Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Taylor "409" Plug Wires

Take this for what it's worth, Just installed Taylor "409" Race Wires 10.4 mm. The idle is smoother and the throttle response seems to be quicker. Had a little rough idle when stopped at a light but now no more, may have been a bad wire on the factory set but whatever, these IMHO ROCK.
Dznyfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine should be showing up in the mail any day now. I don't think anything is wrong with my factory set but I suppose I am going to find out soon. Thanks for sharing.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Ex-Cobra Guy

Drives: 2013 CTS-V Wagon & 2010 SS (hers)
Now you're gonna see all the "MSD guys" coming out of the wood work!!!!!!!!

The Taylor vs MSD debate never ends.

I've always had great results with Taylor (both 8mm and the 409's) on my old 1995 Cobra. Love the way they click onto the plug. There's no questioning if you got those bad buys on there.

Lets see a picture of them installed.

Gary
Ex-Cobra Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Thundervolt here... Samething??
vararam intake, Vmax TB,Vmax Intake,TSP VVT 3 Cam,TSP underdrive pulley,Yank 3600,TM Cooler,ARH 2", High Flow cats, X-pipe, GM Pro mufflers, RX Catch Can,160 stat, BMR Trailing,toe,Cradle insert, Diff. Bushings, End links, Spohn-LCA's (Touring)Wheel spacer's. 422 rwhp Mustang Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFNAhCL7Os
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
They are junk, I can show you tons of them that have broken internally.. it's the anatomy of the wire that makes the difference. In fact it was Taylor wires that got me into the business in the first place... Paid $160 for a set of Taylor 10.4mm custom length wires.. First time I changed the plugs I pulled 3 of them apart.. never again...

Taylor wires are junk, plain and simple.

What separates the MSD from all others is the double crimp system that does not break where 99.9% of the other do break. I've repaired and built 1000's of sets of wires from Taylor to Moroso I do know what I am talking about. I could offer any wire on the planet at the best price you would find in the world and I only offer MSD for a very good reason.. its the best wire system on the market
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Dznyfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
They are junk, I can show you tons of them that have broken internally.. it's the anatomy of the wire that makes the difference. In fact it was Taylor wires that got me into the business in the first place... Paid $160 for a set of Taylor 10.4mm custom length wires.. First time I changed the plugs I pulled 3 of them apart.. never again...

What separates the MSD from all others is the double crimp system that does not break where 99.9% of the other do break. I've repaired and built 1000's of sets of wires from Taylor to Moroso I do know what I am talking about. I could offer any wire on the planet at the best price you would find in the world and I only offer MSD for a very good reason.. its the best wire system on the market
OK, first you are a sponsor selling MSD.

Second, you don't know my history as I didn't post it.

So, since you highjacked this thread for your rant let me enlighten you a little. Ordered MSD, opened box and coil boot on one plug was loose in bag. Called them and their Customer service was great and they sent another set. Installed replacement set and had a terrible miss, number one wasn't fully on. After trying to "seat" it on to no avail, pulled of with plug wire pliers from Snap-on and check the plug end and noticed the plug end was not close enough to the end for the plug to make contact. Sent back.

Never tried Taylor until this set and each end had a noticeable "click". Started car and wonderful sound. Looks great too.

Also, I am not down on MSD overall as I have used them many times and will use them in the future as I will be getting Coils at a later date.

Please let people read and take what I experienced for what it is and for them to make their own decisions.

That is all.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Actually

First... I wasnt going to say a thing until the ex cobra guy said something about MSD vs Taylor so yes I thought I would enlighten anyone reading the thread.

Second, my MSD are made by me and not the same as the box set at all.. same components but made here in Oregon and gauranteed for life .

Third ...yes I sell MSD because it was/is my experience that Taylors and most others were junk and I knew I could do better.. so I did.

4th, yes I hijacked it a bit but for a very good reason. To not see anyone waste their money as I did.

5th.... nothing was aimed at you at all.

6th.... this is an open forum ... you post something and it's open for discussion..
( you should see how a vendpor gets hammered if they introduce a new product)
Please let people read and take what I experienced for what it is and for them to make their own decisions. Sorry if what I say offended you, but it is an open debate type of forum.....

7th.. don't waste your money on MSD coils
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post

I have had Taylor also break. MSD never.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Ive got Taylors on mine from another member on this board. Had them off twice since on my car and no issues. I think you just have to have some common sense and not tug on the wire itself. I have pulled MSD wires apart after they have been on for awhile but I dont call them junk.
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Well, here is my $.02....i have used both MSD and Taylor wires and never had a problem with either.
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Dznyfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Cobra Guy View Post
Now you're gonna see all the "MSD guys" coming out of the wood work!!!!!!!!

The Taylor vs MSD debate never ends.

I've always had great results with Taylor (both 8mm and the 409's) on my old 1995 Cobra. Love the way they click onto the plug. There's no questioning if you got those bad buys on there.

Lets see a picture of them installed.

Gary
Here you are
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Taylor vs. MSD is Nike vs. Reebok. They are both fine and will do good. We sell lots, and never get returns or complaints. There are way more signifigant things to sweat modding your car.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #13
faSSt
**Sold n' Sad**

Drives: 11 F150 Supercrew FX4 5.0
Drew10, you should be getting yours in any day! Taylor's are awesome plug wires, i didn't have a single issue and i know many others who've had the same great results.

I'm far from impressed with CC Performance's professionalism, or should i say lack there of. Perhaps you have some knowledge you wouldn't mind sharing, but to come off bashing other products is rediculous. Of course, being that you advertise MSD is not helping your case.

Props to Maryland Speed for keeping it clean! Not hard to choose where I want my money going.
2011 Camaro 2SS, SIM, 6M, HUD, 10% tint, black out lenses, SS emblems, TSP 304 LT's, Roto-Fab, MGW shifter, gto res, 8K BFXENON, HP Tuners, Redline Fluids. ***Sold*** Now in an 11' F150 supercrew FX4.
Still addicted to the this forum
faSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #14
Dznyfn