Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
CGM 2SS/RS: "Project Sleek"

Current Pictures:

Cosmetic Mods:
5% Window Tint
Showstopper LED Sidemarkers
Footwell Lighting
Heritage Grill
Powdercoated Calipers
Matte Black Speedo Bezel, Steering Wheel Bezel and Tail Light Bezels
Black Anodized Racing Pedals
Concept Dash ABL (2SSRS)
Quad Exhaust Diffuser (2SSRS)
Quad Exhaust Tips
“CAMARO” Side Lettering
Ghost Armour – Full Set
Street Scene Lower Grill
Lloyd Floor Mats
AAC LED Reverse Lights
AAC 6K Xenon Bulbs
AAC License Plate Lights
AAC LED DRL’s
Fieldgoal Halo 2 DRL Harness
Black Chrome/Matte Black Chevy Emblems
Vitesse Paddle Shifters
ZL1 Rear Splash Shields
22x9 / 22x10.5 F14 Forgestars

Performance Mods:
CAI Cold Air Intake
Ported Throttle Body
RX Polished Catch Can W/ Breather
ADM Race Scoop
Apex WW Relocation
Borla S-type Cat-back Exhaust
QTP Exhaust Cutouts
CTS-V Brakes
Rear Dimpled/Slotted Rotors
Strainless Brake Lines
Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
Pfadt Gen2 Coilovers
Pfadt Subframe Bushing
Pfadt trailing Arms
Pfadt Toe Links
Pfadt ZL1 Sway Bars
Pfadt Endlinks Front
ZL1 Rear Endlinks
ZL1 Rear Lower Control Arms
Pedders Radius Inserts
Pfadt Upper C-Arm Bushings

Coming Soon:

Planned:
Racing Seat Conversion (For headroom at the track)
SLP Front Splitter - Wrapped in Carbon Fiber
Side Skirts - Wrapped in Carbon Fiber
Customized Leather Interior
Custom Audio Setup
Performance

*Please don’t jack my photos without permission. Just ask me.*
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread

Last edited by kobSS; 12-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
kobSS

I remember way back in late 2008/early 2009 visiting the Chevrolet.com website and building the “BLACK” edition Camaro. I loved the look right away. It had the lines, the blacked-out colors, and the power. I was ready for an upgrade from my High School car and had my mind set right away on the Camaro. It wasn’t exactly practical for me at the time to go out and buy a new car; so I saved for a bit. I cant remember how many Camaros I built on the Chevy website…

My dad is a Camaro guy. He had a ’86 IROC-Z he loved that he had to sell when I was young. He missed it so much after he sold it, he purchased another a few years later. We trekked over to Nebraska to pick one up he had purchased online. It was an IROC similar to his old one; it brought his grin back. We drove back on Route 66 together cruising in his camaro. But, Chevy runs deep. So maybe it was meant to be.

When I was finally ready, it wasn’t as quick of a transaction as I would have liked. It was my first loan so I was getting denied several times due to no credit history. I was content with getting a LT model, but it just wouldn’t happen. I was at the point where I was just going to give up and buy a more “simple” car – but I still really wanted a Camaro some day. Randomly one day in October, my girl’s mother spotted a nice CGM SS at a dealership. I thought – “Eh, its probably not what I want” But, I couldn’t be rude and just not check it out after she spotted it out for me.

So, I went to the dealer and needless to say… After putting down years of savings, and what I thought was ½ my left nut, and ¼ of the right, I was driving my dream car. I was set and had a super low payment because I had to put so much down just to show the bank I could afford it. The grin on my face all the way home was priceless. It was worth it.

Living on C5 all day, you get a lot of temptations to buy things. So of course – mods led to more mods. I’ve been on Camaro5.com daily for quite a few years now. I don’t post much, but I thought now would be a great time to start a Journal for my 2010 CGM SS Camaro, and play a little catch up. I don’t have a name for her – but I think of it as: “Project Stealth”

Enjoy.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

Build Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
kobSS

Mods started small. I did some window tinting, LED sidemarkers, Footwell lighting, and changed up the color of the emblems. I also painted the tail light bezel matte black.

I was able to get some DIY’s done and Paint the Calipers w/ G2 paint, as well as paint the speedo and steering wheel bezels black.

I added the AAC DRL Lighting and Fieldgoal Harness, along with the AAC License Plate LEDs.

Build Thread

Last edited by kobSS; 10-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
kobSS

After getting a bit of mods done, I slowed down a bit to try and save up for some bigger mods. In the meantime, was able to do a small photoshoot one night at 2:00 AM

Build Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
kobSS

As I was saving up for bigger mods, it was hard to resist getting some more “filler” items. I changed the “CAMARO” and “SS” badges to matte black, Installed Quad Exhaust Tips, Quad Diffuser, QTP Cutouts, Racing Pedals, 6k Xenon bulbs, and upgraded to the Halo 2 DRL Harness. I also added the Vitesse Paddle shifters to the steering wheel.

Quad Exhaust and Diffuser:

Blacked out "SS", "CAMARO", and Quad Exhaust:

RX Catch Can w/ AN Fittings:

Racing Pedals and Lloyd Mats:

Vitesse Paddle Shifters, Black Bezels:

Stillen Lower Grill:

Build Thread

Last edited by kobSS; 10-15-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
kobSS

I've got quite an inventory of parts in my garage that ive been waiting to install. Everything is suspension/braking related so I figured i'd do it all at one time.

I also dont trust myself enough to install parts related to such an important piece of the car. Reliable performance shops seem to be somewhat rare within San Diego County. I believe i've found a good one that I will be using for the install of my braking and suspension components.

I spoke with one of the owners Ed and walked through all the items I was looking at getting installed.

So - I've got my appointment for Monday at 8:00 AM at Renegade Performance. Hoping to be able to snag photos one lunch break over the days that the car is in the shop.

I will be getting the following installed:

CTS-V Brake Conversion
Powdercoated Calipers
Stainless Steel Lines
Rear Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Pads
Pfadt Gen2 Coilovers
Pfadt Subframe Bushing
Pfadt Trailing Arms
Pfadt Toe Links
Pfadt ZL1 Sway Bars
Pfadt Endlinks
Pfadt Upper C-Arm Bushings
Pedders Radius Inserts

I have to give a shout out to Pfadt and JDP motorsports as well. Jordan and his team have been awesome to work with on getting both my braking and suspension all squared away. Communication was great, shipping was quick, and I couldnt ask for anything better. The Pfadt pieces are like art - i'll try to post pics of the coilovers.

Build Thread

Last edited by kobSS; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I didn't do any mods to mine until 2 years after buying it. This forum is at fault for offering too much temptation.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Great build thread! I love you car! I too have a CGM and love how yours looks

Got any pics of the quad tips?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #9
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Great start car looks awesome , keep up the good work.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
looking good brother! always love seeing CGM mod's they look great

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
You're going to love the car with the new suspension components! Be sure to have Renegade give us a call with any questions they may have!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
kobSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I didn't do any mods to mine until 2 years after buying it. This forum is at fault for offering too much temptation.
Amen to that. Some great ideas throughout this forum. Makes me spend money

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Great build thread! I love you car! I too have a CGM and love how yours looks

Got any pics of the quad tips?
Updated Post 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Great start car looks awesome , keep up the good work.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC1464 View Post
looking good brother! always love seeing CGM mod's they look great
Love the CGM color. Your ride is lookin awesome as well man.

Build Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
kobSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
You're going to love the car with the new suspension components! Be sure to have Renegade give us a call with any questions they may have!
Thanks guy - I cant wait. You guys have been a great help over the past months for me.

Dropped the car off this AM. Will be heading back over there later to capture some photos.

Build Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
kobSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Figure I'd take this time to post some photos of the Art that is Pfadt. Unfortunately, they're cell phone teaser pics.

Build Thread