#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Trunk divider, I am your DADDY

The gosh darned trunk divider that must be attached for the top to go down... what a pain in the posterior region.

The divider has been defeated by that wondrous magic we call MAGNETISM.

A magnet removed from the carcass of a deceased hard drive, a length of twist tie... and your work is done. The twist tie is counter wrapped around the magnet and also the trunk post to keep it in place, said "device" can be removed and leave nary a trace as NOTHING is glued, stapled, riveted or welded into place.

Field tested on a '19 (the best looking year, natch') and works good.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
The gosh darned trunk divider that must be attached for the top to go down... what a pain in the posterior region.

The divider has been defeated by that wondrous magic we call MAGNETISM.

A magnet removed from the carcass of a deceased hard drive, a length of twist tie... and your work is done. The twist tie is counter wrapped around the magnet and also the trunk post to keep it in place, said "device" can be removed and leave nary a trace as NOTHING is glued, stapled, riveted or welded into place.

Field tested on a '19 (the best looking year, natch') and works good.

Good idea. I wonder if you took the unit off, looks like one screw, and put the magnet inside if that would work.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:20 AM   #3
Blue_6.2
Banned

It might... I stopped at that point because it did what I wanted it to do: let me drop the top without having to get out of the car to reset that estupido divider panel.

If you pull the cover you may find the magnetic switch is located inside that housing, thereby "opening a new can of worms" if you have to open that assembly to get the magnet in there.

For my purposes, this issue is resolved, but I fully understand that some of you may want to investigate further, and I would be interested in your research and findings.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
I kind of like the divider warning myself. I daily drive my car and always put random things in the trunk here and there. Sometimes I do put my golf clubs or other things in the trunk and forget they are there. That warning helps me make sure I don’t accidentally crush the top against things in the trunk.

I can totally understand it being annoying too, but I look on the positive side of it being a helpful reminder. Great solution though! Would love if someone who was way more innovative and hands on than me created a camera or method of “detecting” of objects were in the way instead of the divider...but I’d rather not have this car become even more expensive. ��
Old 07-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #5
Blue_6.2
Banned

I got a fell set of Connies put on at my dealer yesterday. The service manager was impressed by the amount of engineering on display.

Tags
bacon, divider, magnet, miracle, science