#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #99
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Finally had the top down today. Why? To make it easier to get my COVID vaccine.
Where the heck are they doing drive-thru in Detroit?! I got mine yesterday after spending an entire morning on findashot.org and having 6 browser windows open to each Rite-Aid region around town. Then playing fastest finger to nab a spot. Had one instance where it took me to the sign-up page after grabbing the time slot, but when I was done entering all my info it said "that slot has been taken". Arggghhh!

Coming out of the storage unit at the end of this month! I can't wait!

Driving to Ohio today to pick up a set of 2019 version 5-split-spokes from a guy on the forum here! (the straight-spoke ones, not the "turbine blade" curved version).
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #100
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Where the heck are they doing drive-thru in Detroit?! I got mine yesterday after spending an entire morning on findashot.org and having 6 browser windows open to each Rite-Aid region around town. Then playing fastest finger to nab a spot. Had one instance where it took me to the sign-up page after grabbing the time slot, but when I was done entering all my info it said "that slot has been taken". Arggghhh!

Coming out of the storage unit at the end of this month! I can't wait!

Driving to Ohio today to pick up a set of 2019 version 5-split-spokes from a guy on the forum here! (the straight-spoke ones, not the "turbine blade" curved version).
TCF Center. But it’s only for Detroit residents.

Side note: Your car looks like exactly what I was about to order until I walked into my dealership and saw the Fifty. As it turns out, I wound up buying the car that I’d first seen, only about three months later. At the time I was just trying to decide if I wanted white stripes or silver stripes. If you are not already, you ought consider linking up with Motor City Camaro Club.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:24 PM   #101
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Sigh...

Second day in a row over 60 here, and I saw 6 or 7 Camaro's out today. In one day! All but two were convertibles.

Mine is still in the garage as I have too much other stuff going on to even think about driving it right now.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:51 PM   #102
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
I was so excited to get out in the Camaro today with the top down. Spectacular weather here for march. I was out in it all day. Now i got a wicked sunburn 🥵.

So much fun.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:44 PM   #103
Dathomas94

Drives: Camaro 2021 ZL1 6 speed ragtop
Joekd. Where in CT I’m in Darien. Do you have a reliable dealer service Dept you like. I know it’s a big ask.....
Dathomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #104
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
Where I am in Texas is rather nice the past few days I have been running around everywhere with it down.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #105
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew145022 View Post
Where I am in Texas is rather nice the past few days I have been running around everywhere with it down.
ya ya - we all saw those spring break videos from the gulf coast this week!!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:58 PM   #106
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Had some rain last night that washed most of the salt away from the main roads and the temperature was in the 60's.
It was finally time to wake up the car, drop the top and go cruising for the first time this year. I stayed on the secondary roads because only sand was used on them during the winter. It felt so good to tickle that go pedal - carefully though as the roads were cold and dusty. Hooray, the season has begun! I sure did miss the wonderful music the car makes. I did have to clean the dust off when I got home.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #107
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
Had some rain last night that washed most of the salt away from the main roads and the temperature was in the 60's.
It was finally time to wake up the car, drop the top and go cruising for the first time this year. I stayed on the secondary roads because only sand was used on them during the winter. It felt so good to tickle that go pedal - carefully though as the roads were cold and dusty. Hooray, the season has begun! I sure did miss the wonderful music the car makes. I did have to clean the dust off when I got home.
I am with you on that! One inch of rain last night, the roads are clean(er)(ish)!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #108
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Yeah, all the rain we got over the past week/weekend here was nice and I was so glad to see it, to wash the roads free of salt. I knew it was to good to be true though, as I seen yesterday, the boys were out with there big trucks with a box full of heaping salt, ready to be spread all over the dry/salt free roads again. What I like to call a salt storm. In NY, we have snowstorms and salt storms. The system seems to be pretty messed up, in the fact that they cant just stock pile the salt for the next winter season, they have to get rid of it in order to get the funding and more new salt the following winter. So here I sit, nothing new, I am use to it, waiting for mid April to May before I take the Camaro and anything else out that I don't want the salt to eat away. By then usually the boys have had there fun destroying the already destroyed/heavily potholed roads with salt and finally let mother nature do her thing with rain and then they can go out and finally fill the potholes in, so we can all eventually enjoy the toys we spend good money on and would like to enjoy. Until then, I have not been able to do anything to my Camaro today.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #109
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
But Yes! I am so ready to be able to take her out and cruise with the top down again. I hated to vent, but if a long winter isn't frustration enough, then you have these beautiful, warm days and still can not get the vehicles out because conditions just are not there yet, is that much more frustrating. I guess it's just a tease.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #110
DeltaEliteMan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Nightfall Grey Vert
Took her out for the first time today with the top down.
It was glorious...
DeltaEliteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #111
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Came out of the storage unit Sunday! Z26 Powerstops and new (gently used takeoffs) 2019+ Silver Split spokes installed! Damn Goodyear shop took forever to swap the F1's onto the wheels so I only got out long enough to break-in the Powerstops (with the top down at least!). Cold here the rest of the week, so no more drives til next week
Attached Images

Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:37 AM   #112
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
Yeah, all the rain we got over the past week/weekend here was nice and I was so glad to see it, to wash the roads free of salt. I knew it was to good to be true though, as I seen yesterday, the boys were out with there big trucks with a box full of heaping salt, ready to be spread all over the dry/salt free roads again. What I like to call a salt storm. In NY, we have snowstorms and salt storms. The system seems to be pretty messed up, in the fact that they cant just stock pile the salt for the next winter season, they have to get rid of it in order to get the funding and more new salt the following winter. So here I sit, nothing new, I am use to it, waiting for mid April to May before I take the Camaro and anything else out that I don't want the salt to eat away. By then usually the boys have had there fun destroying the already destroyed/heavily potholed roads with salt and finally let mother nature do her thing with rain and then they can go out and finally fill the potholes in, so we can all eventually enjoy the toys we spend good money on and would like to enjoy. Until then, I have not been able to do anything to my Camaro today.
Or, maybe they were pre-treating ahead of the snow that just passed through lots of areas of NY again?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote