Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 10-21-2020, 11:06 PM   #43
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
So $60K OTD for a Mustang that has only 480 HP, runs 12s, no heated seats...or get a ZL1 for roughly the same price. I'll take the "heavily discounted" ZL1 over this thing any day. It'll beat the Mach1 at everything and offer more in features.

Frod screwed up yet again if you ask me. Just another variation of the same cars. A PP2-ish suspension, 600+ HP supercharged engine, full features including big screen and subwoofers, and a tag around $62K and, although it still will lose to the ZL1, it would be a much better deal than this crap.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #44
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The grille looks pretty nice. And the color scheme is sweet. But I would have liked it to have a different hood. Preferably a Shaker like the New Edge Mach1s got. Otherwise not bad. Definitely gonna be a premium involved on it.

If you ask me, Ford should have kept in line with the SN95 GT > Bullitt > Mach1 > Cobra. These days that would mean the Mach1 getting a detuned version of the Predator engine. Maybe somewhere around 620-680 HP. Like how back in the day the Mach1 got the same (or a similar) DOHC engine as the Cobra but was just on a solid axle. It was far and away a much better performer than the GT was. But now it seems more like it's just a version of the GT instead of a version of the Cobra. But it still looks nice.
Don't hold me to it, I think they originally wanted to do a shaker hood, but since it was going to mess with the aero so they scrapped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I mean, the Mach 1 sure is a nice ride. But $58k? We're really getting away from the whole 'value proposition'.
I mean you can load a SS or GT or Challenger past 50K pretty easy when you start ticking option boxes.

Quote:
So $60K OTD for a Mustang that has only 480 HP, runs 12s, no heated seats...or get a ZL1 for roughly the same price. I'll take the "heavily discounted" ZL1 over this thing any day. It'll beat the Mach1 at everything and offer more in features.

Frod screwed up yet again if you ask me. Just another variation of the same cars. A PP2-ish suspension, 600+ HP supercharged engine, full features including big screen and subwoofers, and a tag around $62K and, although it still will lose to the ZL1, it would be a much better deal than this crap.
Like I said since the Mach 1 was announced, fair to criticize it for what it is.

I'll still stand by that its a better package than different sticker packages they been throwing at the camaro for the last few model years lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #45
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
What a disappointment. This car is priced at least $10K higher than what it is worth.

This has been my whole gripe with the S550 Mustang line, it is just too much money for what you get. Shocking what a bad buy the S550 is.

Oh well, not like they ever had me on the fence at these prices anyway. Like I said before, nobody can give you what Chevy can in this generation. You pay more for Ford, and get less.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:54 AM   #46
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Don't hold me to it, I think they originally wanted to do a shaker hood, but since it was going to mess with the aero so they scrapped it.

I mean you can load a SS or GT or Challenger past 50K pretty easy when you start ticking option boxes.

Like I said since the Mach 1 was announced, fair to criticize it for what it is.

I'll still stand by that its a better package than different sticker packages they been throwing at the camaro for the last few model years lol
The SS1LE exists and comes in at 7 grand less if you opt 2ss. Even less if its 1ss.
BluinSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:01 AM   #47
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
The SS1LE exists and comes in at 7 grand less if you opt 2ss. Even less if its 1ss.
It sure does, which is why I said this earlier in the thread

Quote:

Further cements to the value the the SS1LE is as well lol
I was simply responding the poster who said over 50K it gets out of the value these cars are "supposed" to have. I was simply saying you can option all of them up past 50 even without adding the Mach or 1LE
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 10-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #48
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
So the Mach 1 is a better package than a package that only contains cosmetic changes?

I sure hope you don't work in a marketing department somewhere...

Man, Ford sure set the bar high with this one: "We really have to offer better performance than those decals over there.."

How about we compare the Mach 1 to something similar in content from a rival company.

The base Camaro already came with a better suspension, better MRC tuning, a Tremec trans, and all the coolers back in 2016. Then came the 1LE, which added and eDiff and available PDR. Still don't see those on the Mach 1. You do get extra HP which is always great.

The reality is that the Mach 1 is all the stuff the Mustang should have had since the S550 launch. The coolers and some other upgrades could have been part of a track or performance package to keep the base GT down in price. Not everyone needs track coolers

Now, years later Ford wants YOU the customer to pay big bucks for them to fix their mistakes. Why should I have to upgrade to get the Tremec, the MT82 should have been dropped years ago? Or a suspension that came from a 70's waterbed. I have to pay for Ford to fix that crap?

For the record, I love the Mach 1, but not at this price, and I feel the Mach 1 should have been the initial S550 GT PP (minus the HP upgrade, as that wasn't out yet). Simple as that...

Last edited by whiteboyblues2001; 10-22-2020 at 10:09 AM.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #49
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
So the Mach 1 is a better package than a package that only contains cosmetic changes?

I sure hope you don't work in a marketing department somewhere...

Man, Ford sure set the bar high with this one: "We really have to offer better performance than those decals over there.."

How about we compare the Mach 1 to something similar in content from a rival company.

The base Camaro already came with a better suspension, better MRC tuning, a Tremec trans, and all the coolers back in 2016. Then came the 1LE, which added and eDiff and available PDR. Still don't see those on the Mach 1. You do get extra HP which is always great.

The reality is that the Mach 1 is all the stuff the Mustang should have had since the S550 launch. The coolers and some other upgrades could have been part of a track or performance package to keep the base GT down in price. Not everyone needs track coolers

Now, years later Ford wants YOU the customer to pay big bucks for them to fix their mistakes. Why should I have to upgrade to get the Tremec, the MT82 should have been dropped years ago? Or a suspension that came from a 70's waterbed. I have to pay for Ford to fix that crap?

For the record, I love the Mach 1, but not at this price, and I feel the Mach 1 should have been the initial S550 GT PP (minus the HP upgrade, as that wasn't out yet). Simple as that...
let me clarify-by better package what I meant was this.

Both cars are late in their development cycle. Ford to keep interest up has made a new model/package that offers performance upgrades over the regular GT. Is it just a bunch of the best parts in the bin? Yes it is. Is it fair to criticize that it's just fixing things yes. But it's more than just a decal package.

Chevy, has introduced sticker and graphics packages, some which cost a few thousand dollars. Gotta love those Redline editions and Satin Steel packages

I have said numerous times the 1LE is the better value, and most likely still the better performer.

Maybe better package wasn't the right word for me to use. Better effort to keep interest up is probably what I should have said.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #50
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
let me clarify-by better package what I meant was this.

Both cars are late in their development cycle. Ford to keep interest up has made a new model/package that offers performance upgrades over the regular GT. Is it just a bunch of the best parts in the bin? Yes it is. Is it fair to criticize that it's just fixing things yes. But it's more than just a decal package.

Chevy, has introduced sticker and graphics packages, some which cost a few thousand dollars. Gotta love those Redline editions and Satin Steel packages

I have said numerous times the 1LE is the better value, and most likely still the better performer.

Maybe better package wasn't the right word for me to use. Better effort to keep interest up is probably what I should have said.
I got what you said, and you do have a point that decal packages can be cool, but a significant performance upgrade will always be more to potential performance car enthusiasts in a performance car market. For sure.

But, it's just sad that we couldn't have had the best of both worlds. Something that started out as sorted out as the Camaro, then add even more performance later like the Mustang is doing now.

If I was buying right now, it would still be an SS, just not sure if it would be manual/auto and 1LE or not. If there was no Camaro at all, I would look at the Mach 1 and dream of a reliable GT350R.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #51
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I got what you said, and you do have a point that decal packages can be cool, but a significant performance upgrade will always be more to potential performance car enthusiasts in a performance car market. For sure.

But, it's just sad that we couldn't have had the best of both worlds. Something that started out as sorted out as the Camaro, then add even more performance later like the Mustang is doing now.

If I was buying right now, it would still be an SS, just not sure if it would be manual/auto and 1LE or not. If there was no Camaro at all, I would look at the Mach 1 and dream of a reliable GT350R.
Thankfully that is not the world we live in. Would be rough to be a Ford Fan Boi right now, would have to spend a lot more money than GM made us spend.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #52
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Kinda weird that they couldn't work that out after all this time. Afterall, GM and Dodge both have vented hoods. Surely they could have designed something.

Quote:
But at those prices you are also getting a ton of features. It doesn't look like the Mach1 at an over $60K OTD price includes heated seats etc or any of the stuff you can get with Dodge and GM. Like a sunroof.

Quote:

And at the sticker price how will it measure up to GM and Dodge? When you're in 700+HP and 650HP cars from the competition, what are you getting out of the Mustang?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:06 PM   #53
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
No friggin way is the Mach 1 a $10-15K better car. No way.
It's definitely not $10-$15k a better car. At this point you can't even say it's a better car period.
Quote:
So in what way is the Mach 1 package better than the 1LE package that has been offered of the Camaro the last few model years?!? I'm listening.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:51 PM   #54
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
How about if it had 120 more hp? Say 600hp? For 58k, would that be worth it?
I think that would put it more in the ball park, also needs modest interior features
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #55
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
It's definitely not $10-$15k a better car. At this point you can't even say it's a better car period.

So in what way is the Mach 1 package better than the 1LE package that has been offered of the Camaro the last few model years?!? I'm listening.
Does anybody read the whole threads anymore lol. I have said numerous times in this thread, the 1LE will most likely still be the better performer, and is 100% the better value.

As I explained a few posts above, this late in the product cycle you need stuff to keep the model relevant. I also even said package was probably not the right word. As I said when I replied to whiteboy, what I should have said was better effort to keep the model relevant.

Ford introduced a new performance model. Chevy introduced the shock and steel package for 3500 bucks. Which of those you think generates more excitement?

Quote:
Kinda weird that they couldn't work that out after all this time. Afterall, GM and Dodge both have vented hoods. Surely they could have designed something.
I think it had something to do with the hood having a cut out in it vs being vented or scoops molded into the hood. That and I think they knew it wasn't going to be functional. I will try to find the article where they talked about it.

Quote:
But at those prices you are also getting a ton of features. It doesn't look like the Mach1 at an over $60K OTD price includes heated seats etc or any of the stuff you can get with Dodge and GM. Like a sunroof.
You may be right, theres really no info out on the car other than base price and handling pack price and thats it. So that remains to be seen but again valid point

Quote:
And at the sticker price how will it measure up to GM and Dodge? When you're in 700+HP and 650HP cars from the competition, what are you getting out of the Mustang?
Very true and valid.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #56
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
How about if it had 120 more hp? Say 600hp? For 58k, would that be worth it?
I think that would put it more in the ball park, also needs modest interior features
With the lack of content(features), I would still have to say no. $63K gets you a ZL1, 50 more HP and a ton more TQ, plus standard features including Recaros, heated and ventilated, heating steering wheel, BLIS, etc....thats more than $5K in value.

I will concede it isnt fair comparing the Camaro to the Mustang because GM has had the benefit of the Corvette to share costs with, but in the end of the day they are direct competitors so for a non-biased buyer it makes a big difference.