#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 05-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
"Lotus 49 Cosworth"

That's the Lotus 49 powered by the Ford/Cosworth 3.0L naturally aspirated DFV, or "Double Four Valve". The DFV was made by essentially mating two 4 cylinder engines at the crankcase.

The DFV debuted in the Lotus 49 in 1967 at the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort. Jimmy Clark won the race with it, as well as three others Grands Prix that season. It put out about 400 bhp, not gross hp like US cars were rated in at the time. Mighty 3.0L.

The Lotus 49 was notable for making the engine part of the chassis, and the DFV was notable for winning 155 out of 262 races between '67 and '85: 59% of the races it was entered in.

Clark, almost certainly Monza, 1967:

Hill 1967, I don't know what track:

Clark airborne at the Flugplatz, Nurburgring 1967. This was not uncommon. The cars didn't have seatbelts:
Old 05-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #16
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Its a fun game But the motion blur does go a bit overboard for me i need to see if i can turn it off or something cause it can be distracting. So far the driving feels pretty real cause when i went to regular karts to supercarts that have wings and downforce u can feel the grip when the downforce is making the kart stick to the road its neat. But i wish they did a lil more with Career mode as if all i am doing is waiting till the end of seasons and seeing what contracts for what series and race team to race for if i do well or not.

So that is kinda like rinse and repeat no matter the series your in. But the racing is fun and u can make it extremely hard to win a race. But i feel this game is more for the gearhead who like to tweak the car to their race and feel to be comfy and not more for people who just want to race and stuff.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #17
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Downloaded the latest update and made some suggested changes to the controller setup and the issues steering with controller now seem to have been resolved.

Absolutely loving it now.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #18
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I'm playing on a PS4 and had to turn down the steering sensitivity from 50 (the default) to 4 before the steering was smooth. I'm having a blast with this game. The sounds are terrific; especially having the radio communications from the pit coming through the controller! I love the weather effects although they're a genuine pain sometimes; getting caught out on the track with dry tires and having it start to rain gets rather exciting. It's a challenge to get back to the pits and switch to rain tires but the sense of realism is great. The water drops on the camera; the sound of the rain hitting the windshield at speed; the rooster tails off the tires of the cars in front of you; the way the brake lights reflect in a stretched out way on the wet road surface...truly beautiful. I also like the way they did late evening sun glare (although it's a royal pain driving straight into the glare of a setting sun). The evening rays "glittering" through the trees and leaves as you speed by is really well done.

I'm sure there'll be more cars added. The game just came out. Being able to drive old Formula 1 Lotus championship models is just great. And boy can you tell the difference between the old cars and the new ones. Right now I'm enjoying driving a McLaren in GT Endurance racing. The cars are not cookie cutter either; each one feels different and you can actually feel the difference the adjustments you make are having. I added some front tire pressure to increase oversteer slightly for one track and it worked beautifully; turned a struggling car into a winning car for that race. Having to actually incorporate and use a pit strategy during a race is interesting and fun too. Being able to turn on the headlights out on the track as daylight slides into evening on a long race really gives you the feel of being in control and involved.

This is not an arcade racer; it's a racing simulator so for those who know what they're doing and what adjustments to make and why, you'll love it. If you just want to smash your way through and "win" well....this is probably not for you.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #19
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
I'm loving it now as well. But I'm on XBox1. Online racing is so much better. So far I haven't ran into anyone trying to just ruin races.