Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2022, 03:20 PM   #239
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
If you can't daily drive a Camaro and you don't have little kids that require a car seat... you're probably ****ing up at life somewhere.
That's the thing most people who can afford cars like these have a family so they need the daily drivability. The last part of your statement doesn't really make sense but I've heard plenty of dumb stuff around here.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #240
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
they have already done this with the T4 and 6 cylinder cars.as a proud RS owner i can tell you i would not buy a 4 door.
You wouldn't, and I wouldn't, either, but there are quite a few people that would.

It's like Bronco and Bronco Sport now. The offroad people get their fix with the real Bronco, while people who just want a more mundane SUV that looks like a Bronco can get a Bronco Sport. There are more people in the latter camp.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:05 PM   #241
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
That's the thing most people who can afford cars like these have a family so they need the daily drivability. The last part of your statement doesn't really make sense but I've heard plenty of dumb stuff around here.
What are you doing with your daily life that you can't make it work with a Camaro? I've dailied a Lotus, several Vettes, a few M cars, and one AMG. I've hauled 8' lumber with my Camaro, a 55" TV in the Vette which has less space than the Camaro, and 75# of firewood.

Before I bought a beater truck I've even used a Vette and a Camaro to tow my racebike to the track.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:10 PM   #242
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
For good measure,

and My DD back in the day with a car seat in the back

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:41 PM   #243
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Yet here you are complaining about why so many are more interested in the Challenger. Ok so your getting rid of the SS but still are going to daily your plain EV? Your man card was taken long ago. Most that buy these cars also use them as daily drivers which is part of the reason the camaro has failed. Compared to the other 2 the Camaro is the worst at being a daily driver.

Wow, you sure are a bad interpreter of words. I actually don't mind that it sells less than the other two. I actually like it. Hell, I would prefer that the Camaro were even less popular. I see Chargers/Challengers/Camaros/Mustangs all over the place. I don't believe that my tastes need to be justified by numbers, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
For good measure,

and My DD back in the day with a car seat in the back

I had a 2006 and it seemed like the GTO crowd complained about Mustang outselling it as well, that and "Why don't the old school GTO guys think I drive a GTO?" I loved hearing one guy's response, "Well you're not driving a GTO either, you're driving a Tempest"
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:32 PM   #244
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
What are you doing with your daily life that you can't make it work with a Camaro? I've dailied a Lotus, several Vettes, a few M cars, and one AMG. I've hauled 8' lumber with my Camaro, a 55" TV in the Vette which has less space than the Camaro, and 75# of firewood.

Before I bought a beater truck I've even used a Vette and a Camaro to tow my racebike to the track.
For me? I go everywhere 10 months of the year with golf clubs in the trunk. Mocked by every non golfer on this site, lol. Gen5? 2 sets. C5/6 Corvette? No problem there. ATS coupe, sister to the Gen6, also 2 sets. Gen6? Only if you put the rear seat down which eliminates the crappy rear seat and results in a noisier car. Or pull your driver and keep it in the back seat.

I would have bought a 2016 if not for this. I would have accepted the horrid visibility to own a Camaro which I had wanted badly until I took my bag into the show room only to discover the trunk was just an inch short of a set of clubs. But that’s why a Gen6 isn’t a DF for me.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:41 PM   #245
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Wow, you sure are a bad interpreter of words. I actually don't mind that it sells less than the other two. I actually like it. Hell, I would prefer that the Camaro were even less popular. I see Chargers/Challengers/Camaros/Mustangs all over the place. I don't believe that my tastes need to be justified by numbers, but that's just me.

I had a 2006 and it seemed like the GTO crowd complained about Mustang outselling it as well, that and "Why don't the old school GTO guys think I drive a GTO?" I loved hearing one guy's response, "Well you're not driving a GTO either, you're driving a Tempest"
one of my previous cars was a 1966 tempest 2 door,hopped up with a 67 400,worked turbo 400,headers ,big cam and intake and carb from a 70 judge.with the a/c ripped out it was probably a couple hundred pounds lighter than the real GTOs and i did hurt some feelings with it.ive also had a honda del sol,pontiac solstice and a 67 mustang.i have to say my 5th gen RS is probably my favorite out of all of them.ive hauled mailbox posts,guitars and all kinds of stuff including grandkids with no problem,in fact im fixing to load up 4 guitars this weekend,maybe a rather large and heavy peavy amp too.i just dont know why the camaro didnt sell better.maybe an el camino or 2 door station wagon option would have helped.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:03 PM   #246
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
one of my previous cars was a 1966 tempest 2 door,hopped up with a 67 400,worked turbo 400,headers ,big cam and intake and carb from a 70 judge.with the a/c ripped out it was probably a couple hundred pounds lighter than the real GTOs and i did hurt some feelings with it.ive also had a honda del sol,pontiac solstice and a 67 mustang.i have to say my 5th gen RS is probably my favorite out of all of them.ive hauled mailbox posts,guitars and all kinds of stuff including grandkids with no problem,in fact im fixing to load up 4 guitars this weekend,maybe a rather large and heavy peavy amp too.i just dont know why the camaro didnt sell better.maybe an el camino or 2 door station wagon option would have helped.

I'd rock one of these if I was promised that I didn't have to have a Mullet.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:05 PM   #247
UnknownJinX

Quote:

Eh, if you need to grab furniture from Ikea, having a hatchback is awesome. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it could be frustrating if it doesn't fit.

Camaro's trunk opening is pretty small, which makes hauling wide stuff a bit difficult. I recently bought two dinner tables from Ikea along with 4 chairs and hauled it home with my Mazda3 hatchback with ease. I can't see that happening with my Camaro.

Past:
Old 01-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #248
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
For me? I go everywhere 10 months of the year with golf clubs in the trunk. Mocked by every non golfer on this site, lol. Gen5? 2 sets. C5/6 Corvette? No problem there. ATS coupe, sister to the Gen6, also 2 sets. Gen6? Only if you put the rear seat down which eliminates the crappy rear seat and results in a noisier car. Or pull your driver and keep it in the back seat.

I would have bought a 2016 if not for this. I would have accepted the horrid visibility to own a Camaro which I had wanted badly until I took my bag into the show room only to discover the trunk was just an inch short of a set of clubs. But that’s why a Gen6 isn’t a DF for me.
You could fold down the back seats to load the clubs through the cabin and then put the back seats back up. I get it's not as convenient, but unless you're literally golfing daily, this is at best a weekly chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Eh, if you need to grab furniture from Ikea, having a hatchback is awesome. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it could be frustrating if it doesn't fit.

Camaro's trunk opening is pretty small, which makes hauling wide stuff a bit difficult. I recently bought two dinner tables from Ikea along with 4 chairs and hauled it home with my Mazda3 hatchback with ease. I can't see that happening with my Camaro.
No one's going to Ikea daily. If I can afford a Camaro, I can afford shipping something from Ikea or renting a UHaul pickup for $20 + mileage or buying my buddy a case of beer and stealing his truck.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:58 PM   #249
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
You could fold down the back seats to load the clubs through the cabin and then put the back seats back up. I get it's not as convenient, but unless you're literally golfing daily, this is at best a weekly chore.

No one's going to Ikea daily. If I can afford a Camaro, I can afford shipping something from Ikea or renting a UHaul pickup for $20 + mileage or buying my buddy a case of beer and stealing his truck.

It does seem kind of odd what some people knock the Camaro for. I knew a guy that would use his Camaro to haul a Sea-Doo, which I found kind of odd, but I guess if his priorities were wanting a Camaro and a small watercraft, then that's his priorities. My priority with the Camaro is having an engaging drivers car before they're displaced by the EV wave. I won't DD the Camaro either, but my situation isn't everyone else's situation.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #250
UnknownJinX

Quote:
I realize that, but there are also downsides to the options you mentioned, mainly in that there is less flexibility. Again, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a bit annoying.

Even without picking up furniture, there are times where some items are too large for the trunk opening.

It's like the EV range anxiety. Do most people really need to drive more than 50 miles every day? Definitely not, but you still want that extra range. It's good to have it for that offchance you need it rather than not having it.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Camaro and it works quite well for me, but when you have a practical car, it's nice to not have to think "will this fit in my car?"

Past:
Old 01-27-2022, 09:06 PM   #251
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I do daily mine but it is a pain in the ass if your mailing large packages or taking wheels and tires to be mounted due to the lack of trunk space. I would've rather had them delete the rear seat and give me more trunk space and a bigger center console.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:18 PM   #252
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I'd rock one of these if I was promised that I didn't have to have a Mullet.

This could not "turn a corner" worth a shit either. But I would have rocked one in a second, mullet and all!

WHERE is this!!! IT is RHD and all!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote