Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #393
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
2018 Mustang GT is playing catch up to the 2016 Camaro SS, congrats to the Mustang crowd. But it is a shame that it got a nose job and gained another 10-15 lbs. At least now they can say they have 5 more hp and only 35 less ft/lbs. Almost everything else they successfully cloned from the Camaro 2SS.

The 10-speed on the GT will help make up for that extra 100lbs of curb weight the GT will still be lugging vs the SS. I think the Ford dialed in the 2018 GT to put down the same paper performance stats as the 16/17 SS. Good for them.

If Team Camaro really wants to strike back with the 2019 model and get some fresh rebuys going, then I offer a few obvious suggestions:
* 10-speed available on all V8 models
* 1LE available on automatic V8 models
* Increase power and torque by 5%
* Include flex fuel and provide maps that take advantage of it in Sport & Track modes (another 25/25 bump to 500hp/500tq advertised?)
* Copy Ford and offer NPP activation programming, tired of switching to Stealth via Snow/Ice when I get in the neighborhood -- having a speedo trigger or navigation geofence option would be great
* Find some more storage spaces inside the cabin
* Wireless charger that supports modern phones or ditch it for a longer/deeper center console bin
* Don't go crazy with the nose job and make sure actual Camaro owners that aren't second rate yes men are in your focus group panel
* Advertise
Yea... But then we'll have to listen to the fanboys say Camaro copied the Mustang with the 10 speed (even though it was in the ZL1 first). It's coming... I guarantee it.

As far as the 1LE being available in auto. I can all but guarantee that wont happen. You can get the suspension as an option already though. I'd just go with that and upgrade other little things as you go.

They haven't been known to bump power for refreshes in the recent past. But maybe? I wouldn't be upset if they did.

I doubt the flex fuel thing will ever happen. But that would be awesome.

I like the geofence idea. Alternatively I don't really give a crap about my neighbors hearing my exhaust at 5 in the morning. I have to hear their dog bark for 8-10 hours a day because no one will do anything about it. If anything give me a louder start up option.

Hell yes to more storage space. I can't fit my iphone 7 plus in the center console without putting a smaller/crappier case on it. This is a very terrible first world problem. I'd also add that opening the center console is very awkward and uncomfortable.

Would prefer wireless charging to be an option because I see it as a fad/gimmick, but I may be wrong and doubt that will happen.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #394
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
I am pretty sure I have seen one drive around my house, though ironically I typically only see ZL1/1LE M plates around me.

Lower from what I have seen and wider wheels. From what we know currently.

Big change is wheel width 9.5" front, 10" Rear which is listed speculation still exists on everything else.

TopNotch, a pretty reliable source mentioned Sport Cup 2 Tires. That's a pretty big departure from under tired mustangs.

This may explain the late availability. This plus magneride and different spring rates would definitely put it more inline with the 1LE. This would be exciting to see, as there is nothing within the 1LE price class that has parity with it.
If the sport cup 2 is true, that would really help. Ford has had bad habits of the mustang being undertired, even in performance models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Yea... But then we'll have to listen to the fanboys say Camaro copied the Mustang with the 10 speed (even though it was in the ZL1 first). It's coming... I guarantee it.

As far as the 1LE being available in auto. I can all but guarantee that wont happen. You can get the suspension as an option already though. I'd just go with that and upgrade other little things as you go.

They haven't been known to bump power for refreshes in the recent past. But maybe? I wouldn't be upset if they did.

I doubt the flex fuel thing will ever happen. But that would be awesome.

I like the geofence idea. Alternatively I don't really give a crap about my neighbors hearing my exhaust at 5 in the morning. I have to hear their dog bark for 8-10 hours a day because no one will do anything about it. If anything give me a louder start up option.

Hell yes to more storage space. I can't fit my iphone 7 plus in the center console without putting a smaller/crappier case on it. This is a very terrible first world problem. I'd also add that opening the center console is very awkward and uncomfortable.

Would prefer wireless charging to be an option because I see it as a fad/gimmick, but I may be wrong and doubt that will happen.
IIRC If you want to be technical, the Raptor had the 10-speed first LOL, but does it really matter since it was developed by Ford and GM?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #395
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Definitely the time to buy if you're wanting a Mustang but don't really care for the refresh.
I'm not a big Mustang fan but I don't hate them either.
There's some seriously good deals out there right now.
For $26k for the Mustang GT, even at that price, that is a good beater car.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #396
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
If the sport cup 2 is true, that would really help. Ford has had bad habits of the mustang being undertired, even in performance models.

IIRC If you want to be technical, the Raptor had the 10-speed first LOL, but does it really matter since it was developed by Ford and GM?
+1

On top of that, Mustang was the first pony car independent suspension, and to have a supercharged variant... I'm sure you can go for days for either, in the end it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #397
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
+1

On top of that, Mustang was the first pony car independent suspension, and to have a supercharged variant... I'm sure you can go for days for either, in the end it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Or you could just go all the way back to the beginning. When the Camaro was a copy of the first pony car.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #398
MrNoMercy5000

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Ah ok that is cool. Course as quiet as the GTs with stock exhaust are now...I wonder how loud it actually will be.
I thought I read somewhere that the Mustang was so quiet they were feeding sound back into the cabin to make it seem louder.
MrNoMercy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #399
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Or you could just go all the way back to the beginning. When the Camaro was a copy of the first pony car.
Actually, the Mustang was NOT the first "Pony Car"...the Plymouth Barracuda was.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #400
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, the Mustang was NOT the first "Pony Car"...the Plymouth Barracuda was.
The term Pony car wasn't even created til after the Mustang took the Market by storm. Are you telling me that Chevy created the Camaro to chase the 22,000 cuda sales and not the million Mustang sales? Ford sold more Mustangs on the first day it took orders than Chrysler sold all year in 64.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #401
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
The term Pony car wasn't even created til after the Mustang took the Market by storm. Are you telling me that Chevy created the Camaro to chase the 22,000 cuda sales and not the million Mustang sales? Ford sold more Mustangs on the first day it took orders than Chrysler sold all year in 64.
What I'm saying is that the Barracuda was considered a "Pony car" regardless of when the term was created or which car inspired the term. Since The Cuda was out before the Camaro and Mustang, and since it is a Pony Car, then technically it is the first Pony Car...or the first car of it's kind. Sure the Camaro was created to combat the Mustang. But that has nothing to do with the fact that the Cuda came out first and is in the same definition.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #402
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I think the new Mustang will grow on a lot of people! I remember when I first laid eyes on the 2015 Mustang (V6 platform) and I was like ...."bla" .... But as I saw more and then seeing the GT in person, I was like "Ok looks good!" ...

I gotta say when I see the GT350 in person, I'm like "Damn, one day eh?" ....Good looking car! I'm not gonna lie here but the one thing I DON'T like about the 2016/17 Camaro is the Quarter Window...I thought they shaped it kinda funny eh?

Anyways I do like the tail lights on the 2018 Mustang and I'm sure the front will grow on all of us! I'm sure once aftermarket parts come out, everyone will sing a different tune and ...they will and will come out fast at a far cheaper rate than Camaro parts.

I feel like every single part for our 6th Gen Camaro is WAY OVERPRICED and it really upsets me because I want to have cool exterior parts but can't afford them (like many of you fans also).

We'll have to wait and see! I can tell you that I'm excited to see an actual 2018 Mustang race a 2017 Camaro SS! I'm VERY excited...What I hope is a shock where the Camaro wins again, but I doubt it.
GT PP 10A DRAG MODE to do what every SS will do standard in 0-60. Will it run a 12.3-12.4? We don't know. Do they have a comparable car to the 1LE with the PP2? We don't know. There are a lot of things about its performance we don't know. I can forgive the bad face lift. I personally don't like it but thsts just my opinion. One thing for sure though is that the GT is no longer a performance "bargain" compared to the SS.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #403
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
Now the stang is as quick as the 6th gen, if not quicker. Plus it looks better. Profit.
The gt500 will bury the zl1 in every freakin' aspect. Probably expect for handling, but who really gives a damn about it.
The upcoming 19' camaro must get some serious visual changes, otherwise we're ucked, till the 7th gen.
P.s. Few years ago I was waiting for the 6th gen so much, who knew that they would release the ugliest camaro ever...
What year GT500? The 2019?

Here it says supercharged 5.0 , not the 7.0 naturally aspirated like I have been seeing elsewhere....current article:

http://speedtwitch.com/new-gt500-wil...0hp-630-lb-ft/

I think the ZL1 will do just fine.....

BTW: I think my Camaro looks awesome:
Name:  Smoked 4.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  373.9 KB
Old 08-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #404
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
I don't know if you guys realize.....but Chevy and Ford have been working together to make the A8 and A10 transmissions:
(ford needs all the help they can get...lol)

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...nsmission.html

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...transmiss.aspx
Old 08-02-2017, 09:31 AM   #405
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoMercy5000 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the Mustang was so quiet they were feeding sound back into the cabin to make it seem louder.
Camaro also utilizes an induction sound tube. It works in exactly the same way, piping noise from the intake tract through the firewall.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #406
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoMercy5000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Camaro also utilizes an induction sound tube. It works in exactly the same way, piping noise from the intake tract through the firewall.
Right, almost every "sporty" car today uses a similar setup. The reason is engine bay sound insulation is much better today. This caused complaints from customers that they couldn't tell the engine was running or that they were revving it out. Pumping in intake sounds is one thing, but some are using an electronic "fake" sound as well. I think the worst example of this was the Fiat Abarth 500. Or maybe it was a Renault. One had selections for different engine sounds which was cheesy to say the least.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote