Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #43
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Yeah, makes sense. Not a lot of people doing CF. Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #44
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Whatever happened to this? I'm in the market for a ZL1 carbon fiber spoiler right now and would rather not go through these QC problems if I can avoid it.

Dan

Last edited by Z/28Dan; 11-06-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #45
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
I ended up buying another one and returning the one I had. The second one was a little better but still wasn't perfect. I had a bodyshop fix what they could before they clear coated it. I'd say it's 99% perfect now.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #46
Z/28Dan

I'v searched for and read dozens of carbon fiber threads here. I have carbon fiber rockers and diffuser and I'm looking to add more, since I am a carbonoholic now, Lol.

My biggest concern is quality control. I don't want to pay these prices and get junk. I have no problem adding a clear coat to the pieces, but I want them to be excellent when I open the box.

Can someone tell me who's on first? What's on second? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

There's Anderson Composites.
There's Seibon.
There's G5.
There's Moreno Motorsports.

And then there's all the drop shippers. It is really confusing to try and decipher who actually makes the carbon fiber pieces and who has the best quality.

This is a slight thread drift here, but I'd like your opinion.

Thanks.

Dan
Old 11-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #47
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dan View Post
I'v searched for and read dozens of carbon fiber threads here. I have carbon fiber rockers and diffuser and I'm looking to add more, since I am a carbonoholic now, Lol.

My biggest concern is quality control. I don't want to pay these prices and get junk. I have no problem adding a clear coat to the pieces, but I want them to be excellent when I open the box.

Can someone tell me who's on first? What's on second? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

There's Anderson Composites.
There's Seibon.
There's G5.
There's Moreno Motorsports.

And then there's all the drop shippers. It is really confusing to try and decipher who actually makes the carbon fiber pieces and who has the best quality.

This is a slight thread drift here, but I'd like your opinion.

Thanks.
All of those are made by the same company lol. Maybe not G5 but the rest are lol. What I got was far from poor quality, it just wasn't perfect like it should have been for 600+ dollars.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #48
Z/28Dan

All made by the same company, but which company?

Dan
Old 11-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #49
JMichael

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1- Silver Ice
Seibon is the manufacturer. Moreno brothers owned G5 carbon and contracted directly with seibon to have parts made for the C5 camaros. When they were unable to continue on due to school commitments, they liquidated the remainder of their stock from seibon. Anderson then picked up the product line and began selling the parts as a distributor. I assume that seibon is still making the parts and they are being distributed through Anderson. This is my understanding. Parts that I have from seibon purchased through G5, were near perfect, and I had them all clear coated for UV protection and they came out great. Pricey though...
JMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #50
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Can you offer any discount on a Z28 style wing for a '14 ZL1?
Old 11-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #51
Z/28Dan

Thanks for chiming in, Anderson Composites! i have a few of your pieces on my ZL1 and will be adding more soon. In checking ebay, it looks like I can get better deals buying there instead of ordering directly from your website. Can you tell me why that is?

I'm specifically looking at a '13 ZL1 rear spoiler, tail light bezels and eventually a front splitter and hood. With that many pieces, the dollar savings is significant.

Dan
Old 11-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #52
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Composites View Post
We have a no-eBay policy for our dealers; this is to protect the integrity of the product, enable us to track claims, protect our MAP pricing and better serve our customers. It is possible for a wholesale dealer or dealer to buy from us and then re-sell to an eBay store. If you are confident the products are authentic and trust the seller to process any shipping damage and or claims then your eBay seller sounds like a good choice for you.
Hey Andy, it look like NRG down the street from you is selling all your parts in Ebay. We have brought this to AC attention multiple times, and they still keep doing it. We personally know, they don't own these parts and are reselling them but are just posting pictures.

Here is a link to their add for the CF sun roof replacement. This isn't even a part that has been even brought into production, LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camaro-10-15...item23655d02c8

http://stores.ebay.com/JRMProSeller/...4.l1513&_pgn=4

Hey guys, if your going to get these parts, we would appreciate if you get them from us since we sponsor the forum. Plus we are the reason these parts exist. We gave Seibon (now AC) over thirty parts to make for the Gen5 community.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #53
Z/28Dan

Moreno and Anderson: We appreciate you replying here and we appreciate you sponsoring the forum. I'm not sure what that entails dollar-wise, but I'm sure it is significant.

Thank you for the advice and I'll keep it in mind when I purchase the rest of my carbon fiber parts. The parts I have now are excellent--and they came direct from Anderson Composites.

Dan