Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-18-2021, 12:42 AM   #1
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Suggestion on oil pump, transmission cooler and pulley.

Looking for some help on some parts. Got the gpi ss2 vvt cam and still waiting on the lifters and trunnion set but wanted to get some input on some decent oil pumps, transmission coolers and under drive pulley. All of this is gonna be installed next year because I plan on getting suspension done as well and want it all done in one go. Was looking at the zl1 oil pump but curious on where to get it and it see quite a few underdrive pulleys but not sure which one would be suitable for some extra power. Already have a circle d torque converter waiting to be installed as well, just mainly focused on these 3 parts or if they even are needed.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:19 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I changed my oil pump 3 times because of low idle pressure. First with the M365 then with the M10295. And both did nothing for idle pressure. Even the 10295 didn't increase the pressure all that much. So then I got the M10355HV and wow what a great pump. I went from 15 psi at idle when hot in gear to 30 psi. I also installed the high pressure spring in it also and now anything over like 1200 rpm I have over 50 psi. I also plugged the oil bypass relief valve in the pan. So I would strongly recommend the Melling 10355HV.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #3
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Powerbond for the pulley - on a 2010/2011 it's a guaranteed 8 RWHP gain.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:57 PM   #4
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
As for the transmission cooler TruCool and B&M are good options, I have also been exploring Flex A Lite as well as I have been really interested in their radiators. TruCool has a neat technology that allows for your trans fluid to warm up properly without using any thermostat housings. It just uses the properties of the fluid to bypass the cooling in a sense while it gets up to temp. A trans cooler is really important for auto trans, heat is the main reason they slowly begin to die. If you tend to engine brake a lot, know that when done in an auto trans it creates more heat. I had read from a forum member here to to add the trans cooler in series rather than by pass the "trans cooler" that is built into the oem radiator. If you do choose to upgrade your radiator know that a series cannot be done as some radiators do not have the same feature as the oem radiator.

You should also consider looking into oil coolers, the mix of a trans and oil cooler will be substantially enough to see under hood temps decrease.
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #5
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Yes^^^^. I totally agree. I have a SS1 cam and stock stall and my tranny didn't like it at all. I'm guessing that since I have the SS1 cam fighting the converter all the time and increased line pressure that's why my temperature would go up to 210*-220*. I installed the tru cool 40k and now even in the 90's I only get up to 160*-170*. And I did run mine through the radiator before the cooler also. It is really a great cooler. It even warms up really quick too.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote