Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #29
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Please don't let this turn in to a political conversation.

We are all just speculating at this point.

Thanks,
Besides, W happens to be the most common shape keys into cars. I've had two cars (and it better stay at two) keyed and both had W's in them.

Just kind of a natural motion (when you are a jerkoff).
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
10 months and nothing so far on my car. Its parked in the garage at night and its pretty safe at work.

Is this happening in Norman Oklahoma?

Just wondering. I used to live in S.W. Oklahoma City and hung out a lot in Norman.
Yup. All happening in and around Norman. Nothing on Campus, but it seems when I drift about a mile from campus the people change into envious pricks.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #31
jag107

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM M6
People who key cars deserve the death penalty.
jag107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #32
dirtydogg

Drives: .
first --- thanks for your service to our country --- next get you some kind of camera system to catch these jerks. don't think it will stop until you stop it. just do it the right way. it is not worth going to jail for anything. good luck.
dirtydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #33
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
I have seen so many of these threads with people defacing our cars. I am scared to death to leave it by itself for 5 minutes in public (execpt for work which is high secured). Lately it has just been driven to work and back home or to someone's house with a private drive. No shopping centers. It is a very sad deal to be that paranoid! Thanks for everyone that share their misfortune so the rest can be more careful.
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #34
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
There is no intelligent life left on this planet.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #35
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
I know it's not the same person though. It happens at random locations. Like one day I went to the movies, came out and a lexus had parked within 2 inchs of my passenger door. I couldn't even fit in between the cars to open it.... IN AN EMPTY LOT.

I usually park away from everyone, but never double park. I tend to park next to other nice cars/muscle cars (gt, g8, transams, firebirds, all those) hoping they'll have enough respect for it. But yeah, people usually take to messing with my car in random places.
I had that happen to me today at Target. I park in the back of the lot away from everyone! I come out and some jackass in a Huandyi has parked next to me crooked and I almost couldnt get in my drivers side door. I hate people! THEY SUCK!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #36
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
leaving my cover in hoping people will see I'm military and avoid messing with it. I leave my ruck, my equipment, I have tried everything, but people STILL mess with my car and deface it. It's gotten very very bad. I know I am not the only one this has happened to, but it seems that this KEEPS happening and keeps GETTING worse.....
Thanks.
They are probably messing with it because they know your in the Army.Being a veteran myself,I saw a few friends go through what's going on with you.But back than it was one with a brand new Ford Mustang and the other had a lifted Toyota Pick-Up truck.

Both were vandalized on several occasions when they lived off base.
Sugar in the gas tank,gum stuck on and in the door key hole.
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #37
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
that is terrible! yeah, the first night out after changing my bowties with black vinyl, someone decides to take their thumb and cut the vinyl and push up on, ruining the bowtie. arggh the title of my thread was "can't have anything nice around people..." and this is so true.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #38
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Well, if most of you don't know by this point, I am 2SSARME. I have a fully loaded blacked out 2010 SS/RS with the 21" black painted rims and everything. I have put no engine mods into it, but have done some cosmetics.

Up to date I have wracked up $1,800 worth of damage (according to the estimator at my dealer) by other peoples envy.

To this date I have the following on my car:
The driver side door is keyed to hell. Someone wrote a W then a few other lines around it.
Right after my passenger side door, next to the trunk, someone decided to key it to. It's not as bad, but it's a nasty slanted line about an inch from up to down.
Someone scraped my car and left a little pink/red vertical line on my back bumper about 6 inches from up to down (given this isn't very visible)
And recently the worst happened. I woke up for PT at 530am and went to PT. When I arrived I noticed my car had various red marks. On further inspection someone had scraped my front bumper, and my back side before my rim AND my rim!!! In total I had red paint on my front bumper (not that much) A LOT of red paint right after my drivers door, and a HUGE red spot on my BLACK rims.

What the hell is wrong with people. I have not found out who ANY of these turds are. I've tried various techniques to try to persuade people to NOT mess with my car: leaving my cover in hoping people will see I'm military and avoid messing with it. I leave my ruck, my equipment, I have tried everything, but people STILL mess with my car and deface it. It's gotten very very bad. I know I am not the only one this has happened to, but it seems that this KEEPS happening and keeps GETTING worse.....

For a time line on what has happened: First I had that little scrape on the back, then that inch size key, then the bad key then the huge red spots. It seems that every time someone does something to my car, it gets worse!

I have thought about getting insurance to pay for it, but I have a $1,000 deductible.

Well I'm done ranting. I've been holding it in for quite a while now and just had to let it out. But I have never seen such defacing of someones property in my life.... Not even to my Benz in Panama (a 3rd world country! where people routinely ding you!!!)

Anyway, that's my rant. If anyone has any input, negative of positive, please leave it!

Thanks.
Based on the following, I'd wager that while no one deserves to have their car messed with, sometimes, a person's attitude can bring that out of people.

Quote:
Sorry can't hear you because you're quite a ways behind me. How's my rubber look.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #39
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
lol it's a proven fact that the way people act on the internet is not how they act in real life.

I don't race. I don't edge people on. Even when people try to race me on the street I don't do it. I have not pissed anyone off since I got my car. If you're telling me that parking far from the entrance someone enraged someone enough to key and ding my car, well then.... I don't know what to say.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #40
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinMan View Post
I'll bet it's anit-military nuts. Maybe that explains the "W", as in George W. Bush.

Lot's of crazies out there. I don't put any bumper stickers on my car for that reason.

Agree......people suck.

Curious to know if he has a vanity plate. Yes people suck especially aholes that disrespect our military if they hate them so much why don't they go live somewhere else. So much fo being pacifist.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #41
moultron

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Send a message via AIM to moultron Send a message via Skype™ to moultron
This is why I walk 4 times further then anybody else. I do not ever park where anyone will park next to me. My car is the one way the hell out in a spot by itself. If there are no spots to park in then I park in another parking lot off that property. And if going into anyplace for an extended period of time I put my locked car cover on the car. I know none of these will deter everyone but it helps. I have not one ding, mark, etc.... in 3 months.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #42
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
lol it's a proven fact that the way people act on the internet is not how they act in real life.
That's not a proven fact, it's a debatable opinion. I know many, including me who show little or no difference in online vs. offline.

Even if it were a fact, all that means in this case is that you're disingenuous.

Quote:
I don't race. I don't edge people on. Even when people try to race me on the street I don't do it. I have not pissed anyone off since I got my car. If you're telling me that parking far from the entrance someone enraged someone enough to key and ding my car, well then.... I don't know what to say.
I wasn't necessarily using the quote you made to show anything about racing. I was using it to show your overall attitude based on a casual observation. If your attitude offline is anything like what I've witnessed so far, it's not a stretch to say there's one or two people you've come across who've been filled with a desire to take some amount of anger out on your car.

It doesn't excuse it, by any means. But it does offer one possible explanation.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote