Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-08-2020, 11:25 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Disney Pixar parade features character Camaros

Disney parade has wrapped Camaros in character themes!

https://wdwnt.com/2020/07/photos-vid...ywood-studios/

KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:43 AM   #2
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
That's pretty cool. If you head to the Disney WORLD in Florida they have a Chevy exhibit inside Epcot. A little demo of testing braking, sliding, and acceleration. Followed up by some show room cars.

Last edited by Spartan268; 10-13-2020 at 01:42 PM. Reason: ember1205 schooled me on the difference
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Disney parade has wrapped Camaros in character themes!
They have actually been doing this for quite a while and change up the wraps. They had also been doing this with Gen5 cars, too! I believe that these are all primarily at Hollywood Studios.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
That's pretty cool. If you head to the Disneyland in Florida they have a Chevy exhibit inside Epcot. A little demo of testing braking, sliding, and acceleration. Followed up by some show room cars.
Disneyland is California, Disney World is Florida.

The "exhibit" is Test Track. It has long been GM-sponsored but was changed over to be Chevy-sponsored when they did the updates on the ride five or six years ago. There is not real "demo" of anything - it's all just part of the ride and they pass it off as those things. I believe that the vehicles displayed at the end of the ride are all non-performance vehicles although they did add a C8.

FWIW, Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure (Disneyland Resort) is built on the same ride technology but is a completely different (and much cooler) experience than Test Track.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #5
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Disneyland is California, Disney World is Florida.

The "exhibit" is Test Track. It has long been GM-sponsored but was changed over to be Chevy-sponsored when they did the updates on the ride five or six years ago. There is not real "demo" of anything - it's all just part of the ride and they pass it off as those things. I believe that the vehicles displayed at the end of the ride are all non-performance vehicles although they did add a C8.

FWIW, Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure (Disneyland Resort) is built on the same ride technology but is a completely different (and much cooler) experience than Test Track.
Nahh they've had a C7 Vette and a convertible SS Camaro there a few times we've gone. Along with the usual fodder; Colorado, Silverado, etc. Went for our honeymoon last Dec but didn't get to TT this time. Test Track is fun, but our kids always make the dumbest cars. The wife and I just try and get our own and let the kids make a mess of whatever they're doing.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Nahh they've had a C7 Vette and a convertible SS Camaro there a few times we've gone. Along with the usual fodder; Colorado, Silverado, etc. Went for our honeymoon last Dec but didn't get to TT this time. Test Track is fun, but our kids always make the dumbest cars. The wife and I just try and get our own and let the kids make a mess of whatever they're doing.
I can't remember if there was a C7 when we were there last January (2019) or what was there at all even then, in November, or this past January (2020). Since I hadn't really been thinking about the Camaro during our last trip, it likely wouldn't have been something for me to key in on.

As far as the car-making: A) Can't do it now as all of touch-screen stuff is basically shut down and the "showroom" only recently re-opened and B) Everyone should always be able to make their own from what I've seen.

I think the format of Radiator Springs Racers is significantly more fun although there's ZERO interactive stuff in that queue and the lines are crazy long.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
LOL.

Driving in a convertible with a mask on.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
LOL.

Driving in a convertible with a mask on.
Better than a "staycation".
Old 10-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #9
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
In March they had a torch red C8 in the Test Track display of cars at the end.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #10
gpskinzhut

Quote:
I can't remember if there was a C7 when we were there last January (2019) or what was there at all even then, in November, or this past January (2020). Since I hadn't really been thinking about the Camaro during our last trip, it likely wouldn't have been something for me to key in on.

As far as the car-making: A) Can't do it now as all of touch-screen stuff is basically shut down and the "showroom" only recently re-opened and B) Everyone should always be able to make their own from what I've seen.

I think the format of Radiator Springs Racers is significantly more fun although there's ZERO interactive stuff in that queue and the lines are crazy long.
We've gone maybe 4 or 5 times since '13, the C7 was there on the first trip or two. The wife and I went alone another time (forgot what year) and took some pics in a yellow SS convertible. I think we have skipped it the last 2 trips because of the queue or being down.

I forgot about the C19 precautions & touch-screen stuff. That puts a damper on things. The other times we've done TT, they'd pair us up to build the cars.

I wish they'd bring Cars/RS to Orlando. I was scheduled to take a trip to LA early in the year and was going to hit Disney specifically for that but nixed the trip with everything hitting the fan. Haven't been to that park yet.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
Old 10-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #11
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
We've gone maybe 4 or 5 times since '13, the C7 was there on the first trip or two. The wife and I went alone another time (forgot what year) and took some pics in a yellow SS convertible. I think we have skipped it the last 2 trips because of the queue or being down.

I forgot about the C19 precautions & touch-screen stuff. That puts a damper on things. The other times we've done TT, they'd pair us up to build the cars.

I wish they'd bring Cars/RS to Orlando. I was scheduled to take a trip to LA early in the year and was going to hit Disney specifically for that but nixed the trip with everything hitting the fan. Haven't been to that park yet.
My job brings us together at the beginning of each year for a kick-off. The last two years was Orland, the two prior was Anaheim. Each time, I've flown in early or stayed late and had my mate join me.

This coming January was supposed to be LA and we were intending to do DLR again. With C19, those plans are all 100% off, but we're considering a very last-minute trip to WDW in the coming couple of weeks.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #12
gpskinzhut

Quote:
My job brings us together at the beginning of each year for a kick-off. The last two years was Orland, the two prior was Anaheim. Each time, I've flown in early or stayed late and had my mate join me.

This coming January was supposed to be LA and we were intending to do DLR again. With C19, those plans are all 100% off, but we're considering a very last-minute trip to WDW in the coming couple of weeks.
If I could figure out how to get work to foot some of the bill, I would be alllll over that!

Best of luck if you go, be safe.

Big big layoffs coming to the parks so it's going to be interesting to see how that effects everything. Some of the CMs were douchebags even before this all hit the fan. I don't expect they'll get better now, along with maintenance and upkeep.

2017 ZL1 A10
Old 10-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #13
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
If I could figure out how to get work to foot some of the bill, I would be alllll over that!

Best of luck if you go, be safe.

Big big layoffs coming to the parks so it's going to be interesting to see how that effects everything. Some of the CMs were douchebags even before this all hit the fan. I don't expect they'll get better now, along with maintenance and upkeep.
I believe that all of the layoffs from the most recent announcement have been communicated and those people are not actively working. Disney pushes really hard to maintain the cleanest image possible, and any CM's that aren't living up to the standard after all of these changes are going to find themselves out of a job quickly and replaced by someone else that is recalled that wants to do the job right.

More layoffs are looming, though. With FL allowing everything back to 100% capacity, though, I think the future layoffs will be driven predominantly by what Disney does to open capacity back up and how the public responds.

Our biggest concern for the entire trip is the plane ride.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #14
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I think the new C8 would be a perfect Lightning McQueen. I know the Vette really isn't NASCAR but he could make the switch to GT/LeMans.... he learned how to drive on dirt and backwards really well so I'm sure he can learn a whole new series
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote