#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2023, 02:31 PM   #15
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I have a CF steering wheel from Wildhammer. It does have Alcantara but it's less than the OEM wheel. I find myself placing my hands above the Alcantara most of the time. I did lose the heated function. For me, it's not a big deal.

As far as installation, it did require an air wrench to loosen the torx bolt holding the steering wheel on. That sucker is on damn tight. I don't recommend using the air wrench to tighten the bolt back on. I did and it threw the steering wheel off center. I had to have it re-centered by the dealer. Hand-tighten the bolt only.
Hey Hawk,
I see that you went with the flat "top" steering wheel versus the standard round. Have you noticed any obstruction with the gauges and/or any other feedback? I'm considering that same style (flat top/bottom). Thanks!
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:33 PM   #16
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
The install isn’t hard, there is a few videos on YouTube to give you guidance. You just need to take your time, mine is the heated version. I like the interior, but I didn’t like the steering wheel being Alcântara. Got mine from zencarbonfiber.
Hi Calgary,
I see that you have a "ZL1" emblem on your steering wheel. Did you install that yourself? I see that zencarbonfiber only offers adding the "SS" emblem when customizing. Thx & it looks awesome
Old 09-12-2023, 05:20 PM   #17
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hi Calgary,
I see that you have a "ZL1" emblem on your steering wheel. Did you install that yourself? I see that zencarbonfiber only offers adding the "SS" emblem when customizing. Thx & it looks awesome
You can request the recess for the emblem, but I was too impatient to wait the extra wait time and cost, so I just transferred mine over from factory wheel with out the recess. They were also unclear if they could supply the ZL1 emblem if I did go that route. It was a very confusing conversation back and forth so I opted out and just did my own thing.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 06:20 PM   #18
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
You can request the recess for the emblem, but I was too impatient to wait the extra wait time and cost, so I just transferred mine over from factory wheel with out the recess. They were also unclear if they could supply the ZL1 emblem if I did go that route. It was a very confusing conversation back and forth so I opted out and just did my own thing.
Got it. Thanks for the feedback..
Old 09-12-2023, 06:40 PM   #19
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hey Hawk,
I see that you went with the flat "top" steering wheel versus the standard round. Have you noticed any obstruction with the gauges and/or any other feedback? I'm considering that same style (flat top/bottom). Thanks!
The only obstruction is with the Turn signals. I sometimes have to look under the top of the steering wheel to make sure they’re flashing. Otherwise, nothing else is obstructed. In all fairness to the steering wheel, I do have my seat raised up so I can see over the hood better. If I sat lower, seeing the turn signals likely wouldn’t be an issue.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:55 PM   #20
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
The only obstruction is with the Turn signals. I sometimes have to look under the top of the steering wheel to make sure they’re flashing. Otherwise, nothing else is obstructed. In all fairness to the steering wheel, I do have my seat raised up so I can see over the hood better. If I sat lower, seeing the turn signals likely wouldn’t be an issue.
Great. Thanks for the reply Hawk. I think I'm sold on the flat top & bottom wheel.