Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Emblempros

Old 11-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #29
WhiteMale

Drives: 18 SS 1LE / 21 ZL1 on order
Consider your local TV stations they usually have a "problem solvers" section that likes to show up to businesses and shove a camera in their face and ask lot's of questions...
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:35 PM   #30
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
Check to see if your state Attorney General has a consumer fraud division.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #31
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
I would go there and speak to the owner in person.

I always pay with credit card so I can dispute the charge if fraud is involved.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #32
jaybee924

Drives: 2021 RSBlueM ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
I'm in Chattanooga, TN. I will say this from just the little stuff I read over and someone was right. Most of the time in having a lot of big/a lot of work done, you just pay for the parts only and then when you get the car and they do the labor, that's when you pay for the labor. So if a shop didn't do this I would be hesitant.

I don't know where you are at in GA. But you have:
Lsxperts - Ball Ground, GA They seem to have a good reputation
Vengeance - ATL Great reputation

My tuner. Lethal Performance and Dyno Inc. - Jefferson City, TN (close to Gatlingburg) They are about 2 to 2.5 hours away from Chattanooga yes I drive up there to them. They are great and straight up. Brandon Loy is the shop owner and tuner. He tuned my C6 Vette Grand Sport and it hauls azz.

I didn't know if you want to hear all of that but just putting it out there. I have eyeballed F L in the past but lack of communication and not ever hearing much about them, I went to Lethal Performance. F L does have some good sounding cams that's about it. I only found out about them because I was around their area and heard a C5 vet hitting a lick from a couple of cars back and then I finally was able to see the bumper and sticker other than that I bought an exhaust from a guy in GA and he used F L and said he had to go back over stuff cause it was like they rushed so much and stuff was just left hanging everywhere. But good luck man.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:52 PM   #33
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoosNoos View Post
So recently with this shop that I've gone with, they were helpful up until they got my deposit, a whopping 80% of the whole package. After that, they haven't really been answering alot of my questions, terrible customer service, and then when I told them, I wanted a refund they started talking about how they have a no refund policy, which they never told me. They said that they can't return the money but they can move my date up. At this point, I'm fed up with the shop and I don't want them working on my car anymore.

They still haven't done any work, but said "they already bought the stuff" for their generic cam package that literally everyone is getting. I've only made mine "unique" by adding on 2 things that if "already bought" , I'll take the parts and the rest of the money by subtracting those 2 things.

What can I do to get my money back? I checked their recent reviews, but I should've before I even went there. I paid via cashier's check.

Thanks for the help.
Contact the BBB and your consumer protection in your state. They will contact the outfit for you.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #34
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I wouldn't let them lay a finger on my car but this does sound good.

MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:49 PM   #35
KilllerKc

Drives: 2017 LT2
Picket out front with big signs. That will get your money back quickly.
KilllerKc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #36
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I would not do business with any shop that demanded 80% cash upfront, period. Those types of shops need to go out of business. OP-good luck and I hope you get most of your money back.
^^ Ya, this and I would only pay with a CC if I ever did put anything down at all. CC is your only recourse. All you would have had to do is call you CC company and get them to refund your money (which they would have) and they'd go after the business.

Good luck, but I think you need to let them finish the work or be ok with writing off the cash
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:47 AM   #37
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I would only consider one of the big boys such as Hennessey...
Hennessey is the shop that started this business model of taking people's money and using it to pay off prior jobs and never giving back the car. They are infamous shysters.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:15 AM   #38
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Hennessey is the shop that started this business model of taking people's money and using it to pay off prior jobs and never giving back the car. They are infamous shysters.
If only one tenth of the horror stories and ex-employee feedback about HPE is true, they should long have been out of business...
Soler LT5 95mm TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | Jannetty Racing custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #39
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
If only one tenth of the horror stories and ex-employee feedback about HPE is true, they should long have been out of business...
Oh, they're true. Those of us who lived in the area always wonder how he hasn't been whacked yet...and how he somehow manages to keep getting magazine cover stories for cars that aren't ever going to be built for customers. He must have a lot of "compromat" material on his big-money victi...errrr, customers and magazine editors.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #40
BEACHRS

Drives: 2017 CAMARO RS
I agree the deposit fee is high, but I think everyone is failing to realize the point of a deposit. What is even the point of making one if everyone who changes their mind can get it back? It doesn't hold any value that way and it leaves the shop with no work and parts they have to return and take a restocking fee on if they are even able to. A deposit is a promise to have work done and as listed on their site, not refundable. Just let them do the work you agreed to have them do, or lose the money. You really have no recourse at this point.
BEACHRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #41
Petrol Head

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHRS View Post
I agree the deposit fee is high, but I think everyone is failing to realize the point of a deposit. What is even the point of making one if everyone who changes their mind can get it back? It doesn't hold any value that way and it leaves the shop with no work and parts they have to return and take a restocking fee on if they are even able to. A deposit is a promise to have work done and as listed on their site, not refundable. Just let them do the work you agreed to have them do, or lose the money. You really have no recourse at this point.
To the OP’s defense, after they took his deposit they essentially cut off communications with him. That’s a BIG sign of trouble. If they were going to do the work in a reasonable timeframe they’d have answered all his questions and stayed in communications.

This is clearly a troubled business. He has every right and expectation to demand every penny of his deposit back or pursue legal action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Can't wait to put a cam and headers on my new electric car....
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #42
Doc Oc

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
To the OP’s defense, after they took his deposit they essentially cut off communications with him. That’s a BIG sign of trouble. If they were going to do the work in a reasonable timeframe they’d have answered all his questions and stayed in communications.

This is clearly a troubled business. He has every right and expectation to demand every penny of his deposit back or pursue legal action.
Well, we are also only getting one side of the story and I'm sure there's some bias to it. To say it's clearly a "troubled business" when you don't know the whole story is unfair. I work at a performance shop part time to get out of the house. You wouldn't believe the amount of "over-eager" customers we get who have some work done or order parts then think that gives them the right to call every five minutes or hang around the shop all day, bugging the hell out of the techs. People think once they plop down a wad of cash they've got the shop on call 24/7. No idea if that's the case here but I'm sure there's more to the story. Also, our shop has been absolutely slammed since Covid started. Maybe they are too and just don't have the time to answer tons of questions from an anxious customer until it's time to start the build.