sucks. I cant really comment on their servicing side as I havent used them and I do not plan on using them for service as i will just use one of the dealers in Orlando. But the ordering and purchase process was very good and super easy on this car. Also, they offered the best price for this vehicle (MSRP no markups and would accept GM supplier discount). I emailed quite a few dealers prior to choosing them. most wanted a markup at an amount TBD based on "market" when it actually got delivered. never asked others about accepting discount because I wasnt going to order a car and pay over MSRP.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:07 PM   #145
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
I'm curious if you talked to Carl Black or Starling and what did they tell you. I was in Carl Black today getting warranty work on my wife's Blazer and saw a pre-owned 2020 2SS but they don't have any new ones.
Odabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:42 PM   #146
HoodCheck

Quote:
Well dang, that sucks. I cant really comment on their servicing side as I havent used them and I do not plan on using them for service as i will just use one of the dealers in Orlando. But the ordering and purchase process was very good and super easy on this car. Also, they offered the best price for this vehicle (MSRP no markups and would accept GM supplier discount). I emailed quite a few dealers prior to choosing them. most wanted a markup at an amount TBD based on "market" when it actually got delivered. never asked others about accepting discount because I wasnt going to order a car and pay over MSRP.
Thats really awesome to know. I'm glad I read this thread to find that out and ask you directly!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:54 PM   #147
maddad50

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

I will have the first one possible.
If they can put together a 700hp Escalade for two maybe the years they can def put together a blackwing camaro. Seriously just to bust fords balls.
maddad50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:30 PM   #148
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Hi all,

So anxious to get my new ZLE. GM shows it as 4300 in their event coding. Dealer thinks it may be stuck waiting for transport with all the ugly snow/storms hitting the Midwest. I am hoping it gets delivered before another month passes.

Looking over this thread l see a lot of reference to the Z28. I also had a ‘15 Z28. I loved the car but it’s lack of amenities and what l considered the wrong 1st gear ratio of 2.66 was a big factor in me going to an ‘18 ZLE. Well, the extra 150 hp was also a factor!!!

I wish GM would have offered the ZLE with the Torsen and 3.91 rear gears like the Z28 had!!

Really missing my ‘18 ZLE!!!
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:12 AM   #149
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
Says who? Not confirmed .
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:45 AM   #150
RapidBlueZLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odabo View Post
I'm curious if you talked to Carl Black or Starling and what did they tell you. I was in Carl Black today getting warranty work on my wife's Blazer and saw a pre-owned 2020 2SS but they don't have any new ones.

I did not email Carl Black directly, since when i built my car that i wanted to order on Chevy's website, they were one of the dealers i selected that were near me to inquire a quote from... never got an email or response from them. I actually was thinking of using them for servicing though as I have heard their servicing department is good from a couple of people.

I spent a couple weeks corresponding with various dealers prior to choosing Stingray. as for how i chose dealers to email, since i wasnt going to contact every dealer. I started by looked for ones that had vehicles listed at close to MSRP (not just camaros) for vehicles on lot, figured how they price their inventory would be indicative of how they would price ordered vehicles as well.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:03 PM   #151
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Some additional ZLE's were built this week, the week of January 31. My order was finally assigned a VIN. Btw, my TPW was last changed to 1/10 (after two postponed date changes) and was built on 1/31. Hope to take delivery in February.
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:50 PM   #152
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
My dealer pulled up this cool map that showed where on the map my vehicle was sitting. It was just outside of Atlanta riding on a rail. It is due to arrive near a rail yard about 40 miles away, and then will get delivered via transport truck to the dealership. The ETA is in about 10-15 days. The salesman told me 8 weeks after the order was picked up, and if it arrives when he last stated, it'll be 2 days before his original guess. I couldn't be happier. My order was placed Dec. 8th and picked up on Dec. 16th if anyone needs a reference.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #153
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
My dealer pulled up this cool map that showed where on the map my vehicle was sitting. It was just outside of Atlanta riding on a rail. It is due to arrive near a rail yard about 40 miles away, and then will get delivered via transport truck to the dealership. The ETA is in about 10-15 days. The salesman told me 8 weeks after the order was picked up, and if it arrives when he last stated, it'll be 2 days before his original guess. I couldn't be happier. My order was placed Dec. 8th and picked up on Dec. 16th if anyone needs a reference.
Awesome! Glad to hear people getting their cars. You can also track your car via the OnStar application and 'locate my vehicle.' I did that for a while and could tell it was sitting at the lot at Lansing Grand River hanging out until they trucked it the 2 hours over to Detroit.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:02 PM   #154
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlok View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear people getting their cars. You can also track your car via the OnStar application and 'locate my vehicle.' I did that for a while and could tell it was sitting at the lot at Lansing Grand River hanging out until they trucked it the 2 hours over to Detroit.

How would that work if you haven't taken delivery of the vehicle? So you can track any vehicle with a VIN? I hope not, as it sounds kind of creepy. Although, I can see a security lapse by GM.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote