Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-24-2023, 08:51 PM   #1
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sparco Sprint L Seats

Thought I’d share a couple lf pics of the Sprint L seats.

I’m running a universal harness bar with a Simpson 5 point Harness. The universal harness bar was bought from Amazon and we took 6inches out of the anchors and re-welded. The anchors connect from the bar itself to the rear seatbelt mounting points under the rear bench. The steel was excellent quality.

The Sprint L seats run tall. I have it set up in the Sparco Camaro Base with the Sparco sliding rails. The bases required a little modification. Some material on the hooks had to be ground down and there was a part of the base blocking the inside mounting hole for the T50 that needed to be enlarged so that the tool can be inserted for torquing.

I’ll get more up to date pics but I ended up removing all seatbelt hardware. Obviously seatbelt warning and airbag lights have come on. I haven’t gotten around to playing with the spare harness I bought. Seems complicated and I’d end up adding hardware from the stock seats which would add back weight.

Seats are very comfortable. I’m 5,11 and they’re a tad low for me so I added a seat cushion to give me a little less than an inch back. I had to go with the “L” since I’m a bigger guy who lifts weighing in around 240lbs.

The seats weigh roughly 25lbs each. Considerable weight has been saved with the removal of the stock seats and also the removal of the seatbelt hardware front and rear. Hopefully my rear seat delete kit will arrive by the weekend and I'll also be throwing in a Antigravity battery in for additional weight savings.
Attached Images

Last edited by NG329; 04-24-2023 at 09:04 PM.
NG329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:59 PM   #2
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Functional AND look great! Perfect!
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:31 PM   #3
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
Functional AND look great! Perfect!
Thanks! They really make the car pop. I’m pleased with the aesthetics.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:34 AM   #4
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Is there a work around or kit for the airbag light?
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:22 AM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKgoFAST View Post
Is there a work around or kit for the airbag light?

I have to search for it but I believe I saw a work around for it years back, One of the reasons why I haven't changed my seats yet, I believe its something with needing to buy another harness for $100+ and connecting it, I'll try and find it, I'm going to need to go this route as I just bought my roll cage and want to put in different seats for shift sector racing
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:53 AM   #6
NG329

The workaround is to buy both driver and passenger harnesses. Then remove the control module from the driver seat and connect to the driver side harness to get your power mirrors back. Then remove the passenger weight system from the passenger seat and connect to the passenger harness. Doing this will cause the passenger airbag to never deploy since it will never detect weight. The alternative is to solder 3ohm resistors into the harnesses for these connectors to remove the airbag light.

Having the airbag light on I think is the better solution because the passenger side will deploy albeit at full speed. Lots of guys will retain the stock seatbelts to avoid the driver restraint system prompts when the car is started. I opted to remove mine because I hate them flopping around and the additional weight savings are nice too.

At the end of the day, since I’m keeping all the stock components everything can always go back to stock.